Page 4 of 10 [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2022, 8:50 pm

When I first heard Bob Dylan, I had to close my ears---his voice was so grating to me at the time.

I got used to his voice, eventually. I feel like he deserved his Nobel Prize.

I don't like most "Gangsta Rap" songs, though some songs within the genre presents pretty good poetry.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2022, 9:01 pm

James Blunt’s “You’re Beautiful” really irritates me.

I want to tell him to stop whining, staring at women on the subway, and thinking that physical appearance is the key ingredient to love.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2022, 1:19 pm

Brass Monkey.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2022, 11:19 pm

I Peed In The Pool. It's very disrespectful for people who are living with incontinence.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2022, 6:44 pm

/\It’s also nasty to do that if you are able to control the go and an adult that knows better.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

30 Aug 2022, 8:11 pm

I really dislike songs meant for preschoolers or little kids like Cocomelon. Cartoon Network started playing a preschool segment on weekday mornings after their Adult Swim segment ends & Cocomelon gets aired sometimes. There's been a few times when I fell asleep on the sofa with the TV on Adult Swim & Cocomelon was on when I woke up & it even entered my dreams a few times :pale: :help:

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2022, 11:41 pm

We've Got To Sink The Bismarck. Sorry, but I'm not in the same army as most of you.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2022, 12:07 am

Whitney Houston's "You Give Good Love" is rather annoying. Because you cant NOT think of 'giving head' when you hear it (and indeed hafta to fight the urge sing along with the radio with those words).

From the same 80s era was "Our Loves in Jeopardy Baby". You cant NOT hear it as "I won on Jeopardy, Baby". Or "I lost on Jeopardy, Baby". Either one.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2022, 8:25 am

naturalplastic wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:

The Paul Anka thing is a cover of a hit by Wham! and George Micheal. Anka gives the already emotionally charged song a certain mature masculine gravitas that makes it ....more extreme. Extremely good, or extremely bad. Not sure which.

The song was number #1 in 1974. Wham! was an ‘80s act.
(You're) Having My Baby - Wikipedia
Quote:
Despite its commercial success, the song has been criticized for its maudlin sentimentalityand perceived sexist undertones, and has appeared in many "worst songs" lists. It was voted the #1 "Worst Song of All Time" in a poll conducted by CNN.com in 2006.

Peter Reilly, in a February 1975 review of the album from which it originated, for what was then known as Stereo Review, stated that the song "defeats critical evaluation with the same brashly sure grasp of the popular mood as his equally dismal "Diana" of years ago. Everybody knows Anka can do better (he proved it easily with "My Way"), but he still composes and sings as if he were working on his first million and his fondest wish was an appearance on Dick Clark's show. '(You're) Having My Baby' is (really) The Worst. He grunts out the unforgettable lyrics, 'Yuh're havin' muh baybee/Whad a lovely way of sayin' how much yuh love me . . . Oh the seed inside you baybee/Do you feel it growin'?' in an Elvis-like roar while what sounds like Mantovani's orchestra swoons around him. Yet I'll admit, dammit, that after hearing it only once I caught myself vacantly humming it, exactly as I did years ago with "Diana". All of which probably proves that Anka has some powerful natural gift of communication no matter how much one objects to the message."

The song was also criticized for declaring the child was the man's, rather than the couple's. Anka defended his choice in a 1974 interview, saying, "it's not meant to alienate anyone. I could have called it 'having our baby', but the other just sounded better. It's not a male ego trip—my baby."Anka did sometimes sing the line as "you're having our baby" while performing in concert. While reviewing a 2005 concert, Dan MacIntosh of PopMatters noted that while Anka had "covered most of his career highlights", he had "wisely neglected to include 'You're Having My Baby.'"

Others criticized a line stating that while the woman could have "swept it from [her] life" (a euphemism for having an abortion, which had recently been legalized across the United States through the Roe v. Wade Supreme Court ruling), she had not because it was "a wonderful way of showing how much she loves him". In response, Anka said the song was "a love song". He also explained in 1974, "what I'm saying in the song is that there is a choice. The libbers will get on me; I can't help that. I am into the antihuman thing, and I do understand the other side of it. There are those who can't cope, and it's not in the cards for them to have kids. I'm a libber myself, in the sense that ... if you've got to abort, you do. Some people just can't cope."

The National Organization for Women gave Anka (and, for the unrelated album Unborn Child, Seals and Crofts) the "Keep Her in Her Place" award during "its annual putdown of male chauvinism" in the media on Women's Equality Day.Ms. magazine "awarded" Anka their "Male Chauvinistic Pig of the Year" award.
[/quote][/quote][/quote]
I had no idea it was a PPR song.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2022, 6:27 am

Any song by Megan Thee Stallion. Please no. :x

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2022, 6:46 am

Umm I like la island bonita and other Madonna songs of that era, and midge ure :)

BreathlessJade
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Sep 2022, 12:59 am

I don't know why but I cannot stand "grenade" by Bruno mars.
I don't really like any new music but I haven't given them much of a shot. They all sound the same though...like this Scottish diddy is in like EVERY pop song. Anybody know what I mean. Same with modern worship...

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2022, 2:55 am

Quote:
I don't know why but I cannot stand "grenade" by Bruno mars.

I can't stand that song either.

I also can't stand "Finally" by CeCe Peniston (I think that's who sings it?)

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2022, 9:31 am

Did I not mention this song?

I don't know why but this song really annoys me whenever I hear it. It reminds me of this song, which I don't like much either but at least it's more authentic.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2022, 9:44 am

I hate rap and country. Anything else i can like or at least tolerate.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2022, 10:48 am

Something about the lyrics in this song always makes me feel depressed whenever I hear it, and I mean an uneasy sort of depression.