Totally off Topic, Geese having a bath

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

goatfish57
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In a village in La Mancha whose name I cannot recall

15 Jul 2022, 1:17 pm

I went for my walk this afternoon, down to the waterfront. In the inlet, by the marina, there were dozens of geese bathing and grooming. It looked like a giant grand mal seizure of geese. Flapping their wings, rolling on their backs, dunking their heads,... I could not look away. It was hilarious. Finding joy in this life always lifts my spirit.

Not Diagnosed and Not Sure

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2022, 1:27 pm

That is cool! :D

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2022, 5:44 pm

This is great! I kept ducks and geese for years and I think they made me smile every day. One simply can not watch ducks and be depressed. Great therapy for anybody. I miss my birds now I have to live in town. thanks for reminding me of a great memory. I agree, its great to find things like that which lift us up and bring us smiles.

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson

GadgetGuru
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2022, 5:47 pm

Here are our 4 eight-week-old Muscovy ducks, playing in their new "tub":

They are indeed very nice to just sit and watch.

Darron

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2022, 6:48 pm

Love that! I wish I could have seen them!

Wreck It Ralph

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2022, 6:48 pm

GadgetGuru wrote:

Darron

The pic is not showing. Is that just my computer?

Wreck It Ralph

GadgetGuru
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2022, 6:50 pm

skibum wrote:
GadgetGuru wrote:

Darron

It's a YouTube video. Perhaps this link will work better for you?:

https://youtu.be/nyoIY0zoAew

Darron

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2022, 5:51 am

I encountered a gang of half grown vultures while driving. Nothing worse than teenage vultures. Lol.

In the crowded suburban/urban street I live on there was a dead rabbit on the road, and about eight or teen buzzards were gathered eating it. I noticed that there were black birds, about the size of adult crows, strutting around the patch of street around the carrion in front of my car. But as I stopped (to keep THEM from becoming carrion) I noticed that they were NOT actually crows, but half sized vultures. And they were a mixed crowd of both of the two main species in north america: black headed vultures, and turkey vultures (the ones with the naked heads with bright red skin). Honked my horn...and honked again...and then drove slow...and they all finally flew away from the path of my car.

When you see vultures, you usually see them in the distant sky circling around on a thermal. And you rarely see both of the two species intermingled like that. Never seen half grown ones before, and never seen any of any age that up close and personal before.

Last edited by naturalplastic on 16 Jul 2022, 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2022, 6:05 am

GadgetGuru wrote:
skibum wrote:
GadgetGuru wrote:

Darron

It's a YouTube video. Perhaps this link will work better for you?:

https://youtu.be/nyoIY0zoAew

Darron
Awww, They're so cute!

Wreck It Ralph

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2022, 6:06 am

naturalplastic wrote:
I encountered a gang of half grown vultures while driving. Nothing worse than teenage vultures. Lol.

In the crowded suburban/urban street on live on there was a dead rabbit on the road, and about eight or teen buzzards were gathered eating it. I noticed that there were black birds, about the size of adult crows, strutting around the patch of street around the carrion in front of my car. But as I stopped (to keep THEM from becoming carrion) I noticed that they were NOT actually crows, but half sized vultures. And they were a mixed crowd of both of the two main species in north america: black headed vultures, and turkey vultures (the ones with the naked heads with bright red skin). Honked my horn...and honked again...and then drove slow...and they all finally flew away from the path of my car.

When you see vultures, you usually see them in the distant sky circling around on a thermal. And you rarely see both of the two species intermingled like that. Never seen half grown ones before, and never seen any of any age that up close and personal before.
That's cool. I have never seen young vultures.

Wreck It Ralph

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2022, 9:43 pm

I love to watch geese having fun. Watching them having fun helps me to forget about my problems.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2022, 6:53 am

I live in an area with bears and wolves. I am more frightened of the Geese, who sometimes nest near the road and ignore cars, but might dump my bicycle at speed.

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2022, 10:58 am

Dear_one wrote:
I live in an area with bears and wolves. I am more frightened of the Geese, who sometimes nest near the road and ignore cars, but might dump my bicycle at speed.
They are so big, they can really hurt you.

Wreck It Ralph