is believing in these things just the way aspies see...

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Technic1
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Jul 2022, 5:20 am

is believing in these things just the way aspies see the world or is it schizophrenia?

Other planes of existence (Buddhism/other religions)

The Apocalypse (Revelation. the christian bible)

Telepathy (different religions)

Gods (religion)

I dont mean is my way of thinking is normal view of aspies, I mean that most aspies world views seem strange or different to what is accepted as normal.? :(

Aliens (more stars than sand on all the beaches on earth)

Is it schizophrenia or education/learning?

Last edited by Technic1 on 16 Jul 2022, 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2022, 5:35 am

Your asking a REALLY stupid question. you're lumping together unlike beliefs (some come from formal religion, some not). And you know full that most of folks who "believe in" those things are 100 percent neurotypical, and are non autistic. The Pope is probably neurotypical, and so are most of his billion strong global flock of Roman Catholics. So "believing in god" and in other things like 'the infallibility of the Pope" dont correlate with being autistic.

Ninety eight point five percent of Catholics are neurotypical, same with Muslims. And they all believe in Catholicism, or in Islam (and its god, and in everything else).

If anything -the autistic minority of the world's population who become more than their share of the skeptics.

For most of history most people were religious, or at least pious, and most folks are NT. So obviously the religious beliefs were, and still are, typical of non autistics (ie neurotypicals).

"Believing in aliens" is not a religious belief. Religous folks would be offended if you put that into the same category as their beliefs.

But also its different for other reasons. I dont "believe in aliens" in the sense that I am not convinced that the earth gets visited by grey guys in flying saucers all of the time. The evidence doesnt impress enough so far. But in the vast universe there could be some other planet with intelligent beings with opposible thumbs who might fooling around with fire and stone tech, and may be on the road to space travel. But they are probably too far away for us to ever contact.

Technic1
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Jul 2022, 6:43 am

Hi,

I am not just mixing beliefs, I am trying to NLP religion and figure out my (own) truth/map of the world.

I do not believe that the popes infallible.

I also believe in many gods (polytheism) as 2 billion christian and catholics cant be wrong and all of china not beliving in the prior god cant be all wrong.

Only the fools believe in 'only their religion is right/one god. 5 billion odd religious people cant be wrong.

Expand your mind - many gods.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2022, 7:51 am

We are having a total breakdown of communication here. None of knows what your beliefs, nor even what you are talking about. You should lay out what you specifically are talking about.

I meant that...as a topic of discussion...that you are mixing up unlike things.

NOT that your own belief system mixes up unlike things...because I dont even know what your personal belief system is. Or not until your above post (which does just now give me an idea).

If you are saying that "I personally believe in multiple gods, AND I believe we are being visited by space aliens, and ..." whatever else ...then YES that IS an unusual combination of beliefs. But it has nothing to do with autism. Autistics can often be very skeptical, and very matter of fact, and against all of that sorta woo woo. But not all autistics.

I suspect that you may have actual delusions that ...gods, or angels, or spirits, or space aliens, are interacting in your life personally. That if you lose your car keys that 'aliens must have taken it'. Things like that? I am guessing right?

If that is the case then its not 'autism', but psychosis, that is causing your beliefs.

Technic1
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Jul 2022, 8:01 am

Neuro linguistic programming used to figure out personal religion beliefs..

Think of it as the pick and mix of religion

naturalplastic wrote:
We are having a total breakdown of communication here. None of knows what your beliefs, nor even what you are talking about. You should lay out what you specifically are talking about.

I meant that...as a topic of discussion...that you are mixing up unlike things.

NOT that your own belief system mixes up unlike things...because I dont even know what your personal belief system is. Or not until your above post (which does just now give me an idea).

If you are saying that "I personally believe in multiple gods, AND I believe we are being visited by space aliens, and ..." whatever else ...then YES that IS an unusual combination of beliefs. But it has nothing to do with autism. Autistics can often be very skeptical, and very matter of fact, and against all of that sorta woo woo. But not all autistics.

I suspect that you may have actual delusions that ...gods, or angels, or spirits, or space aliens, are interacting in your life personally. That if you lose your car keys that 'aliens must have taken it'. Things like that? I am guessing right?

If that is the case then its not 'autism', but psychosis, that is causing your beliefs.

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2022, 8:11 am

Your question was,

"is believing in these things just the way aspies see the world or is it schizophrenia?"

The answer to both parts of that question is no. It is how you see the world. It is not how aspies see the world. Are you schizophrenic? I am not a doctor. I do not know. Is it possible that some schizophrenics see the world this way? Perhaps. But if some do, or even if some aspies other than yourself do, it is not because they are aspies or schizophrenics. Well, I can't say that 100% certainty for schizophrenia because I am not as familiar with it. But I can say that if an aspie thinks like this, it is not because s/he is an aspie.

Best wishes finding whatever it is you are looking for. :heart:

Wreck It Ralph

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2022, 10:18 am

I'm more spiritual than I am religious.