Page 5 of 5 [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2022, 12:38 pm

KitLily wrote:
Summer_Twilight wrote:
Kitlily:

I think they are too in regards to narcissism. However, the daughter has an official autism diagnosis as well as other underlying conditions. Though she is my age, she is very immature and very mean.

My other friend, who had the birthday confronted her by asking why she gossips about other people. According to my friend, she knew that we were referring to me. She told him not to be my friend anymore because I accusing her of lying. He told her to stop talking about me and shut up.

I find it hard to tell who is autistic and who is narcissistic sometimes. Like my in laws, who could be either or both.

Sounds like you've got one good friend to stand up for you! :D

I have other friends too and quite a few of them don't like her because they have also found that she's a difficult person to be around. For instance, she has outbursts and by saying hateful things to people.

As for fake friends: One thing to look for is they will often tell you that their other friends, family and partner don't like you or have some sort of problem with you. When it's really them who feels that way. They just don't want you to have connections with them because they either

A. Are afraid that you will be chosen over them
B. They have been making things up about you to their friends, family and partners.

Another thing they will do is act like a friend when you hang out with them one on one but in front of other people, you're ignored.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2022, 1:44 pm

Summer_Twilight wrote:
As for fake friends: One thing to look for is they will often tell you that their other friends, family and partner don't like you or have some sort of problem with you. When it's really them who feels that way. They just don't want you to have connections with them because they either

A. Are afraid that you will be chosen over them
B. They have been making things up about you to their friends, family and partners.

Another thing they will do is act like a friend when you hang out with them one on one but in front of other people, you're ignored.

Ugh. I've had that done to me. It's only recently that it occurred to me that it was happening! Before that I just accepted that they didn't like me for some reason.

The other thing I've found individuals doing is telling me how horrible other people are, so I end up thinking they are actually horrible. But in fact they aren't. Then I realised that those individuals have been telling others how horrible I am, so they don't like me. That's twisted isn't it.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2022, 2:25 pm

Human psychology is really something, isn’t it?

This is why I avoid, for the most part, really “deep” friendships.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2022, 1:54 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Human psychology is really something, isn’t it?

This is why I avoid, for the most part, really “deep” friendships.

I think the problem is that today every human is totally different to every other human, that's what causes the misunderstandings. We have very little in common, especially in modern times because everyone follows their own path. In the past, the majority of people did the same thing: they were born, grew up, got married, had children, died. In between those events, they did a productive job e.g. farming, baking, blacksmithing; fought wars and diseases.

Now days every single person has a different journey through life, they can get exactly what they want at the click of a button and no one has anything in common. Plus of course we are encouraged to compete with everyone else because of capitalism and people generally don't work together for a common cause anymore.

I read an article once which said Neanderthals were pretty consistent and straightforward creatures, so they were totally overwhelmed by the crazy, unpredictable homo sapiens :lol:

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2022, 12:30 pm

Some examples of fake friends
I used to associate with this one woman who I met through an autism center. I thought she was cool at first but she only want to be with me when she didn't have a boyfriend or fiancée. Otherwise she was always, "Too busy" and everything else was way more important. She was very annoying fake and made several false promises to me and didn't care that she let me down. Rather, it was more important for her to be right all the time. So she could be mean.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2022, 1:14 pm

Summer_Twilight wrote:
Some examples of fake friends
I used to associate with this one woman who I met through an autism center. I thought she was cool at first but she only want to be with me when she didn't have a boyfriend or fiancée. Otherwise she was always, "Too busy" and everything else was way more important.

Oh yes, I've had those. Then they'd accuse me of doing that when I had a boyfriend! :roll:

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2022, 1:54 pm

I used to associate with someone who I wasn't compatible with from the start and we were both in that relationship for the many wrong reasons next to it being a toxic relationship. This former "Friend" admitted to me that she faked a friendship with me for selfish reasons. In reality, she can't stand me because she's always been jealous of me and she doesn't want to admit that but her actions spoke louder than words.

When were "Friends" she would constantly let me down and pull other stunts that caused me to eventually feel resentful towards her. It eventually got to the point where I was bothered by everything and I would get mad at her all the time which she blamed me for.

In the end, it's always been all about her and how she's so much more important and superior to everyone else. I honestly feel really sorry for her as she will probably never ever be capable of realizing what a jerk she really is.