Does anyone know how to fix this internet audio problem?

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2022, 12:21 am

This question is probably beneath most of the technology discussions here, but I have been having trouble with the audio on my internet and wondered if anyone can help. When I try to play movies on Netflix or videos on youtube there is no sound, but the video plays fine.

I thought maybe it was a problem with my speakers, but when I play dvd movies, as well as audio or video files from my harddrives, they play through no problem. Everything is playing fine through the speakers, except for anything coming from the internet. But it doesn't matter what specific site from the net, because it's all sites that will not play any sites, and it's the internet in general.

But the speakers play fine if I try to playback anything that is not coming through the internet. Does anyone know what the problem could be in this case?

Thank you very much for any input on this! I really appreciate it!

Radish
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2022, 10:12 am

Have you tried using a different browser in case it is related to audio settings in your current browser?

Fenn
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2022, 10:12 am

If this was me I would look at the audio settings in the control panel of my pc.

If you want help trouble shooting we would need more information.

Did this ever work before or did it never work? If it worked before when did it change?

What are you doing? What are you seeing (hearing)? What are you expecting to hear?

What is the brand and model name of your audio/video source? What is your OS and version? How are you connected to your display device (wifi? Blue tooth? HDMI cable? Other?). What is the type and Brand / model of your tv or monitor (or are you trying to use the laptop builtin screen and speakers). Do you have a sound bar or are you using a stereo for audio out? Are you using screen mirroring or treating the tv like an additional external display?

What browser and version are you using?

What have you googled?

What have you tried?

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2022, 6:37 pm

Radish wrote:
Have you tried using a different browser in case it is related to audio settings in your current browser?

I used a different browser and the sound works fine. It's just all my savings and settings are on the other browser so I would like to use that one if possible ☺️.

Radish
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2022, 3:22 am

So, what is the browser that isn't working? I'm guessing there are audio settings in there somewhere that are not correct.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2022, 9:31 am

Chrome is the one where the sound isn't working but I haven't been able to find any audio settings in it, even with Google instructions. I'll keep looking.
Thanks for the input!

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2022, 6:25 am

Check the volume mixer first as Fenn suggested.

https://www.howtogeek.com/244963/how-to ... n-windows/

Make sure Chrome hasn't been selectively muted.