NT women looking for NT woman friend

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Yellowbetty
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Jul 2022, 1:16 am

New to this forum so sorry if this isn’t the right place.

My husband is undiagnosed ASP but we both see it. ASP combined with just the treadmill of life, I often feel quite alone. He is amazing in so many ways - loyal, dedicated, giving. And my ‘connection’ bucket isn’t filled as much as I assumed it would be based on what I now realize was masking in the early part of marriage. And I don’t want him to not be who he really is.

Would love to meet a NT female with an ASP husband - learn tips, get support and maybe fill some of the connection ‘bucket’ I can’t quite get from my husband.

I’m in California and with young kids but open to meet anyone in a similar set up or not.

Thanks

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2022, 6:20 am

Hi, welcome to Wrong Planet.
What is ASP?

Yellowbetty
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Jul 2022, 7:52 am

Clearly I’m new to this world… ASD. Will update post

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2022, 11:04 am

Hi Yellowbetty!

Here is a list of support groups for neurodiverse couples and spouses/partners of autistic people, on the website of the Asperger/Autism Network, a group based in the northeast, but probably including people from all over the U.S.A. and beyond, because the meetings are online.

When looking for other similar support groups online, please be sure to look for groups that encourage a positive, constructive approach to making neurodiverse relationships work. Unfortunately there are also some out-and-out anti-autistic/anti-Aspergers hate groups out there that are all about encouraging NT's to break up with their autistic/Aspie partners.

Yellowbetty
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Jul 2022, 11:48 am

Thanks so much!

And totally agreed. My husband is amazing and part of his ASD characteristics are the things I love about him - loyal, persistent, constantly learning new things. I realized in the last year I keep asking him for something he can’t give - makes him feel bad and I’m incomplete. Hoping I can get that part of my bucket filled from friends in a similar lifestyle.

Thanks so much!

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2022, 4:14 pm

Yellowbetty wrote:
Clearly I’m new to this world… ASD. Will update post

Ah, ok.
I thought it was ASD but there is also ASPD and I just wanted to clarify which you were referring to.

There's a women's forum here which you could try.

Good luck.