Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2022, 2:01 pm

My pdoc phoned my (s)daughter this morning to find out how I was doing. She said that apart from some persistent paranoia, about my neighbour(s) I’m doing quite well. The pdoc said said that that will always be there to some degree. She also updated him about the falls I’d had.

My (s) daughter said that I’d go with the flow re oral meds vs depot , though my preference is to stay on the depot… She said that given the ongoing problems with the delivery of meds, and the fact I’m doing OK on the depot, she would prefer for the boat to not potentially be rocked by switching to oral meds. He said it was well within my rights to stay on the depot.

When I moved here I gave her official permission to be informed about anything to do with me of an official nature. I saw it as being the sensible thing to do.She’s registered as my official carer with social services. That means she can get help if supporting me ever gets too hard due to my experiencing a mental or physical deterioration.

Last edited by firemonkey on 18 Jul 2022, 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2022, 2:03 pm

What does "staying on the depot" mean. Never heard it put quite that way.

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2022, 2:32 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
What does "staying on the depot" mean. Never heard it put quite that way.

depot= injection. Some have oral psych meds. Other like me have an an injection instead ,every 2 weeks,monthly or 3 monthly. My depot is given every 3 months.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2022, 2:38 pm

My mother gets an infusion every 8 weeks for her Crohn's Colitis, rather than an injection or pills.

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2022, 2:48 pm

Does that make a big difference re her symptoms?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2022, 2:51 pm

I don't know, actually. Injections and pills weren't tried.

But it is stated that infusions are best for what she is taking.