Page 6 of 8 [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

sandbox1234
Butterfly
Butterfly

Joined: 18 May 2022
Age: 37
Gender: Female
Posts: 11
Location: au

22 Jul 2022, 7:15 am

I have researched this subject to death and here is my conclusion: Genetics 100%.

Everyone has genetic mutations they pass on. These genes can either be expressed or not. If they are expressed the person will have Autism or Aspergers depending on how much they are expressed...if they are not the person may only be a carrier. The SAME gene mutations that cause Aspergers and autism also cause a variety of other disorders like narcissism for an example.

Look at my case. My daughter has Aspergers. I had her before 30. She is a girl, I did not smoke or have any infections during pregnancy and yes, I delayed vaccinations. I believe they are her dads genes.

Her first cousin from dads side is autistic, non verbal.



kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 85,160
Location: Queens, NYC

22 Jul 2022, 8:01 am

As a child, I knew a boy who was severely autistic because he was anoxic (brain lacked oxygen) for a few minutes after birth.

He was nonverbal, he didn't make any social overtures, he basically did all the stereotypical "autistic" actions like spinning objects and crying when his routine was messed with.



Last edited by kraftiekortie on 22 Jul 2022, 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Twilightprincess
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 28 Sep 2016
Age: 38
Gender: Female
Posts: 8,864
Location: Small Town From Hell

22 Jul 2022, 8:04 am

Yeah, it’s probably going a bit too far to say that autism is caused by genetics 100% of the time. The research doesn’t point to that.

It’s a leading factor but there are other variables, too.


_________________
Away.


Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2008
Age: 65
Gender: Male
Posts: 56,888
Location: Stendec

22 Jul 2022, 9:34 am

Twilightprincess wrote:
Yeah, it’s probably going a bit too far to say that autism is caused by genetics 100% of the time. The research doesn’t point to that.  It’s a leading factor but there are other variables, too.
Living environment, social environment, and childhood abuse/trauma may also induce ASDs or ASD-like symptoms.

:shrug: Maybe not?  More research is needed.



Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 23 Feb 2010
Gender: Female
Posts: 24,233
Location: UK

22 Jul 2022, 10:24 am

It's 100% genetics for me because I had none of the other factors listed here happen to me.

Also most autistic parents here seem to have one or more children on the spectrum.

But I believe sometimes autism can just be a birth defect, like if a baby is physically deformed. Please don't take that the wrong way. I just mean that in some cases nothing really caused an individual to have autism, it was just...one of those things.


_________________
Female
Aged 32

Diagnosed with ADHD
Have Anxiety Disorder
Diagnosed with mild ASD but I don't identify as autistic


KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 7 Jan 2021
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,591
Location: England

23 Jul 2022, 2:53 am

It was interesting when I had my DNA tested, I found a branch of my family in America on my dad's side of the family. The cousin I got in touch with said all his family were 'loners' and he certainly is. In our communications he seems quite autistic and I suspect that it was that side of the family I probably got my autism from.

I don't know if my dad was autistic because he died 40 years ago but he could have been. He didn't get married til he was 42 and I suspect that was just because my mum was pregnant with me. Also she was 31. I have always suspected her of having narcissistic traits, the description of a narcissist fits her very well. I've always been afraid of her.


_________________
I am here for interesting, meaningful discussions and thoughtful, rewarding conversations. I very quickly lose interest in long, drawn-out arguments.
***
I'm sorry if I get you mixed up with other people, I'm not good at telling people apart. Just remind me of our last conversation then I'll know who you are.


Noamx
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

User avatar

Joined: 18 May 2022
Age: 32
Gender: Male
Posts: 168
Location: Israel

23 Jul 2022, 5:47 am

Forgive me if I dont respond specifically to every reply / statement of everyone here, I unfortunately dont have enough time / patience to go through all the replies and reply specifically, but I have read most replies since my last reply on here. I'd like to make a few things clear, and share a little more from what I have learned through my intense research around the Internet about Astrology and Asperger Syndrome.

Well, first of all, its no secret and is even written in my profile, but I'd like to state it again - I have Asperger Syndrome. So being a person myself who have the syndrome, have allowed me to dive alot deeper into the syndrome than someone who doesn't have it. To be honest with you, the relationship between Astrology and Asperger Syndrome is one which is difficult to describe, but since many of you have also asked for proof / evidence, I decided I'll share that as well this time. However, I wont share links because I dont want to go too far. I can just tell you what to google. But I can tell you why I've reached the conclusions I've reached, and what I've learned and why I'm 100% sure its true / accurate. First of all, the misunderstanding in this thread unfortunately is, you thought I meant Astrology directly causes or influences the chance of having Asperger Syndrome. That is not what I meant! Basically, what you said about this in some of your replies is true. Certain less social astrology signs dont cause it, they can simply make it better or worse. The other thing you need to understand is, the whole syndrome and the wide range of possible risk factors or issues which can increase the chance of having the syndrome, are much more than just an astrology sign, which leads to the false belief that astrology has zero effect on the severity of the symptoms of the syndrome. This is not true. Your astrology sign has nothing to do with whether you'll have the syndrome or not, its simply what can influence the severity of specific Asperger syndrome symptoms.

Let me give a few examples to give you a better idea. I repeat, like I said last time, people who dont believe in Astrology - are much less likely to be convinced about what I am about to say, so if you are that type of person reading this, its quite predictable you would be disagreeing with some of my statements.

A person who have asperger syndrome is a gemini astrology sign. Some of the symptoms of asperger syndrome include bad social skills, like being unable to know when to speak, how to speak in a proper tone, how to know when to approach someone in a social situation, and so on. Since Gemini is an astrology sign with a TENDENCY to be more social, the symptoms I just described would be less severe. Because it would be less severe, it would also be less noticeable, and because it would be less noticeable - the person might never be diagnosed with the syndrome, or diagnosed at a very late age, or be misdiagnosed with something else. The person would also be able to learn to deal with his bad social skills more easily, and more quickly, thanks to him/her being the more social Gemini astrology sign. If you are someone who dont care / believe in astrology this might sound stupid to you, but it isnt.

I'd like to give the opposite example, in a strong contrast to the more social Gemini astrology sign.

A person who have asperger syndrome is a Virgo astrology sign. Some of the symptoms of asperger syndrome include bad social skills, like being unable to know when to speak, how to speak in a proper tone, how to know when to approach someone in a social situation, and so on. Since Virgo is an astrology sign with a more analytical, less socially reliant sign with a tendency to generally perform / resolve matters without being involved in a social situation, they are less likely to get over their negative social symptoms caused by Asperger syndrome. As a result, they would struggle more compared to a more socially driven astrology sign. This struggle means it would be easier to diagnose the Virgo person, easier to notice differences in social behavior and so on. This can also lead to getting over certain symptoms much slowly.

I respect all human beings, including ones who refuse to believe in Astrology. With that being said, a simple google search of the Gemini astrology sign, or Virgo astrology sign, like I described, can easily give you more information about these 2 astrology signs and their traits/characteristics. Since this depends on precisely what date a person was born(like for example, a Virgo born on 22 August might have Leo influences), the severity of symptoms of asperger syndrome might differ despite being a less social sign, for example. This is called a cusp in Astrology, which is also something you can easily google to find out more about.

Before you jump and accuse me of being an idiot again, or some weird guy who believes in Astrology without proving whats true and whats isnt, let me tell you I've done my intense research across multiple websites and they have all made similar, or identical, statements regarding what I just shared with you in this reply.

I havent counted every site, but I'd safely assume I've read through about 20+ sites about the same subjects. I wouldnt say its impossible, but is extremely unlikely they are all wrong. That many sites cant be run by people that stupid, yet still confirm the same conclusions I have reached through my intense research.


_________________
Hobbies include Video Games, Music, Sports, Swimming, Watch TV, Sex/Getting laid, Alcohol, Writing, Reading, and more.


KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 7 Jan 2021
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,591
Location: England

23 Jul 2022, 5:59 am

It's funny, all the Geminis I've ever met are more like ADHD. They are all very changeable, unreliable, highly sociable, often very self-centred. I know so many Geminis like that it has become a sign I avoid like the plague. I'm not sure what happens to babies born under Gemini but they are all the same, especially the June ones.


_________________
I am here for interesting, meaningful discussions and thoughtful, rewarding conversations. I very quickly lose interest in long, drawn-out arguments.
***
I'm sorry if I get you mixed up with other people, I'm not good at telling people apart. Just remind me of our last conversation then I'll know who you are.


naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 26 Aug 2010
Age: 67
Gender: Male
Posts: 29,897
Location: temperate zone

23 Jul 2022, 6:39 am

KitLily wrote:
It's funny, all the Geminis I've ever met are more like ADHD. They are all very changeable, unreliable, highly sociable, often very self-centred. I know so many Geminis like that it has become a sign I avoid like the plague. I'm not sure what happens to babies born under Gemini but they are all the same, especially the June ones.


I am a Geminii. Born in June. But am not particularly 'socioable'. In fact am the stereotype introverted aspie, and was the textbook 'little professor'.Definitely not an adhd type.



auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 110,414
Location: the island of defective toy santas

23 Jul 2022, 6:41 am

i'm sag and only have one planet [pluto] in virgo [11th house of friends].



Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 29 Oct 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 9,927
Location: ᜆᜄᜎᜓᜄ᜔

23 Jul 2022, 7:39 am

KitLily wrote:
It's funny, all the Geminis I've ever met are more like ADHD. They are all very changeable, unreliable, highly sociable, often very self-centred. I know so many Geminis like that it has become a sign I avoid like the plague. I'm not sure what happens to babies born under Gemini but they are all the same, especially the June ones.

Unfortunately I have the same troublesome traits, usually it's worse whenever I'm being an irrational hormonal wreck and I don't like it.

Coincidentally (or not), I hate ADHD like traits that happens to me.
Yes, I said happen because I don't actually have ADHD -- more like I'm sick somewhere since puberty, it's untreated and somewhat getting worse as I age.

The only 'perk' I have so far is to not have social anxiety.
Any socially driven and emotionally longing aspie would want that, and I'm not one of them.

Yet the lack of social anxiety or introversion doesn't made me less asocial (indifferent, not avoidant) or more socially, emotionally and verbally fluent.


I'd rather be like a Virgo. I'd rather be consistent, analytical, and someone who thinks with their head first ... And my sister isn't that relatable to me or seem relatable to aspies at all -- nor is an introvert/awkward/aspie-like how Virgo is described.

If only it's possible to actually switch birth date without the year with my own NT sister -- she'd enjoy what I have but ahh... :lol:

Or a textbook aspie, regardless of zodiac sign, really. Yet I'm not that type of autistic... :?


_________________
Gained Number Post Count (1).
Lose Time (n).


Twilightprincess
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 28 Sep 2016
Age: 38
Gender: Female
Posts: 8,864
Location: Small Town From Hell

23 Jul 2022, 9:07 am

Noamx wrote:
To be honest with you, the relationship between Astrology and Asperger Syndrome is one which is difficult to describe, but since many of you have also asked for proof / evidence, I decided I'll share that as well this time. However, I wont share links because I dont want to go too far. I can just tell you what to google. But I can tell you why I've reached the conclusions I've reached, and what I've learned and why I'm 100% sure its true / accurate.
is extremely unlikely they are all wrong.


You say that you’ll share “proof / evidence” and then proceed not to do so. Why won’t you share your evidence? Most will likely conclude that it’s because your research isn’t good. Maybe you fear that it would be, understandably, picked apart by scientifically minded people. Once again, if you make a purportedly scientific claim, you need to back it up with evidence if you want to be taken seriously. As it stands, logical people have no choice but to discard your claims.

Edits: I haven’t had my coffee yet.


_________________
Away.


Last edited by Twilightprincess on 23 Jul 2022, 9:58 am, edited 3 times in total.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 7 Jan 2021
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,591
Location: England

23 Jul 2022, 9:09 am

naturalplastic wrote:
KitLily wrote:
It's funny, all the Geminis I've ever met are more like ADHD. They are all very changeable, unreliable, highly sociable, often very self-centred. I know so many Geminis like that it has become a sign I avoid like the plague. I'm not sure what happens to babies born under Gemini but they are all the same, especially the June ones.


I am a Geminii. Born in June. But am not particularly 'socioable'. In fact am the stereotype introverted aspie, and was the textbook 'little professor'.Definitely not an adhd type.


OMG! A Gemini I might get on with! It's a miracle! :lol:


_________________
I am here for interesting, meaningful discussions and thoughtful, rewarding conversations. I very quickly lose interest in long, drawn-out arguments.
***
I'm sorry if I get you mixed up with other people, I'm not good at telling people apart. Just remind me of our last conversation then I'll know who you are.


Twilightprincess
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 28 Sep 2016
Age: 38
Gender: Female
Posts: 8,864
Location: Small Town From Hell

23 Jul 2022, 9:12 am

Quote:
Before you jump and accuse me of being an idiot again, or some weird guy who believes in Astrology without proving whats true and whats isnt, let me tell you I've done my intense research across multiple websites and they have all made similar, or identical, statements regarding what I just shared with you in this reply.

I havent counted every site, but I'd safely assume I've read through about 20+ sites about the same subjects. I wouldnt say its impossible, but is extremely unlikely they are all wrong. That many sites cant be run by people that stupid, yet still confirm the same conclusions I have reached through my intense research.


I could easily find 20+ sites claiming that the pyramids were built by aliens. They’d even provide dodgy “evidence” to support their claim.

It doesn’t make it true. In fact, they are, assuredly, ALL wrong.


_________________
Away.


Last edited by Twilightprincess on 23 Jul 2022, 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Twilightprincess
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 28 Sep 2016
Age: 38
Gender: Female
Posts: 8,864
Location: Small Town From Hell

23 Jul 2022, 9:13 am

:nerdy:

KitLily wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
KitLily wrote:
It's funny, all the Geminis I've ever met are more like ADHD. They are all very changeable, unreliable, highly sociable, often very self-centred. I know so many Geminis like that it has become a sign I avoid like the plague. I'm not sure what happens to babies born under Gemini but they are all the same, especially the June ones.


I am a Geminii. Born in June. But am not particularly 'socioable'. In fact am the stereotype introverted aspie, and was the textbook 'little professor'.Definitely not an adhd type.


OMG! A Gemini I might get on with! It's a miracle! :lol:



I’m a Gemini, too, not that it actually means anything.


_________________
Away.


Last edited by Twilightprincess on 23 Jul 2022, 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 7 Jan 2021
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,591
Location: England

23 Jul 2022, 9:14 am

Edna3362 wrote:
If only it's possible to actually switch birth date without the year with my own NT sister -- she'd enjoy what I have but ahh... :lol:


I don't actually think star sign has any bearing on autism whatsoever, tbh. I'm a Scorpio for example. My daughter is an Aquarius. Another I know is Cancer, another is Libra.


_________________
I am here for interesting, meaningful discussions and thoughtful, rewarding conversations. I very quickly lose interest in long, drawn-out arguments.
***
I'm sorry if I get you mixed up with other people, I'm not good at telling people apart. Just remind me of our last conversation then I'll know who you are.