Kind of hard to explain, but I feel so inconsistent

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

ShinakoAgogo
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 Jul 2022, 12:42 pm

I love my job, but I'm going through a phase I often experience where I just don't want to talk to anyone or follow a routine. I've always struggled with this. I'll work very well, and I love my job, but I get this feeling like I just am not interested in engaging people or following a schedule any more. My job is full time, but we get a lot of opportunities to take time off work when we're not as busy. I really want to be a consistent worker, but I don't know how to make my brain ...feel different? It's also hard, because in my family they often do things spontaneously a lot easier than I can, so as I adapt daily to my family's changes, I just feel lost all the time. I've tried to create a routine, and I've tried to talk to my family to have some help, but it just keeps repeating itself.

Sorry if I describe things poorly. If there's anything I can work better on, please ask and I'll be happy to try to describe with more consideration to your questions/needs. Thank you for reading.

SpaceMartian
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

21 Jul 2022, 4:43 pm

It seems to my (hypothetically almost blind) eyes that you may be flirting with the burn out boundry. You may want to do as much as you can, as good as you can, till your energy is gone and fall into a dip. After a while you recover and get eager to "make up" for the lost time, burn all your energy and down again. If that's the case, that's very very dangerous as it will only get worse.
I think a good starting point would be to try to do, say, half or 3/4 of all the work that you can do in a day, so you aren't exhausted and see if it is easier to mantain some stability. Of course it will take practice and some trial and error, it is what it is.
I can't really think of any other reasons that may be causing your problem, knowing yourself and yor limits is key (he said, whilst being clueless about himself :help: ), so you can controll how much you do, and avoid burning out. I myself suffered from this while doing something I loved. That and many other factors destroyed me and sunked me in a depressin, not fun. Whatever it is, maybe finding some professional help (someone with a good reputation or specialized in autistics) may do you a world of good (it did for me).

Good luck!