Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Agent_Elflord
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

20 Jul 2022, 1:30 am

Hi all, I'm writing to introduce myself again. A handful of you may know me as "JoeyFlash" or "WolfClaw99" but I haven't been able to get back into those accounts because I think I deleted one and can't get the right password for the other, so now I'm starting fresh (and made sure to physically write it down this time so I won't forget.)

I'm a 23 yo Californian guy, and some of my interests are Pew Pews, Military Surplus, History and I collect things such as Historical Biographies, LIFE Magazines (Currently have issues from 1949, 1954, and 1968 I think that features a special article on the war in Vietnam), art and wall decor, and I love the Mid-century Modern/Atomic/Retro-Futuristic design styles for Art, Decor, Furniture, Architecture, etc. I went to school for 2D drafting and 3D Modeling, and I like being able to take these styles into account when I design things to be produced. In terms of Music, I'm mostly a big fan of Country (Mostly from it's beginnings in the late 1920s through to about the 80s, but there are some definite bangers in the years after that.), Rockabilly, Doo Wop, Motown, Big Band/Swing, and some Hard Rock but not as often these days, but I occasionally go back and rediscover my interest in GnR, Motley Crue, etc.

I also live on 30 acres in the mountains and although I'm a cis guy, I am a proud animal Mom to two Cats, two Goats, a Lamb, and a Horse. (I didn't choose it that way, but I guess my cats and Lamb saw me, a 6'2" guy and instantly thought "Hey, you're my Mom now." and I haven't been able to argue my way out of it yet! :wink:

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2022, 9:03 am

Welcome back! (Again.)

And just do whatever the cats want. Life will be better for everyone.

Agent_Elflord

20 Jul 2022, 11:02 am

Double Retired wrote:
Welcome back! (Again.)

And just do whatever the cats want. Life will be better for everyone.

*Re-enact the scene from Silence of the Lambs/Joe Dirt*

It accepts the role of Mom, or else it gets the loud echoey screams at 4 am again!

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2022, 1:09 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet. I read your intro and went a little bit off course with one of the words you used.

You indicated your interest was with Pew Pews. At first I thought you were talking about Paw Paws. Paw Paws are a very unusual fruit tree that grows on my property. But then I did a search on the internet and there is a word called Pew Pews or Pew Pew Pews which appears to be a type of gun. Most people would not know a Paw Paw fruit if they ever saw it. It is a very strange fruit tree. My wife thought is was some type of dinosaur bone when she first came across one. I wonder what Pew Pews are?

Agent_Elflord

22 Jul 2022, 3:06 am

jimmy m wrote:
Welcome to Wrong Planet. I read your intro and went a little bit off course with one of the words you used.

You indicated your interest was with Pew Pews. At first I thought you were talking about Paw Paws. Paw Paws are a very unusual fruit tree that grows on my property. But then I did a search on the internet and there is a word called Pew Pews or Pew Pew Pews which appears to be a type of gun. Most people would not know a Paw Paw fruit if they ever saw it. It is a very strange fruit tree. My wife thought is was some type of dinosaur bone when she first came across one. I wonder what Pew Pews are?

Guns would be the correct assumption, I've never heard of Paw Paws. What do they taste like? I've got Manzanita bushes at my place, but I'm at too low of an elevation for them to provide much fruit. I did have the opportunity to eat some at camp a few years back, and I enjoy them, so I was sad that they don't grow well here. Oh well, at least the bark is beautiful.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2022, 11:15 am

Off Topic
Whew! Whew! I was concerned you might be talking about "eproctophilia"!

Agent_Elflord

22 Jul 2022, 12:06 pm

Double Retired wrote:
Off Topic
Whew! Whew! I was concerned you might be talking about "eproctophilia"!

oh god no! :lol:

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2022, 6:57 am

Paw paws are a fruit.

They taste like a mango-banana-citrus. But because they have not been improved by mankind during the past few thousand years, they are very original fruit. This means that they are around 65 percent seeds and very little actual fruit. They are very distinct because this tropical fruit grow so far north in the U.S. I live in Indiana and I have a few dozen of these trees growing on my land.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2022, 7:15 pm

Welcome to WP! :mrgreen: