Australian soap Neighbours is ending forever

Page 6 of 8 [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2022, 3:28 am

KitLily wrote:
Let's start a new thread about all this historical stuff as it's spoiling the Neighbours theme :)

yeah sorry

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2022, 5:32 am

cyberdad wrote:
KitLily wrote:
Let's start a new thread about all this historical stuff as it's spoiling the Neighbours theme :)

yeah sorry

Oh no, I'm equally to blame! We just got into a series of lectures didn't we. 'Lectures on British History by KitLily and cyberdad' :lol: :lol:

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2022, 6:59 am

Amazon Resurrects Neighbours

It's coming back. Not only will Amazon Video have old episodes, they're going to start making new ones from next year.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2022, 7:49 am

I literally just saw this and was coming here to comment, DuckHairback!

It has made my day! My week! I've missed the half hour of silliness each day where I can tune out the world and focus on characters losing their memories and finding long lost twins! :lol: :lol:

:heart: :heart: :heart:

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2022, 8:36 am

It's plunged my partner into a moral dilemma. She hates Amazon with a passion but loves Neighbours so now has to make her peace with it.

I'm more excited about watching old episodes. We've been moaning about technology in other threads but if it essentially allows me to live perpetually in the 1990s then bring it on :D

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2022, 9:37 am

DuckHairback wrote:
It's plunged my partner into a moral dilemma. She hates Amazon with a passion but loves Neighbours so now has to make her peace with it.

I'm more excited about watching old episodes. We've been moaning about technology in other threads but if it essentially allows me to live perpetually in the 1990s then bring it on :D

Yes I'm not fond of Amazon but the world is so frightening now I like my half hour of escapism.

I agree- the late 20th century/early 21st century was a much nicer time to live in.

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2023, 4:08 am

Don't see much of KitLily these days but I noticed the legacy episodes of Neighbours are up on FreeVee.

Or at least some of them. From what I see, all of 2012's episodes are there, plus 500 or so curated classics dating right back to the 80s.

I hope that's not it. The whole enjoyment of a soap is that you tune in regularly and watch the storylines develop over time. Dipping in and out doesn't really work for me, just a short-lived nostalgia trip.

That said, some of the SD quality of the oldest ones is hard to watch on a modern TV. Perhaps that's why they started with 2012 - was that when it went HD?

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2023, 10:22 am

DuckHairback wrote:
Don't see much of KitLily these days but I noticed the legacy episodes of Neighbours are up on FreeVee.

Or at least some of them. From what I see, all of 2012's episodes are there, plus 500 or so curated classics dating right back to the 80s.

I hope that's not it. The whole enjoyment of a soap is that you tune in regularly and watch the storylines develop over time. Dipping in and out doesn't really work for me, just a short-lived nostalgia trip.

That said, some of the SD quality of the oldest ones is hard to watch on a modern TV. Perhaps that's why they started with 2012 - was that when it went HD?

Hi DuckHairBack

I find it pretty hard to see when there are new comments on a thread, that thing 'view your posts' is confusing :(

There have been a few announcements about the returning cast for Neighbours, very exciting!

I think 2012 could well be when it went HD? Can't remember.

Where_am_I
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2023, 6:17 pm

I used to be obsessed with Neighbours. I wanted to go on the tour and meet the cast. It's such an uplifting soap.

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2023, 9:10 am

KitLily wrote:
DuckHairback wrote:

Hi DuckHairBack

I find it pretty hard to see when there are new comments on a thread, that thing 'view your posts' is confusing :(

There have been a few announcements about the returning cast for Neighbours, very exciting!

I think 2012 could well be when it went HD? Can't remember.

Hi - it's okay, this is a pretty niche thread (Hi, Where_am_I btw - nice to have another Neighbours fan, look back at the early pages for a photo of me when I visted Pin Oak Drive, Melbourne (Ramsay Street)). I don't expect anyone to monitor it!

Who are these cast announcements? I'm intrigued.

I watched a classic Philip Martin/Billy & Anne era episode last night at random. It's so funny how people that you thought were very grown up when you watched it originally now look like children.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2023, 10:59 am

Where_am_I wrote:
I used to be obsessed with Neighbours. I wanted to go on the tour and meet the cast. It's such an uplifting soap.

It is! I love to see their nonsense and the sunny weather, it's so unlike dull Britain. I like the relationship storylines best but the odd one where there is a stalker or an explosion can be funny. And all the long lost relatives turning up.

Last edited by KitLily on 16 Mar 2023, 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2023, 11:02 am

DuckHairback wrote:
Hi - it's okay, this is a pretty niche thread (Hi, Where_am_I btw - nice to have another Neighbours fan, look back at the early pages for a photo of me when I visted Pin Oak Drive, Melbourne (Ramsay Street)). I don't expect anyone to monitor it!

Who are these cast announcements? I'm intrigued.

I watched a classic Philip Martin/Billy & Anne era episode last night at random. It's so funny how people that you thought were very grown up when you watched it originally now look like children.

Right, so apparently we've got Leo, Terese, Jane, Mackenzie as permanent returnees. And Harold, Chloe and Lucy making guest appearances. Apparently Elly is in talks to return, although if she is in love with Chloe, I'm not sure how that'll work if Chloe isn't there permanently. (as well as Susan, Karl, Paul, Toadie but you probably knew those)

No news on what they are going to do with Mike! lol.

Most of those are my favourites and I adore Leo so I'm very glad he's back! :heart:

Where_am_I
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2023, 11:43 am

I used to love the storylines about these guys...they always lightened things up!

@DuckHairback: thank you for sharing the photo - I'm jealous and fascinated because I don't know of many die hard neighbours fans!

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2023, 12:42 pm

The one in the flowery shirt, is he called Stuart? Obvs. I know Toadie.

Where_am_I
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2023, 2:34 pm

Yeah, Stuart Parker!

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2023, 9:15 am

Ah, Constable Stu - he was always one of my favourites.

Honestly, my partner is the bigger fan but Neighbours has just always been there for me, a constant companion. I associate it with the relief of getting home from school and decompressing with some sunny nonsense from a better place.

I haven't seriously watched in a few years so a lot of the cast when it ended meant little to me, but I dip in occasionally.

I do wonder how Guy Pearce feels about that major cameo now that it's being resurrected.

Also, do we know if Amazon is planning to do daily episodes when it returns?, It'd be weird if it was only one or two episodes a week.