Page 4 of 6 [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2022, 12:56 am

Aspie1 wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
How did she sponsor them? Did they all get free t-shirts?
No, not that. She paid their legal bills, to make sure they're not prosecuted for vandalism and arson. She's a rotten liberal.

(Trashing public political figures is protected by the First Amendment of the U.S. Constitution, so it shouldn't be against TOS.)

If I recall correctly, there was a charity set up for legal bills and bail. It was designed for two purposes: first, the volumes of people arrested basically because they were guilty of being black in the wrong place at the wrong time. It is not illegal to participate in a protest, yet they were arresting people for participating in a protest without proof of them doing anything more. Second purpose was to make sure those arrested and charged were fairly represented in the process, not forced into pleas because of poverty. If you aren't aware, the track record of "justice" in this country isn't exactly even across the racial and economic spectrums. I don't have a problem with either goal, as neither stopped the guilty from actually being held accountable for their crimes. Your statement that the money kept anyone from being prosecuted for their crimes simply is not true.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2022, 2:00 am

Misslizard wrote:
A bunch of idiots piled in pool at Lake of the Ozarks. It was gross looking ,even if there wasn’t a pandemic going on.They were packed in thick boozing it up in a pool,you know they weren’t all getting out of the pool to pee.It’s a party area ,so not as conservative in some ways.I’m sure there was enough meth for all.
I don’t live in that area of the Ozarks.
More towards liberal Eureka Springs, it has has a nice Pride parade yearly and locally decriminalized weed.One former mayor was a Warlock.Lovely historic Victorian town with good old fashioned Liberal values.
We even had a BLM protest at our local courthouse ,but no looting.One gun nut arrived with his tactical gear to guard the Christian bookstore, like anyone would loot that.
Some of the local attractions.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnew ... ncna998541

Huzzahs for liberal Arkansas! It doesn't get the credit for enlightenment and progress it deserves.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

28 Jul 2022, 6:46 am

Aspie1 wrote:
Forget the Pizzagate! She sponsored the Antifa looters that caused $2 billion dollars worth of damages all over America! :evil:
Give it a rest, Ok? These baseless accusations have gone past ridiculous and into tiresome parody.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2022, 7:46 am

I doubt that he believes most of what he says....

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2022, 7:48 am

People can and do believe all sorts of things.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2022, 7:52 am

I am aware of that, of course :)

But how can anybody, in their right mind, believe anything which QAnon professes? J.R.R. Tolkien would roll in his grave .....

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2022, 7:57 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
But how can anybody, in their right mind, believe anything which QAnon professes?

Most people who are in QAnon believe it.

Lots of people have bizarre beliefs, even those who are, apparently, “in their right mind” in other ways.

Last edited by TwilightPrincess on 28 Jul 2022, 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2022, 8:39 am

Bizarre beliefs are in the eye of the beholder.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2022, 8:43 am

Matrix Glitch wrote:

In general, I would agree with you. I think there are limits, though.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2022, 12:23 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Biden tested negative, and will now leave isolation.

Good! Phew.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2022, 1:02 pm

Cornflake wrote:
Aspie1 wrote:
Forget the Pizzagate! She sponsored the Antifa looters that caused $2 billion dollars worth of damages all over America! :evil:
Give it a rest, Ok? These baseless accusations have gone past ridiculous and into tiresome parody.

Most events were peaceful.
https://acleddata.com/2020/09/03/demons ... mmer-2020/

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2022, 3:50 pm

Matrix Glitch wrote:

Sometimes. Other times, such as when a person believes the planet is actually flat, or that it was Antifa that had invaded the Capitol, it's an indictment of that persons anchoring to reality.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2022, 3:59 pm

We can't discount that there can be strong incentive to carry or at least state certain beliefs since doing so can allow a person to be part of a community. The community is part of the draw. How much each member deeply believes is hard to guess; I'm sure it varies. Not that much different from religion, really, with all the pros and cons that suggests.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2022, 4:04 pm

Biden experiences a Covid rebound after treatment with one course of Paxlovid

Quote:
President Biden tested positive again for Covid-19 late Saturday morning, the White House physician said, and he is not experiencing any symptoms at this time.

“The President has not experienced any reemergence of symptoms and is feeling quite well,” White House physician Kevin O’Connor wrote in a memo released Saturday. “This being the case, there is no reason to reinitiate treatment at this time, but we will obviously continue close observation.”

Biden’s returning symptoms are an example of a rebound Covid-19 case, a phenomenon that has happened in some cases after people take Paxlovid.

Biden is isolating in the White House and has canceled his immediate travel plans. He had planned to meet up Sunday with the first lady in Delaware as well as take a trip early next week to promote passage of the chip funding bill. “He will not go to Delaware or to Michigan and he is isolating in the White House residence,” a White House official said.

The official said the White House was “in the process of contact tracing and once we have determined the number, we will release it.”

Biden tweeted about his condition on Saturday. “Folks, today I tested positive for COVID again. This happens with a small minority of folks. I’ve got no symptoms but I am going to isolate for the safety of everyone around me. I’m still at work, and will be back on the road soon,” he tweeted.

Biden emerged from his initial isolation last Wednesday, after completing a five-day course of Paxlovid, an antiviral therapy from Pfizer, and testing negative for COVID-19 on Tuesday evening and again Wednesday morning.

The president was not masked at public events he attended at the end of the week, which is in conflict with CDC guidance that says people should wear a mask for 10 days after a Covid infection.

White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre said during a briefing that the president was still in compliance with CDC guidelines because he was more than six feet apart from other people.

In late May, the CDC issued a health advisory about the recurrence of symptoms and noted that there have been no cases of severe disease as part of this rebound. The agency also said that there is currently no evidence that a second round of Paxlovid is necessary for these symptoms to resolve.

However, that hasn’t stopped some physicians from prescribing patients a second round of Paxlovid out of an abundance of caution. Anthony Fauci, the White House chief medical adviser, received two courses of the antiviral after experiencing a similar rebound of symptoms.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2022, 7:04 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Biden experiences a Covid rebound after treatment with one course of Paxlovid
Quote:
President Biden tested positive again for Covid-19 late Saturday morning, the White House physician said, and he is not experiencing any symptoms at this time.

“The President has not experienced any reemergence of symptoms and is feeling quite well,” White House physician Kevin O’Connor wrote in a memo released Saturday. “This being the case, there is no reason to reinitiate treatment at this time, but we will obviously continue close observation.”

Biden’s returning symptoms are an example of a rebound Covid-19 case, a phenomenon that has happened in some cases after people take Paxlovid.

Biden is isolating in the White House and has canceled his immediate travel plans. He had planned to meet up Sunday with the first lady in Delaware as well as take a trip early next week to promote passage of the chip funding bill. “He will not go to Delaware or to Michigan and he is isolating in the White House residence,” a White House official said.

The official said the White House was “in the process of contact tracing and once we have determined the number, we will release it.”

Biden tweeted about his condition on Saturday. “Folks, today I tested positive for COVID again. This happens with a small minority of folks. I’ve got no symptoms but I am going to isolate for the safety of everyone around me. I’m still at work, and will be back on the road soon,” he tweeted.

Biden emerged from his initial isolation last Wednesday, after completing a five-day course of Paxlovid, an antiviral therapy from Pfizer, and testing negative for COVID-19 on Tuesday evening and again Wednesday morning.

The president was not masked at public events he attended at the end of the week, which is in conflict with CDC guidance that says people should wear a mask for 10 days after a Covid infection.

White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre said during a briefing that the president was still in compliance with CDC guidelines because he was more than six feet apart from other people.

In late May, the CDC issued a health advisory about the recurrence of symptoms and noted that there have been no cases of severe disease as part of this rebound. The agency also said that there is currently no evidence that a second round of Paxlovid is necessary for these symptoms to resolve.

However, that hasn’t stopped some physicians from prescribing patients a second round of Paxlovid out of an abundance of caution. Anthony Fauci, the White House chief medical adviser, received two courses of the antiviral after experiencing a similar rebound of symptoms.

Republicans are probably thinking: "Serves that heathen right for not taking cow dewormer!"

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2022, 3:51 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:

My sister lucked out and didn't get the rebound, but it seems to be super common.