Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Najash
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Jul 2022, 11:41 am

If you have been evaluated with the old PDD NOS classification, could you tell me what characteristics did you show at an early age?

How did your mentalization (inferring mental states) develop, I know that with social skills usually its not a challenge, you dont need making a big effort as you might see in some Aspergers or autistic people.

I would like to meet someone on the spectrum with that description that sounds a lot like mine, and I am intrigued to know if they had a genetic test done that would show the mutations involved.

I opened a thread a few days ago sharing my deductions about my socialization to:

I can read people. Patterns is what I see in their expressions and body language. It is not hard to guess what they are thinking but I suppose this can be accomplished by anyone who pays attention to what they see and hear, in general I think people are predictable, also socially inappropriate and sometimes hostility in my reactions, this may be related to the emotional inmaturity I have. Likewise, I have not met many Aspergers with this same profile, only one who was diagnosed with PDD NOS as a child more than one decade ago, and she was also good at reading people.

DanielW
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2022, 8:11 pm

PDD-NOS is an even broader "catch-all" term than ASD, Basically meaning, "there is something developmentally different about you, but we can't pinpoint exactly what it is" (usually this is because the person is too young to analyze with more accurate tests. So you will most likely see a wide variance in symptoms, functioning levels/deficits, etc. People initially Dignosed with a PDD are often re-evaluated and thus diagnosed later in life with another condition or conditions.