Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Dragon729
Butterfly
Butterfly

24 Jul 2022, 8:54 am

I want people to talk to who actually will understand me. And I hope that I can get it here. I'm not sure what else I'm supposed to type here.

GenderGay
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

05 Aug 2022, 10:56 am

Hi, I’m new to this website and joined partially cuz I’m feeling the same way about wanting people who can actually understand me.

I’m 16, I take care of poultry, I love the forest. I’m interested in plants and know a lot about the edible plants of my region. And I’m an artist. I’m autistic but wait lists and incompetent doctors mean I have yet to revive my evaluation- so unfortunately no formal diagnosis yet.

Dragon729
Butterfly
Butterfly

05 Aug 2022, 5:23 pm

GenderGay wrote:
Hi, I’m new to this website and joined partially cuz I’m feeling the same way about wanting people who can actually understand me.

I’m 16, I take care of poultry, I love the forest. I’m interested in plants and know a lot about the edible plants of my region. And I’m an artist. I’m autistic but wait lists and incompetent doctors mean I have yet to revive my evaluation- so unfortunately no formal diagnosis yet.

That all sounds really cool. I wish I knew more about edible plants, I've always felt it would be a really useful skill to have.

GenderGay
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

05 Aug 2022, 10:12 pm

They are definitely really cool! I recommend the Petersons field guide to edible plants if u wanna learn about them. It’s really easy to use and it makes identifying plants easy. All the pages have illustrations so it’s accessible than some of the other Peterson books and other books in general. One of my favorite plants is Trout Lilly, it’s a spring flower the leaves are mildly emetic so if you wanna eat a ton of them it’s recommended you do a couple washes to remove the chemical. But it’s safe to eat them raw as well. Also trout Lilly is just pretty. It’s really common where I live. And I’ve made cough candy out of coltsfoot, it’s so wonderful and soothing. Works much better than anything else I have tried. It also helped my soar throat when I was really sick and coughing constantly. Technically you shouldn’t really eat colts food since in studies involving mice it has been linked to an increase risk in liver cancer but I figure it’s probably not as bad as some of the other mutigins people come into contact with. And that was what I had, and it helped. Lots of times I just pay attention to plants and when I don’t know what they are try to figure it out. I did that with a mushroom (Ik it’s a fungi not a plant) once and it turned out to be an edible called witches butter. It tastes like how I imagine plain jello would. When I first got into edible plants my dad was terrified I would poison myself!

Dragon729
Butterfly
Butterfly

06 Aug 2022, 5:48 am

That's really cool. I might look in to getting a guide like that.