Asperger Syndrome and dealing with disagreement

Page 3 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2022, 8:50 am

The only way people can know themselves better than a doctor is if they never visit a doctor.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2022, 8:54 am

Doctors have advanced medical knowledge, and advanced medical equipment that could diagnose diseases much better than an individual person without medical training.

However, there are times when a person DOES know his/her body, in basic terms, better than a doctor.

Even doctors acknowledge this. Even doctors acknowledge that they are not infallible.

I'm not exactly a connoisseur of folks remedies; I take Tylenol or Advil for pain. However, there are certain herbs which do have medicinal qualities. As for witchcraft, homeopathy, etc., I don't believe in that crap.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2022, 9:12 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
There are times when a person DOES know his/her body, in basic terms, better than a doctor.
Only if they have never been examined by a doctor.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2022, 9:51 am

I don’t have an issue with supplements if a person has a deficiency or something. It’s usually a good idea to check with one’s doctor before taking them, though.

Most often, herbal remedies are a waste of money and have not been backed by research. They can appear to work due to the placebo effect.

I take an iron supplement because I struggle with anemia. My doctor recommended it.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2022, 9:11 am

I don't do very well in debates or other disagreements. I like to avoid conflict at all costs. Things are easier that way.