Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Noamx
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

24 Jul 2022, 6:20 pm

Well basically, its a very controversial question, but, one I must ask you. Is life is good or s**t? Well basically, there could be a million possible answers to this question, and also a million ways of looking / thinking about this subject, but I was just hoping if you can generally share what you think about this. For me personally, I'm quite confused about it. Science seems to say there is a general tendency for life to be more on the s**t side than the good side, but I could be wrong, or I could be receiving the wrong information about this. Can you explain what you think? Thanks.

About me, my name's Noam 32 years old from Israel, diagnosed with High functioning Autism at about age 21 but unofficially had this problem since I was born. From age 25 or so I started to function better but I still have alot of problems in my life. I live in Israel in a city called Ashdod, but I was born in Jerusalem. I'm Agnostic when it comes to religion.

Hobbies include Video Games, Music, Sports, Swimming, Watch TV, Sex/Getting laid, Alcohol, Writing, Reading, and more.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2022, 6:47 pm

Life is what you make of it, despite any disabilities you may have.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2022, 7:34 pm

Life is good and people are ----

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2022, 7:37 pm

It is both.

It can be good and even great at times and miserable and sh*tty at other times.

FleaOfTheChill
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2022, 8:17 pm

According to them and those baptist girls, life is, in fact, sh**. But in all fairness, that song is kind of sh** :lol: They might be wrong.

It seems to me that there's no shortage of people who focus on negatives. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that focusing on negatives seems to be part (though not a constant part of) the human condition. It's more human to disaster spot, self destruct, and/or dwell on all that's wrong, than to see the good all around. I'm not sure what that says about humanity/human nature. Maybe we're hard wired to see bad things as some old school survival thing. Beats me. I just know I'm not immune to all that despite not feeling especially connected to the human race. Sometimes I see life as good, other times, I see it as utter and complete sh**. It all depends on my headspace that day. Today, I would say it's sh**. Tomorrow? Who know.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2022, 11:47 pm

I've had better lives.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2022, 11:59 pm

Even caged birds sing.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2022, 12:26 am

The one thing I've learnt is that it usually works out in the end, regardless of how bad it can get.

Last edited by Dillogic on 25 Jul 2022, 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2022, 12:32 am

Objectively life is s**t, since lots of people live under horrible conditions and they can't do anything to change it.( people born in third world countries, people who are born sickly and are bedridden)

But that doesn't mean you don't have the right to be happy, or you can't. Everyone experience both happiness and sadness regardless of how sh***y their life is

Radish
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2022, 4:37 am

Both... then you die. :lol:

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2022, 7:26 am

Doesn't matter.
How does that makes sense (or less sense) in context?

Depends where one would drive it, what and how one paints it.

Didn't matter if one uses both eyes and their foot to reach a mountain top, or their tongue with some straw and a pair of fingers using tar to write aerial messages.
Or, them being lightweight enough to be carried by the waves and winds, or just use a shovel and a dozen of reptile eggs over a sinkhole then make a paradise out of it. And if said shovel is actually some ancient giant claw that no human arm can lift.

:lol: Now try and that nonsense into context.
It's like interpreting a toddler's wall scribble, and then more.
And how would said toddler react whether their parents be happy with the mess or get angry and punish them? Or, downright ignore it, I wonder? :lol:

Would said toddler say life is sh*t -- was it because they're clumsy? Was it because they soil themselves? Was it because they angered their parents? Was it because it ran out of space on the wall? Well?? :lol:
What does the little one think? Is life good or sh*t for whatever reason? Would they hold onto that? Would they forget? Forgive? Not-comprehend and screw it? Hm.

I'm not going to change a person's mind or validate what they believe by giving them stats or inspirational pep talks about the nature of life.

All I know is that it doesn't matter.
If I'm bored and choose to save someone's soul, would that matter to me? Would that matter to them? Would that matter to someone else? Would that matter to the world?
Irrelevant. :lol:

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2022, 7:59 am

For me, it's neither. It's just what it is. It's all there is, so far as we know. And we don't know what it's for, if anything, so an evaluation of its quality is necessarily subjective.

And as for that subjective experience of it - well, I think humans see through lenticular lenses. If it looks s**t, you have the power to shift your perspective and you may see something different.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2022, 9:14 am

It took me many years to understand that I have to do certain things in order to feel alive. Once I learned that then I have experienced a life that at times is really really good. But for probably 60% of the time I'm literally existing.

Life is for living even if you're only doing it 40% of the time.

ocean
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2022, 7:31 am

i wish life as a whole didnt exist...i wish i was never born...why must we exist??????

about an alien corpse
im the one who brought
the truth to the light

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2022, 2:05 pm

Some days I don't hate my life. I mean, I'm not insanely happy or anything, but most days I'm neutral, which is good enough. Other days I'm reminded how the world is going to hell in a hand basket and how idiotic people are and then I hate it. And those reminders are all too frequent now.

Life can be good sometimes, but it would be a lot better if most humans weren't s**t.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2022, 10:03 pm

Not all impacts are immediate obvious physical or visible

Some things are good. Some things are bad

You can't measure quality

Some things appear good but end up bad

Some things appear bad but end up good

Nobody is perfect

Something could be good in one situation and bad in a different situation