Where Is The Best Place To Find A Girlfriend?

Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

TB_TB_TB_TB_TB_TB
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2022, 10:00 am

I Hear Too Many Horror Stories Of People Meeting On Dating Apps.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2022, 10:12 am

TB_TB_TB_TB_TB_TB wrote:
Places of worship, grocery stores, businesses/jobs, parks, sporting events, art shows, crafts festivals, gyms, courtrooms, hospitals/pharmacies, sidewalks, demonstrations/protests, cafés/pubs/restaurants, hiking trails, charity events, concerts, lectures, law offices, classrooms/schools/universities, day-care centers, libraries, political rallies, voting centers, animal shelters, fire stations, police stations, jails/prisons, beaches, cruises, airports, train stations, bus stops . . .

Anywhere women are is a good place to find one who might become your girlfriend.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2022, 4:48 pm

IMO, dating sites are a waste of time & effort for multiple reasons.

The Grand Inquisitor
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2022, 6:21 pm

Fnord wrote:
TB_TB_TB_TB_TB_TB wrote:
Places of worship, grocery stores, businesses/jobs, parks, sporting events, art shows, crafts festivals, gyms, courtrooms, hospitals/pharmacies, sidewalks, demonstrations/protests, cafés/pubs/restaurants, hiking trails, charity events, concerts, lectures, law offices, classrooms/schools/universities, day-care centers, libraries, political rallies, voting centers, animal shelters, fire stations, police stations, jails/prisons, beaches, cruises, airports, train stations, bus stops . . .

Anywhere women are is a good place to find one who might become your girlfriend.

There are lots of places where women are present, but that doesn't mean they're open to getting to know someone and cultivating a relationship in those contexts, or that it's socially appropriate to approach them for conversation.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2022, 9:07 pm

The Grand Inquisitor wrote:
Fnord wrote:
TB_TB_TB_TB_TB_TB wrote:
Places of worship, grocery stores, businesses/jobs, parks, sporting events, art shows, crafts festivals, gyms, courtrooms, hospitals/pharmacies, sidewalks, demonstrations/protests, cafés/pubs/restaurants, hiking trails, charity events, concerts, lectures, law offices, classrooms/schools/universities, day-care centers, libraries, political rallies, voting centers, animal shelters, fire stations, police stations, jails/prisons, beaches, cruises, airports, train stations, bus stops . . . Anywhere women are is a good place to find one who might become your girlfriend.
There are lots of places where women are present, but that doesn't mean they're open to getting to know someone and cultivating a relationship in those contexts, or that it's socially appropriate to approach them for conversation.
Indeed. That is why I wrote “. . . might become your girlfriend”. Being any place where women are does not guaranty any woman there will become your girlfriend, but it beats hiding in your bedroom hoping a real woman will swipe right on your picture.

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2022, 5:25 am

going to church allows you to have conversations with a lot of women. It's low pressure cos you are meeting for other reasons, so you are just having casual conversation and doesnt stress you out.

You should still have your guard up as it's not guaranteed they are going to be nice. Other types of meetings like classes might also be similar.

Muse933277
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2022, 8:59 am

TB_TB_TB_TB_TB_TB wrote:

I Hear Too Many Horror Stories Of People Meeting On Dating Apps.

I know some guys who were successful on Tinder, but they were all tall, neurotypical, and reasonably attractive. I used Tinder at the same time as them but I was never successful; but that's just because I was super short, underweight, and had zero game. At the time, I was too naive to believe otherwise and thought I could find a girl quite easily, but after using Tinder for at least a year without even getting a single date, the cold hard truth eventually revealed itself. And no, real life wasn't much better either.

Anyways, all of these really popular dating apps only work if you're fairly attractive. I personally, wouldn't recommend
them unless you're a 7+ on the 1/10 looks scale. If you can start working out, get a better haircut, and wear better clothes, to get yourself to a 7, then you need to do that first. But if you either don't want to OR it's not possible for you to be conventionally attractive, then I wouldn't bother wasting your time on these apps as a straight man.

Last edited by Muse933277 on 27 Jul 2022, 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2022, 9:03 am

Muse933277 wrote:
Tinder, Bumble, Hinge works best for men who are good looking but introverted or too busy to go out. I personally wouldn't recommend them unless you're a 7+ on the 1/10 looks scale. If you can looksmaxx your way to a 7, then I would do that first, and then try online dating afterwards.
All of that means nothing if a man expects women to run to him.  Men need to get out more and mingle.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2022, 9:07 am

I would just stay away from dating apps.

Mitchell M.
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

27 Jul 2022, 4:28 pm

I hear online forums are nice, I remember one guy here met all 3 girlfriends on forums.

Nic na Mara
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Sep 2022, 8:00 am

3 girlfriends on forum? Okay! If you are looking for one girlfriend each week, you could be successful with dating-apps and so on. If you are looking for a longer serious partnership, better don't try it online.

rse92
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2022, 10:29 am

People who have horror stories about dating apps generally have them because they were stupid about it.

I'm sure you all don't want to hear all my online dating advice, but the one thing I will say is that, with one notable exception (my current wife), I never went on a date with a woman I met on a dating site (and I went on many) unless we had talked on the telephone first. Plenty of women who seemed perfectly reasonable when exchanging email messages proved themselves to be immature, needy, unrealistic, unintelligent, dour, or unattractive in other ways which turned me off. Undoubtedly women would have the same experience if they screened their online suitors similarly. If someone will say "I won't or can't talk on the phone but i will meet you", sayonara.

Last edited by rse92 on 09 Sep 2022, 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

rse92
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2022, 10:33 am

Fnord wrote:
The Grand Inquisitor wrote:
Fnord wrote:
TB_TB_TB_TB_TB_TB wrote:
Places of worship, grocery stores, businesses/jobs, parks, sporting events, art shows, crafts festivals, gyms, courtrooms, hospitals/pharmacies, sidewalks, demonstrations/protests, cafés/pubs/restaurants, hiking trails, charity events, concerts, lectures, law offices, classrooms/schools/universities, day-care centers, libraries, political rallies, voting centers, animal shelters, fire stations, police stations, jails/prisons, beaches, cruises, airports, train stations, bus stops . . . Anywhere women are is a good place to find one who might become your girlfriend.
Indeed. That is why I wrote “. . . might become your girlfriend”. Being any place where women are does not guaranty any woman there will become your girlfriend, but it beats hiding in your bedroom hoping a real woman will swipe right on your picture.

If you say on this forum "the sun always rises in the east", someone will respond "no it doesn't". Guaranteed.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2022, 10:34 am

Wallmart? Some say they found their date in the supermarket isles. Never seen any girlfriends onnthe shelves myself but maybe in New York? No idea. I am from the UK so our supermarkets don't have them, but have heard of people finding their girlfriend or boyfriend at a supermarket here, so maybe is an occasional offer? But I rarely go in supermarkets these days.

rse92
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2022, 10:42 am

Mountain Goat wrote:
Wallmart? Some say they found their date in the supermarket isles. Never seen any girlfriends onnthe shelves myself but maybe in New York? No idea. I am from the UK so our supermarkets don't have them, but have heard of people finding their girlfriend or boyfriend at a supermarket here, so maybe is an occasional offer? But I rarely go in supermarkets these days.

According to Stratton and Schoenstein, supermarkets are the best places to pick up women.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2022, 1:37 pm

In a pea pod