Do you also build your own houses in The Sims?

Page 2 of 3 [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2022, 12:25 pm

Btw, have you already heard that The Sims base game is going to be available for FREE now? :D :D :D And The Desert Luxe Kit is totally for free now, too - I just downloaded this kit a moment ago :)

Agent_Elflord
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

14 Sep 2022, 2:14 pm

for all platforms? I think I payed maybe $15-$25 for it, unless I used Microsoft Rewards for it on XB1. That's cool, but I still wish the game packs were cheaper!

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2022, 12:01 pm

Yes, for all the platforms :D I got half the expansion/game/stuff packs I have, for free - more precisely, I won them in various Youtube giveaways :D

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2023, 2:29 am

https://www.pcgamesn.com/the-sims-4/fre ... yle-bundle

The Epic Games Store gives The Sims 4: Daring Lifestyle bundle (with The Jungle Adventure I always wanted to have so much :D ) FOR FREE now :D :D :D I mean, not NOW as in this very moment but since the 11th May and it will be available for the next seven days then :)

Princess Viola
Toucan
Toucan

18 May 2023, 6:58 pm

I will literally spend hours (and sometimes multiple sessions, depending on how fancy/big I'm making something - pretty sure it took me a few days to make my big château in one of my save files) making a house in The Sims because I'm not going to have my Sims live in a poorly designed shack. I'm gonna make them a house that actually looks like a house.

And if I want them to live in a shack (for like story reasons), I'm going to at least make it a well-designed shack.

Winters Gate
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2023, 8:46 pm

Building houses is my favorite part of the sims. When I play I spend A lot of time building. Unfortunately the rest of the game gets boring for me after awhile.so.I can only play it in small.doses.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2023, 1:59 pm

I like to spend a lot of time on building houses on the Sims 2 (that's the only Sims I have but with all the expansion packs). But I have to build houses in a way where I can keep an eye on every room at once (one floor at a time of course) without having to move or rotate the camera, so I can't stand having large objects in my way like a big fridge or bookshelf.

Peavey
Butterfly
Butterfly

23 May 2023, 4:47 pm

Joe90 wrote:
I like to spend a lot of time on building houses on the Sims 2 (that's the only Sims I have but with all the expansion packs). But I have to build houses in a way where I can keep an eye on every room at once (one floor at a time of course) without having to move or rotate the camera, so I can't stand having large objects in my way like a big fridge or bookshelf.

I used to always orient my building so that the street was in the background, and I place furniture so as not to obscure that. I did all of my own building in TS1 & 2, but in TS4 I tend to use prebuilts and then just expand them. Lately I've been getting back into tinkering with the building.

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2023, 3:16 pm

I am in the process of building a small Moroccan riad in The Sims 4 - when I'm done with it, I'll add it to the gallery. To build it and furnish it properly, I'm using mostly the stuff from the Courtyard Oasis kit I won quite recently. I want to win the Horse Ranch expansion pack in another Youtube giveaway, organized by the same person, now :) Even if I am not too fond of horses per se - when I was a child, my grandpa used to have a horse whose name was Kasztan which means Chestnut in Polish - Kasztan did tend to be agressive, he could kick or bite a person that got too close to him, so I was always a bit afraid of him.

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2023, 11:34 am

I just got "The Horse Ranch" in an online giveaway :D Every time a new expansion pack is released, I enter a giveaway to win it without the need to waste my money for it - practically every game expansion pack I own, is the result of my entering this or that giveaway - and winning it :mrgreen:

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2023, 11:51 am

Yes. But I miss The Sums 2. I'm bummed you can't buy it anymore.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2023, 11:58 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:
Yes. But I miss The Sums 2. I'm bummed you can't buy it anymore.

Hoist sails. :nerdy:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

pcgoblin
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2023, 2:41 pm

When I played The Sims and The Sims 2 I use to build my own homes. I would use the cheat to get tons of money, and then build a house and furnish it with everything.
Sometimes I would attempt to build a house like a house where I use to live. It was very satisfying.
Other times I just tried to build an interesting and efficient building to minimized the amount of time it took to get from point A to point B. I can get impatient traveling from the shower to the kitchen to make a meal and then to the bed room to sleep then to get up so I could catch my ride to work. I don't think I ever made a house that was one big room. I am not sure why???

Fun memories. I sometimes play The Sims 4, but I buy a preexisting home.

pcgoblin
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2023, 2:45 pm

Irulan wrote:
I entered another "The Sims 4" challenge yesterday - and now I'm decorating and furnishing some empty shell of a Sim house - I would like to win an expansion pack for the game :D Or two game packs - If I won, I would choose the jungle one and that new one about the werewolves :)

Werewolves, you say? Neat.

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2023, 11:24 am

I didn't win in that contest then, unfortunately but the jungle pack I wanted was later given for free by The Epic Games Store :D

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2023, 7:32 pm

I only bothered to go this deeply into the game in the original series (base game plus expansions).

I skipped The Sims 2 and went straight to The Sims 3

In the The Sims 3 I only played it long enough to use the preset houses.