Do you also build your own houses in The Sims?

Page 2 of 3 [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2022, 12:25 pm

Btw, have you already heard that The Sims base game is going to be available for FREE now? :D :D :D And The Desert Luxe Kit is totally for free now, too - I just downloaded this kit a moment ago :)

Agent_Elflord
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

14 Sep 2022, 2:14 pm

for all platforms? I think I payed maybe $15-$25 for it, unless I used Microsoft Rewards for it on XB1. That's cool, but I still wish the game packs were cheaper!

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2022, 12:01 pm

Yes, for all the platforms :D I got half the expansion/game/stuff packs I have, for free - more precisely, I won them in various Youtube giveaways :D

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2023, 2:29 am

https://www.pcgamesn.com/the-sims-4/fre ... yle-bundle

The Epic Games Store gives The Sims 4: Daring Lifestyle bundle (with The Jungle Adventure I always wanted to have so much :D ) FOR FREE now :D :D :D I mean, not NOW as in this very moment but since the 11th May and it will be available for the next seven days then :)

Princess Viola
Toucan
Toucan

18 May 2023, 6:58 pm

I will literally spend hours (and sometimes multiple sessions, depending on how fancy/big I'm making something - pretty sure it took me a few days to make my big château in one of my save files) making a house in The Sims because I'm not going to have my Sims live in a poorly designed shack. I'm gonna make them a house that actually looks like a house.

And if I want them to live in a shack (for like story reasons), I'm going to at least make it a well-designed shack.

Winters Gate
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2023, 8:46 pm

Building houses is my favorite part of the sims. When I play I spend A lot of time building. Unfortunately the rest of the game gets boring for me after awhile.so.I can only play it in small.doses.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2023, 1:59 pm

I like to spend a lot of time on building houses on the Sims 2 (that's the only Sims I have but with all the expansion packs). But I have to build houses in a way where I can keep an eye on every room at once (one floor at a time of course) without having to move or rotate the camera, so I can't stand having large objects in my way like a big fridge or bookshelf.

Peavey
Butterfly
Butterfly

23 May 2023, 4:47 pm

Joe90 wrote:
I like to spend a lot of time on building houses on the Sims 2 (that's the only Sims I have but with all the expansion packs). But I have to build houses in a way where I can keep an eye on every room at once (one floor at a time of course) without having to move or rotate the camera, so I can't stand having large objects in my way like a big fridge or bookshelf.

I used to always orient my building so that the street was in the background, and I place furniture so as not to obscure that. I did all of my own building in TS1 & 2, but in TS4 I tend to use prebuilts and then just expand them. Lately I've been getting back into tinkering with the building.

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2023, 3:16 pm

I am in the process of building a small Moroccan riad in The Sims 4 - when I'm done with it, I'll add it to the gallery. To build it and furnish it properly, I'm using mostly the stuff from the Courtyard Oasis kit I won quite recently. I want to win the Horse Ranch expansion pack in another Youtube giveaway, organized by the same person, now :) Even if I am not too fond of horses per se - when I was a child, my grandpa used to have a horse whose name was Kasztan which means Chestnut in Polish - Kasztan did tend to be agressive, he could kick or bite a person that got too close to him, so I was always a bit afraid of him.

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2023, 11:34 am

I just got "The Horse Ranch" in an online giveaway :D Every time a new expansion pack is released, I enter a giveaway to win it without the need to waste my money for it - practically every game expansion pack I own, is the result of my entering this or that giveaway - and winning it :mrgreen:

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2023, 11:51 am

Yes. But I miss The Sums 2. I'm bummed you can't buy it anymore.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2023, 11:58 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:
Yes. But I miss The Sums 2. I'm bummed you can't buy it anymore.

Hoist sails. :nerdy:

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

pcgoblin
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2023, 2:41 pm

When I played The Sims and The Sims 2 I use to build my own homes. I would use the cheat to get tons of money, and then build a house and furnish it with everything.
Sometimes I would attempt to build a house like a house where I use to live. It was very satisfying.
Other times I just tried to build an interesting and efficient building to minimized the amount of time it took to get from point A to point B. I can get impatient traveling from the shower to the kitchen to make a meal and then to the bed room to sleep then to get up so I could catch my ride to work. I don't think I ever made a house that was one big room. I am not sure why???

Fun memories. I sometimes play The Sims 4, but I buy a preexisting home.

pcgoblin
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2023, 2:45 pm

Irulan wrote:
I entered another "The Sims 4" challenge yesterday - and now I'm decorating and furnishing some empty shell of a Sim house - I would like to win an expansion pack for the game :D Or two game packs - If I won, I would choose the jungle one and that new one about the werewolves :)

Werewolves, you say? Neat.

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2023, 11:24 am

I didn't win in that contest then, unfortunately but the jungle pack I wanted was later given for free by The Epic Games Store :D

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2023, 7:32 pm

I only bothered to go this deeply into the game in the original series (base game plus expansions).

I skipped The Sims 2 and went straight to The Sims 3

In the The Sims 3 I only played it long enough to use the preset houses.