Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2022, 3:41 pm

I think there should be Distortion Reality Spectrum Disorder.

Distortion Spectrum Reality Disorder:

Distortion Spectrum Reality Disorder are groups of mental, neurodevelopmental or neurogenic disorders that causes los or dissociation from reality. The symptoms of severe or profound impaired reality tests, and the symptoms of psychosis includes odd or delusional beliefs, unusual perceptions or hallucinations usual or disorganized speech, and if psychosis is so extreme, it includes lack of understanding right from wrong and impulse control.

Delusion or odd beliefs: A fixed false belief despite what almost everyone else beliefs and in the light evidence to the countrary and not normal in person's subcultures. With severe delusions, you have anosognosia, but with mild delusions, known as odd beliefs, you can have double book keeping and be self-aware thar something is wrong with you.

Hallucination or unusual perception: Unusual phenomena of a sensory organs in any frontal lobe that causes precaution that is not based on person's subcultures and evidence to thr countrary. With severe hallucinations, you have anosognosia, but with mild hallucinations, you can be self-aware that there is something wrong with you.

Unusual or disorganized speech:

Unusual speech patterns or word salads.

Psychosis level 1:

Odd beliefs, usual perceptions, odd speech and lack of social skills

Psychosis level 2:

Delusions, hallucinations, disorganized speech and lack of social skills

Psychosis level 3:

Lack of understanding right from wrong, including lack of impulse control.

With delusions and hallucinations, and or both, you are still legally sane, unless symptoms of psychosis was related to criminal behaviors, and that is psychosis level 3.

Anosognosia: groups of mental health, neurodevelopmental and neurogenic disorders that is severe enough to lose self-awareness and completely not recognize, disconnect or dissociate from reality.

"Schizophrenia Spectrum and Other Psychotic Disorders" should be renamed to Distortion Reality Spectrum Disorder.

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2022, 7:13 am

Interesting post. I do not think that people with marked mental disorders, disabled ones (maybe even especially due to mental or neurodevelopmental problems) should be punished in the same way as "healthy" individuals. Such a disabled individuals may easily be harassed by other prisoners, especially "healthy" and/or non-disabled ones.

What to do when a person with severe and disabling mental disorders commits pedophilic acts or sexual abuse, especially when wrongdoing individual is young (for example still in early or middle adolescence)? What if a person committing such as evil acts radically changes own way and regrets evil which he/she did and do not want behaviors which he/she committed to happen on anyone at all?

I think that for such an individual should be no legal punishment, in my opinion non-marital intercourse, fornication or adultery (which leads or at least can lead to procreation) is worse than very evil and silly adolescent child abuse due to procreative aspect (possibility of staring the life of new human/humans) of fornication or adultery. Silly, but criminal behaviors can be also symptoms of severe mental disorders (I read about something called heboidophrenia which was described as presented in certain children and adolescent and leading (or possibly leading) to antisocial and even criminal behaviour) combined with poor spiritual development and knowledge and lack or insufficient psychological and psychiatric treatment.

Religion can severely modify course of mental disorders. Certain extremists commit atrocities thinking that it is what the one and only God demands from people who sincerely follows certain religious beliefs. What to do then?

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2022, 8:09 am

nca14 wrote:
Interesting post. I do not think that people with marked mental disorders, disabled ones (maybe even especially due to mental or neurodevelopmental problems) should be punished in the same way as "healthy" individuals. Such a disabled individuals may easily be harassed by other prisoners, especially "healthy" and/or non-disabled ones.

What to do when a person with severe and disabling mental disorders commits pedophilic acts or sexual abuse, especially when wrongdoing individual is young (for example still in early or middle adolescence)? What if a person committing such as evil acts radically changes own way and regrets evil which he/she did and do not want behaviors which he/she committed to happen on anyone at all?

I think that for such an individual should be no legal punishment, in my opinion non-marital intercourse, fornication or adultery (which leads or at least can lead to procreation) is worse than very evil and silly adolescent child abuse due to procreative aspect (possibility of staring the life of new human/humans) of fornication or adultery. Silly, but criminal behaviors can be also symptoms of severe mental disorders (I read about something called heboidophrenia which was described as presented in certain children and adolescent and leading (or possibly leading) to antisocial and even criminal behaviour) combined with poor spiritual development and knowledge and lack or insufficient psychological and psychiatric treatment.

Religion can severely modify course of mental disorders. Certain extremists commit atrocities thinking that it is what the one and only God demands from people who sincerely follows certain religious beliefs. What to do then?

I think with mild mental health, neurodevelopmental and neurogenic disorders, you should get at least diminished capacity, but that is only if it was related to criminal behavior.

But with more serious mental health, neurodevelopmental disorders and neurogenic disorders, you can be unfit to stand trial, because you have delusional way of understanding right from wrong.

As for extremists, they should also be unfit to stand trial, because they are deluded.