Survey Looks at Acceptance of Political Violence in U.S.

Page 3 of 5 [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2022, 6:45 pm

Well as for the debate if the violence on Jan 6 was worse violence than BLM. I remember when the BLM riots happened a lot of properties that were destroyed in the riots were in the black communities. So they fight for social justice for black people, but at the same time cause riots to happen which destroyed black communities.

So it was hard for me to take BLM seriously when they show the world they are self destructive like that. Where as the people who commited violence on Jan 6, even though they commited violence out of blame, at least there were directing the violence at the people they were actually blaming if that makes sense.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2022, 7:10 pm

It WAS worse violence than the violence perpetuated by fringe elements of BLM……especially from the perspective of the future of a viable United States.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2022, 10:01 pm

I really hope we don't have another civil war. :(

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2022, 10:55 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
It WAS worse violence than the violence perpetuated by fringe elements of BLM……especially from the perspective of the future of a viable United States.

Was it? No one died and the damage was minimal, aside from the one lady who was shot by the cops.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2022, 10:56 pm

Dox47 wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Was it? No one died and the damage was minimal, aside from the one lady who was shot by the cops.

One cop was killed trying to control the riot and a few others commited suicide after the incident from what I read.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2022, 11:03 pm

DeathFlowerKing wrote:
One cop was killed trying to control the riot and a few others commited suicide after the incident from what I read.

That's incorrect, one cop had a stroke or something the next day, none of them died during the riot or from wounds sustained while fighting it.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2022, 11:12 pm

Dox47 wrote:
DeathFlowerKing wrote:

That's incorrect, one cop had a stroke or something the next day, none of them died during the riot or from wounds sustained while fighting it.

No matter how you rationalize it they were still trying to overthrow the election through violence that day because they wanted a dictator to be in power.

In my opinion these were all traitors and terrorists who deserve the firing squad and I make no apologies or excuses for saying this.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2022, 11:26 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

Perhaps I am looking at the violence in terms of quantity, and black lives matter had violence all around different parts of the country where the capitol riot was a much more concentrated location.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2022, 11:30 pm

Well with all the right wing bumper stickers about a desire to shoot liberals and/or leftists I wonder who will start said conflict... I wonder would it be the people with oversized pick up trucks with those trashy stickers on them or the oh so terrible liberals and leftists.

Idk about anyone else but I absolutely love peoples bumper stickers saying they'd want to shoot someone like me just for existing, really makes trips to the grocery store feel very safe. Let alone walmart, for sure my hypervigilance is always on high alert there. But as I say I just love it...ha ha.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2022, 11:47 pm

DeathFlowerKing wrote:
No matter how you rationalize it they were still trying to overthrow the election through violence that day because they wanted a dictator to be in power.

In my opinion these were all traitors and terrorists who deserve the firing squad and I make no apologies or excuses for saying this.

Not that I care, but none of that changes the fact that the violence was objectively less severe than what occurred during the 2020 Floyd riots, when multiple people died and billions of dollars in property damage was done while being swept under the rug by activist media.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2022, 11:48 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Idk about anyone else but I absolutely love peoples bumper stickers saying they'd want to shoot someone like me just for existing, really makes trips to the grocery store feel very safe. Let alone walmart, for sure my hypervigilance is always on high alert there. But as I say I just love it...ha ha.

Nobody wants to shoot you just for existing.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2022, 12:00 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
Well with all the right wing bumper stickers about a desire to shoot liberals and/or leftists I wonder who will start said conflict... I wonder would it be the people with oversized pick up trucks with those trashy stickers on them or the oh so terrible liberals and leftists.

I feel ya, I just don't feel safe anymore now. If I were wealthy I'd move out of this stupid country. But I'm just stuck here like many others waiting for the **** to hit the fan.

I have to wonder if this was what the few sane individuals living in 1930's Germany who were not swept away by Nazism and saw through Hitler's evil felt? Especially the ones who were simply too poor to just pick up and leave their country before things got really bad. They must have been experiencing the same level of stress and anxiety and downright fear seeing all the insanity that was happening to their country.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2022, 12:01 am

Dox47 wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

... do you ever read Marjorie Taylor Greene's twitter posts?

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2022, 12:14 am

DeathFlowerKing wrote:
... do you ever read Marjorie Taylor Greene's twitter posts?

Why would I do that?

Also, I doubt she said that, as the media would have jumped all over it.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2022, 12:18 am

DeathFlowerKing wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

I feel ya, I just don't feel safe anymore now. If I were wealthy I'd move out of this stupid country. But I'm just stuck here like many others waiting for the **** to hit the fan.

I have to wonder if this was what the few sane individuals living in 1930's Germany who were not swept away by Nazism and saw through Hitler's evil felt? Especially the ones who were simply too poor to just pick up and leave their country before things got really bad. They must have been experiencing the same level of stress and anxiety and downright fear seeing all the insanity that was happening to their country.

Yeah moving out is a nice fantasy but idk where would we go, we don't have college degrees and I am on SSI with a part time job, no other countries want us. So chances are we'll be stuck here for the worst of it, It's mad max for us...except U.S desert instead of Australia.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2022, 12:25 am

Dox47 wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

That is not what the bumper stickers imply...there are some for sure agressive ones, sure there are the blue line stickers which is one thing I suppose but then there are the ones that literally say on them that they want to shoot liberals and leftists maybe you have not seen those in your area but you see them around here more often than is comfortable.