For conservative Christian woman with ASD ...

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

justmejo
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

27 Jul 2022, 8:42 am

If you are not a conservative Christian woman with ASD, please do not respond :heart: I mean that in the most peaceful and loving way possible!!
I'm having trouble finding an ASD group for women like me [where the Father / God is literally at the center of my life and I do not "fit" in the "normal" ASD groups] and was actually thinking of just starting one on mewe ... but if there is already a group out there, I'd love to know about it!! !
So ... if you know of a group, please share it!! ! If you do not know of a group like this but would really appreciate one existing, let me know.
A little background - I am officially diagnosed and have a 29 year old son who is also officially diagnosed. I was diagnosed at 45 years old; he was diagnosed when he was young. Mine was missed until I got close enough to his caretaker / mentor ... and that is who told me I also have ASD ... mind blown ... decided to see a professional, went through the very exhausting testing process, and was officially diagnosed with ASD and ADHD ... and all of the sudden my entire life made sense. I am a part of a few groups on FB, however I really do not fit. There is a lot of complaining, a lot of negativity, and lots of rules I do not agree with.
My VISION for an amazing group would be one that helps women with the day to day life stuff. Keeping things organized, keeping up with routines and housework ... helping us be better KEEPERS OF THE HOME. A space that's encouraging and practical. So, more of a support group for managing LIFE as a conservative woman with ASD rather than a support group for ASD in and of itself, if that makes sense?

Again, please let me know if you are interested in something like that, or if you know of a group like that that already exists. Thanks!

Pteranomom
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Jul 2022, 2:20 am

I'm Jewish, but I would be interested in the housekeeping and organization part. I just got some more bins for the baby's toys... And after my garage sale next week I'll have my racks back to put the bins into.
Good luck!

propheticprototype
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Dec 2023, 3:09 am

I believe in the triune God.

I have aspergers.

I'm not afraid to try to make new friends.

I would like to be part of a group or just message you if you are interested.

Mod. edit: personal details redacted.

colliegrace
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2023, 3:44 am

Dunno if you'll find anyone of that description here. I'm probably close to the bill as a devout Christian who was raised in an uber conservative home, but these days I don't at all define myself as conservative.... or a woman, for that matter.

I am in a Christian Women Autism Support Group on FB, but mos of the people therein are parents with autistic children, a few are autistic themselves.

For a group such as what you are desiring, why not start one? You can invite people there and advertise where it is allowable.

Sorry for breaking your request.

Also diagnosed with: seasonal depression, anxiety, OCD

elotepreparado
Raven
Raven

06 Feb 2024, 11:09 pm

I am not really conservative but I do have faith and I do identify with a lot of conservative groups. I am just more center politically. BUT I know there's some pretty open-minded groups at church and in community centers. In a lot of areas where there is a high conservative population there should be groups for mothers that are faith-based. But I live in Texas... so it may not be the same in your area.

In general, a lot of faith-based groups for hobbies, sports, mothers, teachers, etc are very welcoming to children and adults with autism as long as they aren't mainly focused on politics. When politics and not God become the focus, things get judgemental really fast.

There are fundamentalist groups online but in the women groups they tend to have a strong focus on fertility so it can be hard if you have fertility issues, don't have children, or don't want children.