Prager U Kids: Propaganda Built to Rewrite History

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2022, 10:51 am

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2022, 10:59 am

Prager U is an endless source of regressive garbage/propaganda. It does not surprise me that they are targeting children.

Occasionally, I’d watch their channel for the laughs (playing Let’s Spot the Logical Fallacy with my son), but I’m no longer going to support them with my views.

It’s the ultimate cringe move that they refer to themselves as a university.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2022, 11:14 am

Prager University is a nonprofit advocacy group, founded talk show host and writer  Dennis Prager  in 2009 to create videos on various political, economic, and sociological topics that promote an American conservative viewpoint.  Much of its early funding came from oil billionaires Dan and Farris Wilks.

"Prager U" has presented misleading and factually incorrect content in its videos, particularly those that downplay climate change, the COVID-19 pandemic, racism, and those that oppose immigration.

• A 2018 PragerU video by Michelle Malkin argued for stricter restrictions on immigration with content that was full of errors and half-truths, and omitted relevant information.

• A PragerU video hosted by Dinesh D'Souza falsely stated that fascism was a left-wing ideology.

• In 2018, the PragerU video "The Suicide of Europe" by Douglas Murray argued that Europe is "committing suicide" by allowing mass immigration, contained many "dog whistles" to the extreme right, and was filled with anti-immigration and anti-Muslim rhetoric.

• In the 2016 PragerU video "Fossil Fuels: The Greenest Energy", fossil fuel proponent Alex Epstein promotes misinformation about climate change, including false and misleading claims.

• PragerU's videos advance the conspiracy theory, popular among the alt-right, that whiteness and conservatism are under attack and many videos on PragerU focus on delegitimizing the mainstream media, while claiming it is based on emotion or opinion rather than fact (Has he watched Faux News lately?).

• The PragerU video "How To End White Privilege" argued that white privilege is a myth because a black police officer's race did not provide a barrier to his success. The video is inaccurate as recent history and statistics indicate that white privilege still exists.

• "Why Did the Democratic South Become Republican?" is another PragerU video that contains "dog whistles" to the extreme right. In this video, the Southern strategy (e.g., the political strategy which saw the Republican Party exploit racial tensions to appeal to white Southerners) was false revisionism. The video presented a distortion of history, cherry-picked its evidence, and was an exercise in attacking a straw man.