Page 1 of 3 [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2022, 3:06 pm

They're getting rid of all the offensive jokes. A studio that used to pull no punches and do whatever it wanted is now becoming woke. GTA is the last property I'd expect to change to appeal with the SJW "cool kids". I never expected this to happen and now that it has, the sheer disappointment is suffocating.

A game about morally compromised protagonists committing crimes with clean...politically correct...humor.

Here's a joke for ya: A differently abled person goes to a medical caregiver of undetermined gender and the caregiver says: 'Why do you have a penguin on your head? They're endangered!'

If that made you laugh, do not speak to me ever.

Remember this rant.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2022, 4:02 pm

Oh no, they're not going to be edgelords anymore? God help us, clearly all freedom has been lost because they've voluntarily chosen to be less edgy.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2022, 4:16 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Oh no, they're not going to be edgelords anymore? God help us, clearly all freedom has been lost because they've voluntarily chosen to be less edgy.

What's wrong with edginess?

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2022, 6:23 pm

Aspiegaming wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

Is it required? Are they obliged to keep being as immature as always?

You're whining over a non-issue and framing it like it's both a big deal and all because of SJWs (aka people you don't agree with) when it appears to be voluntary and ultimately doesn't matter at all.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2022, 6:27 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Aspiegaming wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

You're whining over a non-issue and framing it like it's both a big deal and all because of SJWs (aka people you don't agree with) when it appears to be voluntary and ultimately doesn't matter at all.

It does matter because political correctness is destroying yet another franchise that I enjoy.

You don't understand what made people love GTA. You make GTA politically correct then how is it different from any other open world game?

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2022, 6:30 pm

Aspiegaming wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Aspiegaming wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

It does matter because political correctness is destroying yet another franchise that I enjoy.

You don't understand what made people love GTA. You make GTA politically correct then how is it different from any other open world game?

Oh and since it's voluntary, I guess you think it doesn't matter if everything, movies, TV shows, music, video games, comedians, etc. voluntarily become woke.

I care because if politically correct jokes are all that's being told. I can't laugh anymore and I don't think I ever will again.

I might as well [redacted] myself at that point.

shlaifu
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2022, 8:11 pm

Aspiegaming wrote:
Aspiegaming wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Aspiegaming wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

Oh and since it's voluntary, I guess you think it doesn't matter if everything, movies, TV shows, music, video games, comedians, etc. voluntarily become woke.

I care because if politically correct jokes are all that's being told. I can't laugh anymore and I don't think I ever will again.

I might as well [redacted] myself at that point.

Most comedians who pride themselves with telling politically incorrect jokes just take that as an excuse for telling bad jokes that also happen to be offensive.

Tbh. GTA has always been quite BLM, shooting cops and everything.

Don't pee yourself because of a "leak". Who knows if it's even a real leak, whether they mean what they say or are just giving politically correct answers.

Worry about how they will implement pay-to-win mechanics, lootboxes and NFTs, if you want to worry about a future video game release.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2022, 8:14 pm

Aspiegaming wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Aspiegaming wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

Are you able to express your criticism more clearly than just complaining about political correctness? What exactly has changed and how does it have anything to do political correctness?

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2022, 8:27 pm

Franchises ruined by wokeness so far:
Terminator
Star wars
MCU
He-man
Men in Black
Ghostbusters
Saints Row
GTA
Simpsons
Lord of the Rings

Get Woke, Go Broke remains true for most of it all. Then damage control comes in and they start blaming and attacking fans because their latest installments critically and financially flopped.

What is the point of comedy if everyone gets a safe space and can't be roasted and every topic too sensitive to joke about? See the video in first post.

GTA was about pushing boundaries and I want to see those boundaries continue being pushed.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2022, 8:30 pm

This reminds me of an article on Fox News a few years ago about how Christmas was supposedly ruined because people were refusing to play Baby, It’s Cold Outside.

I don’t see how taming a few jokes would ruin a gaming franchise. If it does, what does that say about the franchise?

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2022, 8:35 pm

Twilightprincess wrote:
This reminds me of an article on Fox News a few years ago about how Christmas was supposedly ruined because people were refusing to play Baby, It’s Cold Outside.

I don’t see how taming a few jokes would ruin a gaming franchise. If it does, what does that say about the franchise?

I've never heard Baby, It's Cold Outside and don't care for it.

GTA with clean cringe millennial humor. No thank you.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2022, 8:37 pm

Aspiegaming wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:

It must not have been very good in the first place if it’s unplayable once offensive jokes are removed. :lol:

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2022, 8:41 pm

Twilightprincess wrote:
Aspiegaming wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:

It must not have been very good in the first place if it’s unplayable once offensive jokes are removed. :lol:

I can't play it if I can't get sucked into it. Ever heard of escapism?

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2022, 8:43 pm

Aspiegaming wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:
Aspiegaming wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:

I didn’t know that offensive stuff that could be triggering to some people was required for escapism. That’s not how it works for me.

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2022, 8:46 pm

Twilightprincess wrote:
Aspiegaming wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:
Aspiegaming wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:

I didn’t know that offensive stuff that could be triggering to some people was required for escapism. That’s not how it works for me.

I do not want to be immersed in a world portraying modern politics bending the knee to extremely sensitive people on Twitter.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2022, 8:46 pm

This is just not that big of a deal.