Page 2 of 3 [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2022, 8:47 pm

Aspiegaming wrote:

I do not want to be immersed in a world portraying modern politics bending the knee to extremely sensitive people on Twitter.

I guess you’ll have to find a different game to play.

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2022, 8:49 pm

Twilightprincess wrote:
This is just not that big of a deal.

I guess I should look on the plus side. If there will be politically correct NPCs in the game. It better give me the option to run them over. Give me a six star wanted level, I don't care.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2022, 8:49 pm

Maybe I will finally find the games playable. I’ve always been more into games with horses than cars, though.

Cars are bad for the environment. Do you know if they will be putting electric cars in the game? Maybe I should contact someone about this… :lol:

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2022, 8:52 pm

Twilightprincess wrote:
Aspiegaming wrote:

I do not want to be immersed in a world portraying modern politics bending the knee to extremely sensitive people on Twitter.

I guess you’ll have to find a different game to play.

The Postal series so far hasn't let me down. I'm enjoying Brain Damaged.

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2022, 8:53 pm

Twilightprincess wrote:
Maybe I will finally find the games playable. I’ve always been more into games with horses than cars, though.

Cars are bad for the environment. Do you know if they will be putting electric cars in the game? Maybe I should contact someone about this… :lol:

If you want to drive an electric car in a game, I recommend Simpsons Road Rage. Lisa drives one.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2022, 8:54 pm

They need to include some classical music as well. Maybe something New Age like Yanni would be nice. There’s nothing like a high speed chase while listening to Yanni.

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2022, 8:55 pm

Twilightprincess wrote:
They need to include some classical music as well. Maybe something New Age like Yanni would be nice. There’s nothing like a high speed chase while listening to Yanni.

Funny, I was doing a Let's Play of Saints Row 3 while using only the classical music station. High speed reckless driving + classical music. It just fits so well.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2022, 8:56 pm

Aspiegaming wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:

If you want to drive an electric car in a game, I recommend Simpsons Road Rage. Lisa drives one.

That sounds nice, but I still think I prefer horses.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2022, 8:58 pm

Aspiegaming wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:

Funny, I was doing a Let's Play of Saints Row 3 while using only the classical music station. High speed reckless driving + classical music. It just fits so well.

I played Fortnite once as a challenge while listening to classical music. It worked out because I discovered some pieces that I like which I will play on the piano at Some Point. I didn’t play the game very well because the music was too good.

shlaifu
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2022, 9:30 pm

Aspiegaming wrote:
Franchises ruined by wokeness so far:
Terminator
Star wars
MCU
He-man
Men in Black
Ghostbusters
Saints Row
GTA
Simpsons
Lord of the Rings

Get Woke, Go Broke remains true for most of it all. Then damage control comes in and they start blaming and attacking fans because their latest installments critically and financially flopped.

All these, literally every single one has been dead, or has been undead for a decade and was resurrected to milk kidults and kids.

Aspiegaming wrote:
What is the point of comedy if everyone gets a safe space and can't be roasted and every topic too sensitive to joke about? See the video in first post.

GTA was about pushing boundaries and I want to see those boundaries continue being pushed.

Videogames have been violent, misogynistic and hilarious before.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2022, 10:12 pm

Aspiegaming wrote:

Right now you're being extremely sensitive. Should they bend the knee to you instead? :scratch:

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2022, 10:29 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Aspiegaming wrote:

Right now you're being extremely sensitive. Should they bend the knee to you instead? :scratch:

Right now, you're pushing my buttons. I can't help being hotheaded. I've had to tune out woke franchises and get blamed for their failures.

You don't care what happens to this franchise? Fine.
I hope all your favorite franchises go woke and start shoving political agendas down your throat until their audiences get tired and tune out then your favorite franchises will lose money and future installments get cancelled and audiences blamed. It's not the writer's fault. It's never the writer's fault.

Making them woke won't make them better.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2022, 10:33 pm

Aspiegaming wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Aspiegaming wrote:

Right now, you're pushing my buttons. I can't help being hotheaded. I've had to tune out woke franchises and get blamed for their failures.

I hope all your favorite franchises go woke and start shoving political agendas down your throat until their audiences get tired and tune out then your favorite franchises will lose money and future installments get cancelled and audiences blamed. It's not the writer's fault. It's never the writer's fault.

I don't share your hysteric reaction to anything deemed woke, I'm not even entirely sure what woke means, besides anything reactionaries don't approve of (which is to say anything more progressive than the Dark Ages). It's not like it's used with any consistent meaning, it's just the new version of politically correct, another term mostly used as a snarl word by ignorami.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2022, 10:55 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Aspiegaming wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Aspiegaming wrote:

I don't share your hysteric reaction to anything deemed woke, I'm not even entirely sure what woke means, besides anything reactionaries don't approve of (which is to say anything more progressive than the Dark Ages). It's not like it's used with any consistent meaning, it's just the new version of politically correct, another term mostly used as a snarl word by ignorami.

When something becomes woke, it usually done just to check off diversity boxes though the diversity is just done for the sake of marketing rather than organic storytelling. In other words it's Rainbow Capitalism.

Another effect of wokeness is that jokes about certain groups of people are off limits. That's what GTA 6 is gonna do.
Gender jokes - off limits.
Race jokes - off limits.
Sexual orientation jokes - off limits.
Trans jokes - off limits.

Adult humor and offensive humor go so well hand in hand as long as everyone is equally roasted even hetero cis white males.

No one should have a safe space. I know I often sounded like I needed one for myself, but I don't. I'm just trying to defend a series I enjoy.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2022, 11:04 pm

Aspiegaming wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Aspiegaming wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Aspiegaming wrote:

When something becomes woke, it usually done just to check off diversity boxes though the diversity is just done for the sake of marketing rather than organic storytelling. In other words it's Rainbow Capitalism.

Another effect of wokeness is that jokes about certain groups of people are off limits. That's what GTA 6 is gonna do.
Race jokes - off limits.

Adult humor and offensive humor go so well hand in hand as long as everyone is equally roasted even hetero cis white males.

No one should have a safe space. I know I often sounded like I needed one for myself, but I don't. I'm just trying to defend a series I enjoy.

Do jokes have to be about those topics in order to be funny?

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2022, 11:08 pm

Aspiegaming wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Aspiegaming wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Aspiegaming wrote:

Race jokes - off limits.

It sounds like you're complaining that it might have fewer mean-spirited jokes. BFD brah.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う