Page 3 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 26 Aug 2010
Age: 67
Gender: Male
Posts: 30,272
Location: temperate zone

01 Aug 2022, 7:52 pm

shlaifu wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

So...I decided to become...a Gerald Ford terrorist! For the new fanatical extreme-middle-of-the-road! We call ourselves...The "White Stripers"! (after the painted lines in the middle of a road) because we are SO deep ...into the center! :lol:


So... The extreme middle of the road top income tax under Gerald Ford was 70%.
Where would a Gerald-Ford-extreme-middle-terrorist today position himself in relation to that?


Ya mean...Gerald Ford was ...a Pinko Commie !?!?

Dont know how to respond to that!



Minuteman
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

Joined: 23 Jan 2020
Age: 56
Gender: Male
Posts: 180

01 Aug 2022, 9:42 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Minuteman wrote:
The elephant in the room that nobody wants to talk about -- Lots of people will vote for Joe Biden strictly because his name isn't Donald Trump, and lots of people will vote for Donald Trump strictly because his name isn't Joe Biden.


Not exactly.

Biden supporters support Biden because he is not Trump. That part is true.

But Trumpers support Trump because they think Trump is God (we all know that Elvis, Jesus, and both JFK, and JFK Jr. are going to return to Dealey Plaza in Dallas to usher in the new reign of Trump).

So its a contest between Trump hate vs Trump worship. Not between Trump hate and Biden hate.


You're right about 2020. But Biden has been such a trainwreck that some people in 2024 will vote for Trump because he's not Biden.



shlaifu
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 26 May 2014
Age: 39
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,658

02 Aug 2022, 8:20 am

naturalplastic wrote:
shlaifu wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

So...I decided to become...a Gerald Ford terrorist! For the new fanatical extreme-middle-of-the-road! We call ourselves...The "White Stripers"! (after the painted lines in the middle of a road) because we are SO deep ...into the center! :lol:


So... The extreme middle of the road top income tax under Gerald Ford was 70%.
Where would a Gerald-Ford-extreme-middle-terrorist today position himself in relation to that?


Ya mean...Gerald Ford was ...a Pinko Commie !?!?

Dont know how to respond to that!


Q.E.D.

The most Gerald Ford middle of the road from 40 years ago is the "pinko commie" of today.
That's what I mean when I say: no one needs a party between dems and reps, you need a middle-of-the-road-pinko-commie-party.


_________________
I can read facial expressions. I did the test.


Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2008
Age: 65
Gender: Male
Posts: 57,002
Location: Stendec

02 Aug 2022, 8:27 am

A middle-of-the-road party would, by necessity, be a compromise between extreme right-wing Nationalism and extreme left-wing Socialism -- the National Socialist Party.



ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Aug 2013
Age: 65
Gender: Male
Posts: 29,621
Location: Long Island, New York

02 Aug 2022, 8:27 am

naturalplastic wrote:
Minuteman wrote:
The elephant in the room that nobody wants to talk about -- Lots of people will vote for Joe Biden strictly because his name isn't Donald Trump, and lots of people will vote for Donald Trump strictly because his name isn't Joe Biden.


Not exactly.

Biden supporters support Biden because he is not Trump. That part is true.

Agreed. Biden was never loved, just though of correctly as the best guy to beat Trump and blunt the woke insurgency.

naturalplastic wrote:
But Trumpers support Trump because they think Trump is God (we all know that Elvis, Jesus, and both JFK, and JFK Jr. are going to return to Dealey Plaza in Dallas to usher in the new reign of Trump).

Some supporters do think he is God, some support him because he locks in the conservative SCOTUS they want, but IMHO the largest percentage support him to own the libs/deep state/n****rs/kikes/fags/freaks etc. Are they wrong? The man has been out of office and off twitter for a year and a half now yet on most days he or the consequences from him are still in the news if not the top story most days. The amount of attention to him here if it has dropped has not dropped appreciably. The January 6th commission might be necessary but it sure has made him the top news story of the last 2 months.

Minuteman wrote:
You're right about 2020. But Biden has been such a trainwreck that some people in 2024 will vote for Trump because he's not Biden.

Because Trump and so many MAGA candidates are authoritarians with no impulse control it is questionable if they will be enough to swing the election(if the ongoing coup is unsuccessful).


_________________
Professionally Identified and joined WP August 26, 2013
DSM 5: Autism Spectrum Disorder, DSM IV: Aspergers Moderate Severity

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman


ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 15 Sep 2008
Age: 70
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,508

06 Aug 2022, 10:06 am

I can't see it happening. The two big parties have things set up to make it very difficult for a new party to get very far. In the UK the Liberals hardly get any seats. It's nearly all Tory and Labour.

I don't see anything extremely left-wing about the Democrats or the UK Labour Party. I've yet to see a party that seriously questions the free market get very far. As for the Tories and the Republicans, they look somewhat extreme to me, but that's probably because I strongly disapprove of their ideologies. To my mind, you keep trying hard to fix the problem of poverty, until it's fixed.



orrery
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

Joined: 6 Aug 2022
Age: 47
Gender: Female
Posts: 3
Location: Lemnos Academy, Hespera // Occupied Cascadia // Unceded Duwamish Territories

06 Aug 2022, 2:36 pm

"New parties" in the American political system are a pipe dream.

The American voting system -- first past the post, winner-take-all -- will inevitably trend to two increasingly out-of-touch megaparties each attempting to capture that elusive "just over 50%" vote.

Making third parties viable requires reforming the electoral system. Any third-party effort that doesn't start with "how we're going to fix elections to not become instantly irrelevant" is wasting its members' energies.