Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2022, 9:26 am

Am I really defiant? I don't mean to sound like that I have Oppositional Defiant disorder, but I am against authority, but only if authorities are wrong.

DanielW
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2022, 7:26 pm

Anyone can be defiant, especially when treated unfairly or when laws are passed they deem unjust. I don't think it is necessary to pathologize every behavior. There are varying degrees of behavior, not all of it is or needs to be a disorder.

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2022, 9:05 pm

That makes sense. Thank you!

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2022, 8:30 am

The time to worry is when you don't realise that you are doing something that goes agwthe rules

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2022, 8:42 am

That makes sense.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2022, 8:53 am

What is an example of a time where authorities were wrong?

Sometimes what is "right" and "wrong" is subjective

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2022, 9:35 am

I agree.

Pat.C
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

30 Jul 2022, 9:44 am

I am not defiant at all. But I can be incredibly sarcastic and passive aggressive.

Nobody likes me. It's all my fault. I never get a text. Never ever get a call. I cry all the night. Makes me sad, makes me mad. Way too late can't can't make up for it now. All the hate has built up. Sigh. People hate me a lot, People hate my family, People even hate my dog Spot!! ! Yes, even Spot!

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2022, 1:49 pm

That makes sense.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2022, 2:09 pm

I'm not defiant in the traditional sense. It's just that it was always easier for me to live outside of the law because that's what I was always used to. I find it really hard to stay on the straight and narrow. It's been so difficult at times that I've just not lived my life because I've not known how to.

Only in this last year or so I've learned that I can have a really exciting time and stay out of trouble. Its been a learning curve.

Pat.C

30 Jul 2022, 2:13 pm

FranzOren wrote:
That makes sense.

Actually, it doesn't make sense. I can be pretty defiant, in some instances. I'm defiant of social conventions. I'm defiant of laws, if I disagree with them. I can be defiant of people, if I don't like how they operate. I'm defiant of public opinion, if I feel it propaganda and bs. I never wore a mask entire time during coronavirus. I am defiant of expected ways to do things, In my mind it's like "why? why should I do it that way, Why do YOU do it like this? why not another way." And I have a relative, who is willfully defiant, much more than me, and he got fired for disobeying his boss. And would rather party and do drugs.

But other times, I can be totally complacent and non-defiant. Co-operative, an just very polite and friendly. :D

I'm not pathological. I do not have ODD. But I'm also not a pushover. I can have very strong opinions on things, and sometimes I can be uncompromising in my attitude. Even when I know, I am just making enemies for myself, I will still sometimes defy others.

Nobody likes me. It's all my fault. I never get a text. Never ever get a call. I cry all the night. Makes me sad, makes me mad. Way too late can't can't make up for it now. All the hate has built up. Sigh. People hate me a lot, People hate my family, People even hate my dog Spot!! ! Yes, even Spot!

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2022, 3:59 pm

Now this makes sense, thank you!

Pat.C

30 Jul 2022, 4:06 pm

No, Don't thank me, thank you!

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2022, 5:25 pm

You are the most definitely welcome!