Not doing something has made me feel like not doing it

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

chris1989
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2022, 8:55 am

My sister has been moving into her new house down the road from mine today and I woke up and realised she wasn't even around and was probably moving her stuff down to the house. She didn't didn't even ask me to give her a hand and yet my mum's partner then explained to me that he thought I would be helping her out and I didn't really say anything in response. It has just made me now just wonder off back to my room and feel sorry for myself and angry at myself and feeling like as though I'm just an unhelpful and un-empathetic brother and it is as though now it has left me feeling uninterested in doing anything now and just want to stay in this bedroom until the end of the day when I might feel better.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2022, 8:58 am

Just ask her if she needs a hand. It’s not too late.

If she says no, then you’re okay. Then you wouldn’t have to feel sorry for yourself.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2022, 8:59 am

How do you feel about your sister moving out?

chris1989
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2022, 9:08 am

babybird wrote:
How do you feel about your sister moving out?

Fine really, I mean before she had moved back to where I live with her son, she was living with her partner in London so I'm used to her now not being around much.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2022, 9:41 am

Yeah like what Kraftiekortie said really. Also if you get on well with your sister there might be something you could do to help her once she's moved in properly.

It must be nice for you to have your family close by.