Page 4 of 4 [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

nebucasneezer
Butterfly
Butterfly

25 Aug 2022, 12:18 pm

velvet
socks
hair (like if my ponytail rubs on my neck or if I have to touch the ends of my hair)
towel material (I think it's called terrycloth?)
any food with a "stringy" texture: mango, sweet potato, overripe peaches. I will peel the strings off of my string beans.

Earthbound_Alien
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2022, 12:58 pm

bits in the bed

scratch labels

don't feel bruises and cuts except paper cuts

mother. said no sense no feeling lol

loud noise cacaphony too many peepz talking at once

Earthbound_Alien
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2022, 12:59 pm

nebucasneezer wrote:
velvet
socks
hair (like if my ponytail rubs on my neck or if I have to touch the ends of my hair)
any food with a "stringy" texture: mango, sweet potato, overipe peaches. I will peel the strings off of my string beans.

I love rubbing hair

something_witty
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

27 Aug 2022, 3:19 pm

For me, I cannot stand the sound of chalk on chalkboards just thinking of it makes me stimulated. I also do not like the sound that sandpaper makes. It is grating to me and uncomfortable. So I don't know it is odd. But can't stand it. I also am weird about textures like slime that people play with. I do not like that feeling on my hands.

BreathlessJade
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Aug 2022, 9:51 pm

ok i thought of more
I can't stand residue of any kind dry or wet.
i cannot tolerate somebody walking around with something they mean to throw away (ex food bits from sink filter)
reused hankies (like in back pocket)
fake cartoony voices (except for in cartoons)
people leaving outside doors open
a big one is just the enormity of everything in life that has to be done. cleaning, cooking, meds, shower, use, throw -away, bills...and on top of that all the social expectations. i'm so sure id be happier in a small town. or maybe not; everyone knows your business :P

BreathlessJade
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 Aug 2022, 2:31 pm

this doesn't really bother me it's more of a stim/obsession: strands of hair over someone's face. my first scenario: Atrayu Neverending story...i always wanted straight relaxed hair like that first of all, but it was just fascinating and it would happen while he's scared lol so it just intensified...oh to have a mop like that! and that's a hair style now, don't even know what's it's called. i see someone with it once in a while and i just stare in adoration hehe. my hair is crinkly (i honestly cannot stand my hair and anybody touching it.) and i'm not about to relax it til it falls out.

BreathlessJade
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 Aug 2022, 2:33 pm

nebucasneezer wrote:
velvet
socks
any food with a "stringy" texture: mango, sweet potato, overripe peaches. I will peel the strings off of my string beans.

what about celery? it's so uncomfortable to eat. i even saw dehydrated celery and the strings totally creep me out.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2022, 2:42 pm

Elgee wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
I always lay my hand on the outside of the airplane when boarding.
It's a weird good luck thing I've done my whole life.

Doing "weird things" for good luck or to prevent something bad from happening is OCD. In autism doing "weird things" is done either for self-regulation, self-soothing, anxiety/stress, because it feels relaxing or good, or for no known reason.

I didn't explain it very well. It started as a sensory curiosity because I'm very tactile and I wanted to know how the outside of an airplane would feel. Most people never get to touch the outside no matter how often they fly. I thought it would be cold it was warm with the sun on it. I liked the feeling and that's why I still do it on every flight like a stim.

I should have said it was a sensory routine or ritual and not a "good luck thing".

Trachea
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

01 Sep 2022, 2:10 am

I have an issue of feeling water droplets run down on my arms, really freaks me out.

Other than that I have sensory issues with clothes, fabric and food textures, sounds, smells and touch but I don't think they are very odd.

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2022, 2:52 pm

Don't like things touching my feet, which creates issues with shoes and socks.

Also prefer cold food to hot.

Benjamin the Donkey
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2022, 7:37 am

Synthetic smells like detergent, air "fresheners" and the like.

The smell of anything burning, especially tobacco.

Small, tickly touches by hair, fabric, fingertips, etc.

Velvety fabrics.

Large numbers of people talking at the same time, even quietly, especially in a large, echoey room.

The usual annyances--bright lights, loud noises, strong smells in general.

y-pod
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2022, 4:33 am

I can feel food moving through my body easily. I used to be very thin so I thought that was the reason. Now I'm not thin at all and can still feel it. If I have the time to kill I spend a lot of time on the toilet just to get rid of some of the pressure. :o At least I've read a lot of books during that time. :D