Page 1 of 4 [ 60 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2022, 8:00 pm

I cannot stand the feeling of touching velvet material, it's gross and unpleasant.

And my boyfriend though he is NT cannot stand touching the material stove burners are made out of.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2022, 8:12 pm

The smell of chocolate or cocoa gives me migraines and makes me vomit.

I can smell something as small as one chocolate chip in my house.

Sometimes the illness can last for days.

* same with roses, or any cut flowers in the house

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2022, 8:46 pm

Any time I find something that has to do with Germany, I feel a tingle in the right half of my head.

TheOutsider
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

30 Jul 2022, 9:06 pm

I occasionally become unusually overwhelmed when I come across images containing certain patterns or textures. It's random because the same image can cause a variety of reactions from no reaction at all to not being able to sleep for days.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2022, 9:10 pm

I can't stand wearing socks or shoes or having my feet covered by blankets.
I have to sleep with my feet sticking out past the end of the mattress, uncovered.

Because of this I can't have bed sheets tucked in.
I don't even use a top sheet.
I only use a duvet and weighted blanket so my feet can stick out.

Yes my feet end up freezing cold sometimes but it's better than feet claustrophobia.
I don't even think I own any socks, currently.
I can't sleep in a sleeping bag unless it's unzipped like a blanket on top of me.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2022, 4:46 am

I don't like the feel of silk, probably because it reminds me of clothing tags. I seem to have a phobia of clothing tags, I have to cut them out of my clothes even if I can't feel them. I just can't eat knowing the tags are there in my clothes. It makes me literally want to throw up.

I hate living a life with a phobia of clothing tags. It really interferes with my fashion choices.

breadhummus
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

31 Jul 2022, 8:04 am

I hate the texture of wet tissues; the way they rip and stick to things is super upsetting to me :eew: . It took me a long time to be able to enjoy pancakes because the fluffy texture reminded me of tissues ripping.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2022, 10:07 am

I can only notice most scents about one day per month.
I can tell if a surface is electrically "live" with AC without touching a ground and getting a shock.
I can tell which glue to use by touching a surface.
When falling asleep, I am sometimes still conscious when my hearing shuts off. Because it does this without the usual electronic "pop" it startles me awake. This may repeat for several cycles.
Being woken by certain sounds can trigger PTSD.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2022, 4:16 pm

Kitchen sponges.
Hate the sight, texture, smell and sound of them squeaking on dishes.
It makes me feel nauseous.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2022, 4:21 pm

I can't touch bumps on people or animals: cysts, swellings, goose-eggs on foreheads.

My vet is always trying to take my hand to feel lumps on my dog, even tiny ones the size of a pea.

Or my daughter will say "Here, feel this lump on my head ... "

Nope -- not gonna happen. Ever.

Pteranomom
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Aug 2022, 1:06 am

I can't wear contacts, makeup is unpleasant, and I hate having hair touch my face.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2022, 5:56 pm

Odd sensory issues;

I cannot stand certain subtle "shaking" (whether it's physical or visual or even as a 'scent') to a point I cannot play Minecraft for more than 10 minutes without getting sick.

I can handle extreme rumbling or high speed shaking, but not when it's moving by less than inches and slow or supposedly gentle for some reason.

With earplugs... I hate the sound of my breathing. Possibly the closest thing I have for a misophonia.
It's 'heavier' and more overwhelming than the background noise of traffic and loud music.

Probably because it reminds me of my already messed up breathing, which I hate and frustrated over for most of my life.

So if I have to wear earplugs...
Either my breathing has to be clear and slow without any obstructions, or it's loud and overwhelming and sneezing never helps.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2022, 6:16 pm

Edna3362 wrote:
Odd sensory issues;

I cannot stand certain subtle "shaking" (whether it's physical or visual or even as a 'scent') to a point I cannot play Minecraft for more than 10 minutes without getting sick.

I can handle extreme rumbling or high speed shaking, but not when it's moving by less than inches and slow or supposedly gentle for some reason.

With earplugs... I hate the sound of my breathing. Possibly the closest thing I have for a misophonia.
It's 'heavier' and more overwhelming than the background noise of traffic and loud music.

Probably because it reminds me of my already messed up breathing, which I hate and frustrated over for most of my life.

Either my breathing has to be clear and slow without any obstructions, or it's loud and overwhelming and sneezing never helps.

This may not be unusual. People generally tolerate a hard-riding car except for irritation. Soft riding ones without good dampers are likely to cause nausea. Ships at sea have even slower oscillations, giving your inner ear time to follow the motion, and never settle down. People have died from seasickness.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2022, 7:12 pm

Dear_one wrote:
Edna3362 wrote:
Odd sensory issues;

This may not be unusual. People generally tolerate a hard-riding car except for irritation. Soft riding ones without good dampers are likely to cause nausea. Ships at sea have even slower oscillations, giving your inner ear time to follow the motion, and never settle down. People have died from seasickness.

Does this include passively relaxing on a swing or lying on a hammock?

Which is strange. I can tolerate riding ships/boats and long car rides.
I tend to get sick inside closed cars (that are not even moving or turned it's engines on) because of air fresheners, not because of motion. :o

I'd likely get sick relaxing on swings than traveling with vehicles without any aide of meds.
Heck I get sick if someone sat nearby me and tapped their foot or shake their leg fast enough to shake the table I'm using or affect my seat.

Yet I don't get sick on shaking massage chairs. Same applies with being buoyant on water.
Maybe it takes weaker or more subtle than that.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2022, 11:49 am

The smell of almonds in cosmetics almost makes me want to vomit.

I hate it when someone touches my face.

That's already, I believe, all - LUCKILY. I don't have many sensory integration issues as you can see, but unfortunately I have other problems.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2022, 12:01 pm

I used to have sensory issues when I was a child. Dont even remember most of them now.

As an adult the only 'odd' one I can think of is tortellini. Well into a adulthood I didnt like to eat the pasta tortellini because each one looks like a human ear to me. Like chowing down a plate of human ears. But even that one I have kinda gotten over. Tortellinis are designed that way to retain the sauce. Will hafta buy some sometime.

But I have a BIG problem with styrofoam. The look. the feel, and the squeaky sound of it. But I suspect that that might be kinda common.