Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

oklol123
Butterfly
Butterfly

31 Jul 2022, 1:46 pm

i miss everything about old minecraft, everything was much simpler and less overwhelming. i miss the old minecraft youtubers too: stampy, danTDM, explodingTNT, LDshadowlady. yes i know most of them still make content but it's just not the same.

DogOfJudah
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Aug 2022, 12:11 pm

How long ago was 'old minecraft', I played since Beta and stopped perhaps after the combat update. I tried playing after the "Village & Pillage" update and agree it's far too overwhelming now ! !

I much preferred it when you had to remember how to craft everything :(

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2022, 8:12 am

You can still play old Minecraft, depending on how far back you want to go.
I have it on 3DS, 360, and WiiU, and none of them are being updated anymore.

Looks like this is where a lot of them left off: https://minecraft.fandom.com/wiki/Update_Aquatic

You could also run the original disc and not install any updates.

If you want to go REALLY far back, it looks like Minecraft Classic is still up: https://classic.minecraft.net
No survival mode, just creative.

I'm sure PC players have a lot more options for running older versions of Java edition, but I'm not sure if you can legally purchase that one anymore.

PS. It is weird to go back to older versions and not have a run button anymore.

cactusman
Butterfly
Butterfly

28 Aug 2022, 2:39 pm

I often think this. I started with 1.5.2 (java) and still go back and play that.

Although, I do play the latest too.

If anyone is interested in having a 1.5.2 server let me know, I'd be interested. I have a realm now that had friends, but everyone seems to move on, leaving me alone. Well, only seems natural. NTs change interests. ;)

--Basho (translated)

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2022, 5:01 pm

I agree, it's too much now. I used to play a lot on a public server which also had a Tekkit mod server and a Feed The Beast mod server and I always just played vanilla because the modded ones were too much. Now vanilla is just as bad. I liked the restricted pallette of blocks because you had to be really creative to make interesting stuff.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2022, 2:02 pm

I started with 1.2 all the way back in 2011. It was great back then but Minecraft still is today (although I haven't played it in about 8 years)

The old charm of simple Minecraft was great. Much less to worry about and a game where you could switch your brain off.

Tyla
Butterfly
Butterfly

06 Sep 2022, 2:34 pm

I remember the old one, and it'll remain always something nostalgic.

pcgoblin
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2022, 2:34 pm

I started playing Minecraft when it was in Beta. My son, who was in college at the time, introduced it to me. I was so impressed by the areas that he and his roommates built while other players built by blowing things up and pouring lava everywhere. I understand that, but they ruined the server. There was little beauty left and the lava made the server super laggy. Again, this was beta. The last thing my son was working on, before the server was abandoned and taken down, was a enormous colosseum. It was huge, and he wasn't able to finish it once the server was shut down. He didn't seem disappointed, but I was.

I agree, Minecraft has become more complicated. I use to run a server out of my house for my sons and people I worked with. They gradually moved on to other games. I still enjoyed having a server, but it became a little lonely once I was the only player. I'm not a very social person, but it was always nice to run into my co-workers or sons online. There was still social anxiety hosting a server, wanting to do the right thing and make the right decisions. I allowed friends of children of my co-workers on the server, and that did not go well. I'd built a copy of the hospital from Garth Marenghi's Darkplace, and on of them had filled it with dynamite and blew it up. I had to ban them, even though they said their sister used their account and blew it up. :(

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2022, 9:40 pm

pcgoblin wrote:
I'd built a copy of the hospital from Garth Marenghi's Darkplace...

lol, nice.