Page 1 of 4 [ 61 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

nineinchnailsfan93
Raven
Raven

31 Jul 2022, 1:59 pm

So for a while I've used cbd products starting in 2017, and then moved on to cbd flower in 2021. And i find that the full spectrum cbd products such as flower really helps with my symptoms. I wanted to make this thread because i want to see what other aspies think of marijuana in general and if they use it to help with their issues. Id love to hear your guy's input and have a real discussion about it.

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2022, 3:55 pm

I used it recently, (smoked a spliff offered by a friend) and was able to participate in a group chat (as in , in real life) way more normally than usual. I was almost NT.

I usually shut down in groups.

It interferes with other aspects of life so probably wont be using it again. I'm a Christian and didnt have any objections to weed, but I felt like God didnt want me to smoke it anymore. I felt like he said 'this is why' he was describing the events of today (Sunday) before they happened. The church I wanted to go to was shut and i felt ill most of the day.

I take it that either another remedy will be found or I'll just find something else to do other than join in group chats.

DavidJSNSW64
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

31 Jul 2022, 10:36 pm

My problem was mainly booze although I have had wacky tobaccy on various occasions. These days I want to stay free of all mind-altering chemicals unless prescribed. What others do is of course none of my business.

timf
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2022, 6:47 am

The sensory and cognitive inhibiting effect might seem attractive similar to alcohol. However, I always found that I would rather deal with managing full sensory input as preferable to not receiving it.

rse92
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2022, 4:37 pm

I've said it before here. I smoked a boatload of weed for the better part of four years in college and early law school. It changed my life. When I was high I had none of the hang ups I had when I wasn't (which I now know were autistic social anxiety and reciprocity issues).

I don't smoke now and have only smoked three times in the last 37 years. I could get a medical marijuana card in New York state right now because of my ASD diagnosis but I choose not to. I am not sure of its legality status in New York, but I don't think you can easily buy it over the counter.

However, when God willing I retire, I see myself smoking it daily again.

Fern
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2022, 5:04 pm

In my life I have had experiences with... we'll just say some substantial doses of marijuana. Even so, I can't discern an effect on my mood or perception of the world. Everything felt pretty normal.

It did calm my chronic indigestion though. Normally big meals, greasy meals, or very acidic foods (ex. tomato-based dishes) wreak havoc on my digestive system, but on weed, I found pretty much everything easy to eat and digest.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2022, 7:09 pm

AutismComplexPTSD= 8O :wall: :wall: ....AutismComplexPTSD+POT= :D :D :D :D

only with medical advise , :wink:

where ever you go ,there you are

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2022, 9:07 am

Jakki wrote:
AutismComplexPTSD= 8O :wall: :wall: ....AutismComplexPTSD+POT= :D :D :D :D

only with medical advise , :wink:

nice little informative pictogram there

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2022, 12:23 pm

^^^ Once was told a picture is worth a Thousand words^^^
-------------------------------------------- :D -------------------------------------------.

where ever you go ,there you are

nineinchnailsfan93
Raven
Raven

12 Aug 2022, 2:26 pm

rse92 wrote:
I've said it before here. I smoked a boatload of weed for the better part of four years in college and early law school. It changed my life. When I was high I had none of the hang ups I had when I wasn't (which I now know were autistic social anxiety and reciprocity issues).

I don't smoke now and have only smoked three times in the last 37 years. I could get a medical marijuana card in New York state right now because of my ASD diagnosis but I choose not to. I am not sure of its legality status in New York, but I don't think you can easily buy it over the counter.

However, when God willing I retire, I see myself smoking it daily again.

I believe in new york its completely legal there. You would just have to look it up online to show its legal status and theres tons of sites that do that for every state.

Doberdoofus
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2022, 2:57 pm

I don't believe there has been a clinical trial recording the positive benefits of CBD. There is lots of anecdotal evidence suggesting it helps, but it can have adverse effects depending on the individual.

Don't be so eager to be offended. The narcissism of small differences leads to the most boring kind of conformity.

Octomato
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

13 Aug 2022, 11:44 am

It helps me but I don't think it helps my autism it helps my PTSD and reduces my anxiety Marijuana is a tricky subject and everyone will react differently there are also some discords that should stay far away from marijuana like schizophrenia or bipolar because there is risk of it getting worse. But again, its really person to person.
I like it, but I don't use it a lot.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2022, 9:21 pm

I'll forever avoid prescription cannabis, Opiates and any ADHD stimulants (don't have ADHD anyway), due to bad connotations. Never used any of the aforementioned other than when sly nurses have spiked me with Morphine. Nothing to add, I guess. However, most CNS depressants will have some beneficial effect on various symptoms of autism, such as anxiety, sensory hypersensitivity or how easy it is to become overwhelmed from various things.

that1weirdgrrrl
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2022, 3:26 pm

CBD and THC are two different components of marijuana. Full spectrum marijuana contains both THC and CBD. CBD is usually used for pain management, THC is what gets you "high."

I've (personally) had good results with very low doses of THC (5mg or less) for managing anxiety and focus. Doses large enough to get me high tend to make me feel physically ill.

It's legal here, otherwise I wouldn't have tried it.

FallingDownMan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Aug 2022, 2:59 pm

I've found it to be a mixed bag. For me, it is a very big help with anxiety. It also screws with my sensory processing, which if I have to deal with people or other stressful things, it makes things worse. Smoking a little at night makes my next day better. Smoking a little during the day makes things hard to deal with.

AngloIrishGuy
Butterfly
Butterfly

14 Sep 2022, 8:48 am

I like marijuana. Until a few months ago i smoked it like cigarettes. Needless to say I had no money. The problem is, even though it made a lot of things more bearable, my ocd was worse and it was kind of hard to do anything, like play a computer game because id keep restarting it. I havnt smoked it for a while, but Im sure I will again, Im just that sort of guy. I never really give up anything for good. I stopped smoking cigarettes habitually years ago, but im still a social smoker. I gave up meat recently because it has a bad effect on my health (liver problems), but im sure I will eat it again. Now that im thinking about it, I REALLY want to get high lol