What kind of bands and singers do any of you like?

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

catpiecakebutter
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

31 Jul 2022, 4:52 pm

I think the band Nickelback is OK but a lot of people think that band sucks. Is Nickelback a band where people love to hate them just for fun?

19moonwing81
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

31 Jul 2022, 6:19 pm

ATM I love Radiohead, kasabian, foals, tool, tame Impala, KNOW and steely Dan although all time I love pink Floyd, Genesis (tool,foals,kasabian, kglw) and many more. Favorite solo artists r Peter Gabriel and Roger Waters but my taste will always have quirks that u don't expect.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2022, 6:23 pm

Motown!

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2022, 8:47 pm

The broad categories I like are most of the 1960s and early 1970s top 40, what is generally known as "Classic Rock", 1980s and 1990s Alternative/grunge type rock. My favorites fall under the categories of late 1970s to late 1980s New Wave, Post-Punk, and Synthpop. I like many punk rock acts that inspired those genres, particularly Buzzcocks, X, and X-Ray-Spex.

Kate Bush you can't pigeonhole into a genre but she is one of my favorites. I am thrilled at her success in the last few months due to the Netflix show "Stranger Things".

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2022, 9:51 pm

Old German music from the 30s and 40s. Any type of music from the 30s and 40s. I also like some 60s music and jazz as well.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2022, 1:38 pm

Spazz, Converge, Discharge, Celtic Frost, Insect Warfare, Terrorizer, Bolt Thrower, Bongzilla, Saetia, Orchid, I Hate Myself, Darkthrone, His Hero Is Gone, Limp Wrist, Suffocation, Dirty Rotten Imbeciles, The Murder Squad T.O. (the crust band from Toronto), Charles Bronson, Small Brown Bike...

...and that's just some favourite punk and metal acts.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

angeladevidso
Butterfly
Butterfly

31 Aug 2022, 1:01 pm

I generally like upbeat new pop music, but I have a wide range of music I listen to. I enjoy Billie Eilish, Halsey, Khalid and Dua Lipa, but I am also a fan of older singers like Adele, Ed Sheeran, Bruno Mars and Imagine Dragons. My favourite band is probably Panic! At The Disco - I love their unique mix of sounds and styles. As for genres, I usually stick to pop, rock and indie, but I'm open to listening to anything that catches my interest. Basically, if it sounds good, I'll give it a listen!