Page 4 of 10 [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2023, 10:24 am

Nothing lately, but I really need to dig into the 3DS eShop (and maybe WiiU as well) before they close down =(

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2023, 3:17 pm

I purchased a game called Brotato. Looks fun and chaotic.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

Sigi
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

17 Feb 2023, 2:03 pm

yakuza 6, recently bought the whole series.

I love it and sad I ignored it for so long, it's amazing

arekks
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

17 Feb 2023, 3:39 pm

I bought CHAOS;HEAD NOAH because I'm in the mood for a visual novel and enjoyed the sequel well enough.

A couple of weeks ago I also bought a Quest 2 – I was curious about the VR experience – but it feels like looking at a 720i video stream from 2005 through a pair of binoculars that have been smeared up so it feels like you're severely visually impaired. I really underestimated how bad the image quality would be. Probably will Ebay 'em. The Air Link feature is cool though – with a good 5Ghz wifi connection to the router and ethernet to the computer, you can play completely wirelessly and I didn't experience any drops or perceived latency.

old_comedywriter
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2023, 3:50 pm

The last game I bought was Pong.

Readydaer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2023, 3:55 pm

Aspiegaming wrote:
I just bought a Steam Deck.

samesies. mine arrives tomorrow

also the last game I bought was Poison Control i think, but i don't know if it counts since I used Redeem Points to get it for free

arekks
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

21 Feb 2023, 11:09 pm

Readydaer wrote:
Aspiegaming wrote:

How's it going? I was tempted by the Steam Deck, but part of me thinks I could just buy a laptop with a better display and many times more power for the same price.

Update on the Quest 2: I managed to return it, and I bought a Pico 4 instead, and wow. It makes me a lil mad because if I had never used VR before, I'd probably give up on the concept after seeing the Q2. The Pico 4 is incredible. I think a lot of the positive reviews for the Q2, and the negative reviews for the Pico 4, have to be paid. I don't think it's beyond the Zuck to do so

Readydaer
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2023, 8:06 am

arekks wrote:
Readydaer wrote:
Aspiegaming wrote:

How's it going? I was tempted by the Steam Deck, but part of me thinks I could just buy a laptop with a better display and many times more power for the same price.

Update on the Quest 2: I managed to return it, and I bought a Pico 4 instead, and wow. It makes me a lil mad because if I had never used VR before, I'd probably give up on the concept after seeing the Q2. The Pico 4 is incredible. I think a lot of the positive reviews for the Q2, and the negative reviews for the Pico 4, have to be paid. I don't think it's beyond the Zuck to do so

I would definitely recommend it! I bought the 64gb model for price and plan to upgrade the storage with a microsd. I'm having a lot of fun playing the Touhou demos and Rivals of Aether workshop characters. About the laptop thing, I would advise to ignore that part of you, because I looked, and for 400$ (I say 400 because the internal power is the same regardless of storage model I think) there is no laptop even close to the Deck in power, maybe display but I didn't check specifically for that. Anything on par with it is above 6 or 700$. So if you really want one, go for it! People say the battery life stinks but I think that's mostly for giant triple A games, because with the indie games I've been playing it gives upwards of 5 hours. I don't regret the purchase one bit. Hope this helps :)

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2023, 8:57 pm

arekks wrote:

Yeah, I don't really see the appeal...the thing is so big and bulky, might as well just get a laptop.

I've got a teeny, tiny Asus EEE PC netbook that I got for under $100 (probably cheaper now), and that's thing's awesome, but I have little use for something with a lot of power (it doesn't have a lot at all).

Garthilium
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Feb 2023, 10:44 pm

arekks wrote:

I got a Q2 as gift, I do enjoy it but I do get second thoughts about it and the FB stuff seems bleh.

lately I've been playing hogwarts legacy.

arekks
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

22 Feb 2023, 11:55 pm

Garthilium wrote:
arekks wrote:

I got a Q2 as gift, I do enjoy it but I do get second thoughts about it and the FB stuff seems bleh.

The unit I received is so bad that I almost think it might be faulty. There's a very tiny centre point where things are relatively clear, but most of the image is distorted and blurry.

Also can we all agree that the weird mirror where a grey avatar stares back at you is super creepy? That seems specifically like a Zuck creation. I know it's meant to nudge you into making an avatar but that's never going to happen lol

arekks
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

22 Feb 2023, 11:58 pm

Readydaer wrote:
arekks wrote:
Readydaer wrote:
Aspiegaming wrote:

I would definitely recommend it! I bought the 64gb model for price and plan to upgrade the storage with a microsd. I'm having a lot of fun playing the Touhou demos and Rivals of Aether workshop characters. About the laptop thing, I would advise to ignore that part of you, because I looked, and for 400$ (I say 400 because the internal power is the same regardless of storage model I think) there is no laptop even close to the Deck in power, maybe display but I didn't check specifically for that. Anything on par with it is above 6 or 700$. So if you really want one, go for it! People say the battery life stinks but I think that's mostly for giant triple A games, because with the indie games I've been playing it gives upwards of 5 hours. I don't regret the purchase one bit. Hope this helps :)

Nah, you can get laptops with GTX 1650s for super cheap. Maybe even with OLED screens. And that's many times more powerful than the integrated graphics on the Steam Deck.

Readydaer
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2023, 8:21 am

arekks wrote:

Nah, you can get laptops with GTX 1650s for super cheap. Maybe even with OLED screens. And that's many times more powerful than the integrated graphics on the Steam Deck.

where? I sure can't find one for less than 400. And the Steam Deck really isn't that bulky when you get used to it, way smaller and easier than a laptop.

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2023, 12:21 pm

Kirby Return to Dreamland Deluxe.
Like A Dragon: Ishin.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2023, 9:29 am

Pre-ordered the new Zelda that other day B)

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2023, 3:17 pm

I already own them all, but if anyone with a 3DS is interested in trains and/or Japan, all of the Japanese Rail Sim games are on sale right now.