Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

anemoshii
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

31 Jul 2022, 11:57 pm

Hello, my name is Anemoshii and I found this forum while searching for resources about autism. I received my diagnosis about five years ago, though I recently had more official psych testing done recently to see about confirming this as well as testing for ADHD and other things. I was bullied throughout elementary school and I struggled greatly in middle and high school due to severe panic disorder, depression, and social anxiety disorder.

Now my biggest obstacle is the depression. I spent 45 days in residential treatment last fall followed by about 12 weeks combined of day treatment/partial hospitalization. That took up all of fall and winter this past year, and now I’m trying to figure out a job situation. I just finished a coding bootcamp so that’s potentially a field I’ll be getting into, but I’m not feeling very hopeful about it. I’ve had over 25 jobs since I graduated high school and I struggle with keeping them and not impulsively quitting the second I get burned out.

And aside from all that loveliness, I struggle the most with a profound sense of loneliness and isolation. I very much feel I wasn’t meant for this world, that my existence is a mistake, or that I am fundamentally flawed in a way that is incomparable to all human beings who have ever lived. That’s why I joined this forum, because the name of it was so immediately relatable. I’m glad to be here and hopefully will be able to connect with some shared experiences and perspectives with other members.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2022, 9:39 am

Welcome to WP! I hope you find some comfort here.

I am retired now but what I retired from was computers. I understand getting burnt out. Two strategies which might help...though I don't know if they fit your circumstances:

1. I found it pleasant when I could finish a coding assignment then move to a different, dissimilar assignment.

2. I worked for a large company so transfers were possible without losing years-of-service credit for benefits.
=>In ye olden days that used to be useful. I don't know whether it still is.

And,YES, I also immediately thought the name "Wrong Planet" described my life-experience. :alien:

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2022, 2:41 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :)

The_Wolf
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2022, 2:35 am

Greetings Anemoshii and welcome to Wrong Planet - I hope that you will enjoy it here :D

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2022, 9:01 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet. Life can be difficult for people that are different than the mainstream.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2022, 9:49 pm

Welcome to WP!

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2022, 7:03 pm

Welcome to WP! :mrgreen:

Carl Friedrich Gauss
Raven
Raven

14 Aug 2022, 2:13 am

Welcome. I am also new here. But if you just look at the forums or things here;I believe, you can find people like you. You are NOT flawed and your existence is necessary for the world. We all have too many sufferings. But knowing and seeing these same kind of experiences connect a bond even between us. I hope you will find WP beneficial. Because I never encountered a harmful/ disrespectful comment here so far. This is because we have a different brain, I guess.