Page 14 of 16 [ 243 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2022, 8:01 am

Twilightprincess wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
Don’t forget: there are many different types of “good looks.”

And amiability and the ability to not make everything into an argument. And an open personality in general. Enhances a person’s “looks.”

Brooke Shields might be a model….but she can get pretty ugly when she’s not in a good mood.

Yes, ladies!

Pretty is as pretty does. Make sure you are pleasant, agreeable, and always in a good mood so guys will find you pretty. :roll:

F that. I’m myself and if someone doesn’t like that that’s their problem.

(By the way, Brooke Shields is always pretty.)

His post was totally gender-neutral.

You want to argue just for the sake arguing only.

I thought it was directed more towards women because it mentioned Brooke Shields.

Stating my opinion is not arguing. I’m free to do that.

No but because he is a male, and it's becoming apparent that you are misandrist.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2022, 8:03 am

I have made no misandrist comments in this thread.

It has nothing to do with KK being male. I would have a problem with that comment no matter what.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2022, 8:05 am

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2022, 8:25 am

Of course, obviously, men can be ugly, too, despite model looks, if theyre lousy in other ways.

I never, ever said that a woman always has to be in a good mood….How can I expect that? It would be nice for all genders if people would be in a decent mood more often than in a lousy one

I was more commenting about looks being superficial.

If anyone would bother to get to know me, they would know that I’m a strong advocate for feminism.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2022, 8:28 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Of course, obviously, men can be ugly, too, despite model looks, if theyre lousy in other ways.

I never, ever said that a woman always has to be in a good mood….How can I expect that.

I was more commenting about looks being superficial.

If anyone would bother to get to know me, they would know that I’m a strong advocate for feminism.

I believe you. It’s just a bit cringey to say that Brooke Shields can be “pretty ugly when she’s not in a good mood.”

Do you find other people ugly when they are in bad moods?

That sounds superficial to me.

Last edited by TwilightPrincess on 07 Aug 2022, 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2022, 8:31 am

They can seem ugly when they take their bad mood out on me.

I can look pretty ugly when I’m in a lousy mood.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2022, 8:33 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
They can seem ugly when they take their bad mood out on me.

I can look pretty ugly when I’m in a lousy mood.

For me, looks are fairly static unless one has had a very rough night or is in a drunken rage or something.

I don’t usually think of people as being ugly.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2022, 8:38 am

Twilightprincess wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Well I do agree.Because I would not go out with a woman who was nice but was unattractive.Looks are a big part of the equation for me.I would only be completely compatible with someone who was nice and really attractive.

Let's wait for the outrage :lol:

Do you have something of substance to say or are you just trolling?

This thread was about looks and dating and I was just giving my thoughts.I would not date someone who was not attractive.I was just agreeing with the OP.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2022, 8:39 am

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Well I do agree.Because I would not go out with a woman who was nice but was unattractive.Looks are a big part of the equation for me.I would only be completely compatible with someone who was nice and really attractive.

This thread was about looks and dating and I was just giving my thoughts.I would not date someone who was not attractive.I was just agreeing with the OP.

My comment was not directed at you.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2022, 8:41 am

I look a lot better with a neutral or smiley look than with a frown or scowl.

I look older when I’m in a lousy mood, too.

Last edited by kraftiekortie on 07 Aug 2022, 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2022, 8:42 am

Twilightprincess wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:

Oh sorry for the confusion.My bad.Sorry for getting confused.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2022, 8:45 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I look a lot better with a neutral or smiley look than with a frown or scowl.

I look older when I’m in a lousy mood, too.

A genuine smile is nice, but I don’t think that smiling just for the sake of smiling is especially attractive.

I think authenticity is attractive. I’m not going to find someone less attractive if they are frowning, crying, or whatever.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2022, 8:47 am

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:

Oh sorry for the confusion.My bad.Sorry for getting confused.

It’s cool.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2022, 9:06 am

Twilightprincess wrote:

It has nothing to do with KK being male. I would have a problem with that comment no matter what.

I wouldn't say you're misandrist, but you appear to take this thread particularly personally and other women who posted seem to share mutual views to you.

It's just a fact that looks and appearance triggers an immediate human instinct to judge in most men and women (my personal opinion). Eating 3400 calories a day and having a body that shows it just doesn't appeal to me. The lack of personal self care usually predates the poor looks and lack of self care tells me there is a problem somewhere. I would never date a morbidly obese woman for that reason. I done it once and I wouldn't do it again.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2022, 9:11 am

Nades wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:

I wouldn't say you're misandrist, but you appear to take this thread particularly personally and other women who posted seem to share mutual views to you.

It's just a fact that looks and appearance triggers an immediate human instinct to judge in most men and women (my personal opinion). Eating 3400 calories a day and having a body that shows it just doesn't appeal to me. The lack of personal self care usually predates the poor looks and lack of self care tells me there is a problem somewhere. I would never date a morbidly obese woman for that reason. I done it once and I wouldn't do it again.

KK’s comment had nothing to do with weight. I don’t think he cares that much about it based on comments he’s made in the past.

I’m not sure why you’re still bringing that topic up.

I am certain, however, that obese women wouldn’t want to date you, either, so it all works out.

(Making moral judgments based on a person’s weight is offensive and worthy of backlash. It would be less offensive to say: “Personal fitness is important to me” or something like that rather than denigrate an obese woman’s character.)

Last edited by TwilightPrincess on 07 Aug 2022, 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2022, 9:27 am

Twilightprincess wrote:
Nades wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:

KK’s comment had nothing to do with weight. I don’t think he cares that much about it based on comments he’s made in the past.

I’m not sure why you’re still bringing that topic up.

I am certain, however, that obese women wouldn’t want to date you, either, so it all works out.

You take this so personally.