Page 15 of 16 [ 243 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2022, 9:31 am

Nades wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:
Nades wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:
I have made no misandrist comments in this thread.

It has nothing to do with KK being male. I would have a problem with that comment no matter what.

I wouldn't say you're misandrist, but you appear to take this thread particularly personally and other women who posted seem to share mutual views to you.

It's just a fact that looks and appearance triggers an immediate human instinct to judge in most men and women (my personal opinion). Eating 3400 calories a day and having a body that shows it just doesn't appeal to me. The lack of personal self care usually predates the poor looks and lack of self care tells me there is a problem somewhere. I would never date a morbidly obese woman for that reason. I done it once and I wouldn't do it again.

KK’s comment had nothing to do with weight. I don’t think he cares that much about it based on comments he’s made in the past.

I’m not sure why you’re still bringing that topic up.

I am certain, however, that obese women wouldn’t want to date you, either, so it all works out.

You take this so personally.

Calling a spade a spade is not “taking it personally.”

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2022, 9:32 am

Twilightprincess wrote:
Nades wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:
Nades wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:
I have made no misandrist comments in this thread.

It has nothing to do with KK being male. I would have a problem with that comment no matter what.

I wouldn't say you're misandrist, but you appear to take this thread particularly personally and other women who posted seem to share mutual views to you.

It's just a fact that looks and appearance triggers an immediate human instinct to judge in most men and women (my personal opinion). Eating 3400 calories a day and having a body that shows it just doesn't appeal to me. The lack of personal self care usually predates the poor looks and lack of self care tells me there is a problem somewhere. I would never date a morbidly obese woman for that reason. I done it once and I wouldn't do it again.

KK’s comment had nothing to do with weight. I don’t think he cares that much about it based on comments he’s made in the past.

I’m not sure why you’re still bringing that topic up.

I am certain, however, that obese women wouldn’t want to date you, either, so it all works out.

You take this so personally.

Calling a spade a spade is not “taking it personally.”

You still seem to take it personally.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2022, 9:40 am

Nades wrote:

Do people need to “take things personally” in order to stand up for other people or to speak out about problematic outlooks?

I don’t think that’s the case.

In any case, it doesn’t matter in the context of this thread. People are free to state their opinions as they see fit as long as no rules are broken.

Last edited by TwilightPrincess on 07 Aug 2022, 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2022, 9:47 am

Absolutely. A fake smile LOOKS fake.

I’ve been in relationships where somebody is always in a bad mood…..no matter how much you try to help this person. Or express empathy, sympathy, attempt to provide an ear, etc. These people have been physically attractive.

And I’ve been in relationships where a plain-looking person always sought to see the positive aspect of things. This made her easier to get along with. When this person smiled genuinely, the whole room lit up.

It’s just not pleasant being around a person whose bad mood is constant within all situations. It’s like living in a minefield when the simplest thing could be interpreted negatively.

Last edited by kraftiekortie on 07 Aug 2022, 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2022, 9:52 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
It’s just not pleasant being around a person whose bad mood is constant within all situations.

Often, people who have depression struggle with this, and it’s not something they can fully control. It is difficult to date people who are depressed, and it would probably be a good idea for such individuals to work on improving their mental state before dating.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2022, 9:52 am

Twilightprincess wrote:
Nades wrote:

Do people need to “take things personally” in order to stand up for other people or to speak out about problematic outlooks?

Ideally they shouldn't take things personally and ideally they should understand that if a man sees an obese woman, then they can assume that said individual has eaten too many calories and doesn't care as much about their health than a slim woman.

Assuming this is not a problematic outlook. It's just a fact and you took issue with it. There are other members here who choose there words very carefully on this thread and you still take issue with what they say.

The whole vibe of most of your responses just seem like you taken it all personally.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2022, 9:58 am

Nades wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:
Nades wrote:

Ideally they shouldn't take things personally and ideally they should understand that if a man sees an obese woman, then they can assume that said individual has eaten too many calories and doesn't care as much about their health than a slim woman.

Oh, but you didn’t just say that. You made all sorts of claims about obese women’s character. A person doesn’t have to take things personally in order to critique that mindset.

Quote:
There are other members here who choose there words very carefully on this thread and you still take issue with what they say.

We may have different perceptions here.

Quote:
The whole vibe of most of your responses just seem like you taken it all personally.

If you don’t like them, you don’t have to read or respond to them.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2022, 10:04 am

Nades wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:
Nades wrote:
Until then it's above the skin. An obese person can have a heart of gold but I'll still find them physically unattractive and at first glance my attention would be drawn to the smiling attractive woman over a smiling obese woman.

I've not had the same experience.

My comments are applicable because I'm demonstrating that looks aren't always as important when it comes to likability as some would assume.

People can be unlikable in any shape or appearance. That said, I've found attractive people (I mean women) better able to control their emotions and behaviour. When I see fights outside clubs involving women, it's usually the chunky types. I rarely see two models bashing each other around the head with a handbags.

I also find they carry themselves with more class when I meet them with the exception being one of my close friends who decided to start a game of who started spitting on me. I just spat back a few times and won the game (whatever it was)

Quote:
This is probably why looks matter to some when assessing people. When I see someone obese I think "What else have they let slip?" Just what I honestly think.

Quote:
I find obese people have less emotional maturity and are less driven.

These are the sorts of offensive comment I’m talking about although there are many others. They are hurtful AND unnecessary.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2022, 10:08 am

Twilightprincess wrote:
Nades wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:
Nades wrote:
Until then it's above the skin. An obese person can have a heart of gold but I'll still find them physically unattractive and at first glance my attention would be drawn to the smiling attractive woman over a smiling obese woman.

I've not had the same experience.

My comments are applicable because I'm demonstrating that looks aren't always as important when it comes to likability as some would assume.

People can be unlikable in any shape or appearance. That said, I've found attractive people (I mean women) better able to control their emotions and behaviour. When I see fights outside clubs involving women, it's usually the chunky types. I rarely see two models bashing each other around the head with a handbags.

I also find they carry themselves with more class when I meet them with the exception being one of my close friends who decided to start a game of who started spitting on me. I just spat back a few times and won the game (whatever it was)

Quote:
This is probably why looks matter to some when assessing people. When I see someone obese I think "What else have they let slip?" Just what I honestly think.

Quote:
I find obese people have less emotional maturity and are less driven.

These are the sorts of offensive comment I’m talking about although there are many others. They are hurtful AND unnecessary.

What I see an experienced personally is exactly that. If find if someone takes pride in their looks they take pride in most aspects of their life.

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2022, 10:14 am

This thread has gotten to be a circus. There are a couple of people here, one in particular, who aren't really playing with a full deck although they may not come across that way in this forum. Others whose opinion I respect however I don't necessarily agree with all their opinions but don't think they should be attacked for expressing them. And others of whom I could say I quite honestly don't know what their deal is.

Maybe there are other threads like this but somehow this one stands out. If you happen to live in the Eastern US maybe it's time you had another cup of coffee.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2022, 10:15 am

It’s caffeine soda for me :P

Can’t stand coffee!

I seek to play with a Royal Flush. Playing with all 52 is a waste of space.

Last edited by kraftiekortie on 07 Aug 2022, 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2022, 10:16 am

Nades wrote:
What I see an experienced personally is exactly that. If find if someone takes pride in their looks they take pride in most aspects of their life.

Oh okay. Your stance regarding obese women’s moral character is based on personal opinion and lacks true substance or merit.

Thanks for the clarification.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2022, 10:26 am

Twilightprincess wrote:
Nades wrote:
Oh okay. Your stance regarding obese women’s moral character is based on personal opinion and lacks true substance or merit. Thanks for the clarification.
Be that as it may, I have observed the same correlative behavior many times — If someone takes pride in their looks they also seem to take pride in many other aspects of their life.

Of course, this does not preclude someone being obsessed with their appearance due to deep-seated insecurity.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2022, 10:31 am

Fnord wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:
Nades wrote:
Oh okay. Your stance regarding obese women’s moral character is based on personal opinion and lacks true substance or merit. Thanks for the clarification.
Be that as it may, I have observed the same correlative behavior many times — If someone takes pride in their looks they also seem to take pride in many other aspects of their life.
Have you seen this quote (and others):
Quote:
I've found attractive people (I mean women) better able to control their emotions and behaviour. When I see fights outside clubs involving women, it's usually the chunky types. I rarely see two models bashing each other around the head with a handbags

As individuals who have been marginalized ourselves in some way, one would think we’d be above denigrating other people who are also marginalized.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2022, 10:38 am

Twilightprincess wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:
Nades wrote:
Have you seen this quote (and others):
Quote:
I've found attractive people (I mean women) better able to control their emotions and behaviour. When I see fights outside clubs involving women, it's usually the chunky types. I rarely see two models bashing each other around the head with a handbags

As individuals who have been marginalized ourselves in some way, one would think we’d be above denigrating other people who are also marginalized.

Something, somewhere, causes people to overeat more often than not it seems. This "something" often comes in the form of baggage of some description. Not only that but completely excluding the cause, the obesity and body image issues is a major obstacle with many people and no amount of "you look pretty" ever seems to solve it. Only proactively losing weight can.

I have to draw a line when people insist on having sex in the pitch dark because they weigh 300 pounds. Ive honestly tried to accept obese people for who they are but I just keep running into endless problems that more attractive women rarely have.

And I've honestly never seen two attractive women at each others throats. What I observe isn't my fault.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2022, 10:42 am

Nades wrote:
And I've honestly never seen two attractive women at each others throats. What I observe isn't my fault.

Personal observation is too limited and subject to bias to say anything about the entire, obese, female population. I try to avoid making similar judgment calls based on similarly limited evidence.

I don’t have an issue about your personal preferences when it comes to dating. The hurtful comments are just not necessary IMO.