Page 4 of 4 [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2022, 2:14 pm

KitLily wrote:
The other thing is, when kids are ill they always want Mummy, not Daddy. So Mummy ends up staying at home/ getting up in the night to look after them. That's another reason mothers stay at home with sick kids more.

This is not always the case. My nephew always wanted his dad.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2022, 2:15 pm

Twilightprincess wrote:
KitLily wrote:
The other thing is, when kids are ill they always want Mummy, not Daddy. So Mummy ends up staying at home/ getting up in the night to look after them. That's another reason mothers stay at home with sick kids more.

Why am I not surprised :lol: :lol:

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2022, 2:16 pm

KitLily wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:
KitLily wrote:

Why am I not surprised :lol: :lol:

I don't get it.

What do you mean?

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2022, 3:16 pm

I try to avoid working with two girls that I was working with before because I realized they were just using me so they had to do less. I did a lot of things to help them (like I do with everyone because I like helping people), and eventually they would ask me to do stuff and then just walk off without assisting me to do stuff they actually wanted to do. I don't go out of my way to help them much now and now they get an attitude at me all the time.

FleaOfTheChill
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2022, 5:40 pm

Team player? Nah. I never was any good at that. Back when I was in school, kids always wanted to be on my team because they knew I would end up doing everything and they could sit back and slack off. :lol: I never trusted any of them to do what needed to be done and I used to really care about my grades, so yeah...was not leaving my grade up to anyone else. I'd like to say I got better about that as an adult, but I still don't trust other people do things the way I think they ought to be done and prefer to just do it myself. That's not a gripe about other people and their abilities or lack thereof, more like a poke at myself for being a control freak. I suck like that sometimes.

PhosphorusDecree
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2022, 5:59 pm

I work much better on my own. But in terms of motivation, I care more about being useful to the team than I do self-promotion.

SpiralingCrow
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2022, 5:08 am

I tend to be a lone wolf, although I can work in groups. The only issues that I have with working in groups is not having clear role, being micro-managed and overbearing personalities that overshadow me.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2022, 11:40 am

HeroOfHyrule wrote:
I try to avoid working with two girls that I was working with before because I realized they were just using me so they had to do less. I did a lot of things to help them (like I do with everyone because I like helping people), and eventually they would ask me to do stuff and then just walk off without assisting me to do stuff they actually wanted to do. I don't go out of my way to help them much now and now they get an attitude at me all the time.

You can avoid some people some of the time

You can't avoid everyone all the time

It seems like almost every time I have to do group work, either I do everything, someone has the nerve to tell you that I did nothing, or someone micromanages me

Or they use the wrong pronoun or name

Or they overreact

And So It Goes
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2022, 5:52 am

I'm primarily comfortable working as a Lone Wolf, but am a slow-burner when it comes to team work.

If I've worked with the same group of people for a while, and have taken the time to build up my confidence around them, I try to aspire to be a Team Player in such circumstances. Though this rarely plays out in my favour, I'm still given a chance to contribute despite my shortcomings, knowing who to surround myself with after years of trial and error.

"And I've embraced the calamity, with a detachment and a passive disinterest."

"I hear voices...But I ignore them and just carry on killing."

y-pod
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2022, 3:30 am

I don't know. I'd like to be surrounded by a couple henchmen to follow my orders. :D If I get rich I'll hire some "assistants". For now my family members would do. :lol: I guess I'm not a team player but definitely not a do everything myself person either.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2022, 6:57 am

y-pod wrote:
I don't know. I'd like to be surrounded by a couple henchmen to follow my orders. :D If I get rich I'll hire some "assistants". For now my family members would do. :lol: I guess I'm not a team player but definitely not a do everything myself person either.

I like the idea of henchmen! It makes me think of that Austin Powers film :lol:

Fern
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2022, 11:58 am

babybird wrote:
Do you like to work as part of a team or on your own or do you enjoy the best of both worlds?

Sometimes it feels like I get the worst of both worlds. :?