Page 1 of 4 [ 60 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2022, 9:28 am

Do you like to work as part of a team or on your own or do you enjoy the best of both worlds.

For me personally I get a lot out of working as part of a team. I enjoy being part of a joint effort to achieve a goal. Also I do enjoy my own company as well where I can just clear my head and recharge my battery. So I like the best of both worlds.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2022, 9:30 am

I’ve been praised for being a team player, but I prefer to be a lone wolf. I do like being able to help others, though.

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2022, 9:33 am

When it comes to detailed work, i like to work alone and not have someone looking over my shoulder critiquing. I had a job previously where I was the only programmer. I could get results fast, which they liked. I had a lot of experience programming but that particular language I learnt on the job. So it wasnt always the best way of doing things under the hood.
I studied some books on that language, then i was able to do things close to the proper way. I just did all this without telling anyone and it worked out.

That being said , if i were part of a team where they were not too overbearing it would be fine.

When it comes to doing unpaid work , working in a team is great to share the workload.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2022, 9:40 am

I find that I bond with people really easily when working in a team. It becomes where work isn't actually work when that happens.

When I'm on my own doing DIY stuff I can sometimes lose myself which is good.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2022, 10:05 am

Machiavelli once said, "Among wolves, be the fox; and among foxes, be the wolf" (or something like that).

I can be a "Team Player", but only if I can derive some personal benefit from doing so.

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2022, 10:09 am

I'm pretty much a lone wolf in general, but I'll be willing to work with others when the situation demands it.

And it HAS to be with a group of people who ACTUALLY understands me and those of my condition.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2022, 10:10 am

I work OK in both worlds. I clean a coach on my own but I wouldn't mind if someone else cleaned the same coach with me, as long as they are a team player.

I like doing work where you can chat to your colleagues who you get along with. I remember at a voluntary job I used to do there was about 4 of us all working around a table sorting through donations, and it was the sort of work you can do and chat at the same time. It was great fun, we all had a laugh. It was a shame a cliquey manager got hired and took on cliquey volunteers who drove me out of there.

Caz72
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2022, 10:18 am

lone wolf

i dont get on with other people and if i had to work with others i have to have everything my way and they dont like it

i drive a bus so im alone in my cab of the bus all day which i like

dealing with the public is easier for me than dealing with coworkers

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2022, 2:59 pm

Lone Wolf......HOWWWWWWLLLLLL!! !! !

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2022, 3:54 pm

Lone wolf

Usually in group work at school, one student did either everything or nothing, and we made it look like everyone did work

Too many lil dipshits had the nerve to bark at me that I didn't do any work

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2022, 4:08 pm

Lone wolf all the way.

jared11235
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Aug 2022, 6:01 pm

Lone wolf. When I must work with a team, I've learned to rely on the NT type folks for social tasks like cross-team interaction and such while I do more of the project implementation tasks that tend to allow for more independent work.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2022, 6:18 pm

I lack the communication skills to work effectively as a group, and I’d much rather make a plan and get it all done myself. I don’t do collaboration well, and that way I’m not slowing anyone else down and no one else is slowing me down. Probably not best for time constraints, but most effective in getting the job done well.

So another lone wolf here.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2022, 6:24 pm

Some of both. But more lone wolf I suppose.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2022, 7:35 pm

Loner

I can work with another loner well enough, though.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2022, 8:22 pm

I enjoy the best of both worlds. I can be a team player or a lone wolf.