A Serious Question - Why Shouldn't We Despise NT's?

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Peter A.
Butterfly
Butterfly

04 Aug 2022, 4:54 am

I'm not asking this to be in any way controversial or confrontational, but it seems to me as though there is a kind of taboo around this particular topic, and I want to know why.
Apparently, it isn't "nice" to hate the very people who for most of our lives deliberately went out of their way to patronise, misunderstand, gaslight and bully us. The constant abuse, which while I was in school was not only tolerated by the teachers but encouraged, the way so many of us were ostracised for no good reason at all, by virtually everyone while we were growing up, students and teachers alike, and how even now so many of us are (for example) deliberately discriminated against when it comes to employment (the rumour is that approx. 85% of us are either unemployed or underemployed, which is truly horrific if true). I've also heard that our average life expectancy is a mere 38 years!
We're more likely to be the victims of violent crimes (including being shot by the police), commit suicide, and suffer complete mental breakdowns. We hear so much about other disadvantaged groups, how "black lives matter", but no one seems to care about Aspie lives. Why is that?

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2022, 5:06 am

I don't know if there's any specific rule. I just think the conversation has been done over and over again and there is never any real resolution to it.

I was always under the impression that this is a support site and not a place to spread hatred against people.

I do agree though that some people's lives have been made extremely difficult due to having aspergers syndrome and sometimes it may have been because of NT people.

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2022, 5:14 am

It's understandable to hate an oppressor group if you are oppressed.

I think there is no harm in that as long as you are not "acting out" on your hate. Channeling that hate to point out the injustices and mistakes other people make, is constructive.
But obviously if you get overly attached to your hatred it is unhealthy for both yourself and others.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

04 Aug 2022, 5:27 am

! Cornflake wrote:
Peter A. wrote:
I'm not asking this to be in any way controversial or confrontational, but it seems to me as though there is a kind of taboo around this particular topic, and I want to know why.
Ask yourself how you'd feel about anyone despising you for any reason.

This is a support site; attempting to incite or spread hatred of others is not permitted.

Locked.