Revisiting the speed dating subject

Page 3 of 6 [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2022, 4:23 pm

Fnord wrote:
Too bad that some men seem to think that all they have to do is say the right words to any woman and "bang", they have a girlfriend, regardless of how the man looks or behaves.

Then they blame it on “women being too picky” when they fail to express comparable interest.

It’s not flattering when a person appears so desperate for a relationship that he or she constantly pushes for one regardless of compatibility and with little interest in the other’s character traits or personality.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2022, 4:35 pm

I would say:

Be yourself, talk about your hobbies and all that.

And please don’t be devastated if it doesn’t work out on this day.

It’s probably not you if you don’t succeed. It’s probably not the woman, either.

It’s an artificial situation.

But I still wish you luck. And you WILL succeed some day, even if it’s not tomorrow.

Muse933277
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2022, 6:03 pm

Yeah what Kraftie says. The worst thing you can do is let rejection get to you because YOU WILL GET REJECTED. Dating is a cut throat world and if you let rejection get to you, it’s only going to make you bitter.

I hope you find someone within the next year or two, I really do. Because if you don’t, the longer you go, the more bitter you will become.

Muse933277
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2022, 7:41 pm

Twilightprincess wrote:

So that one girl you dated is representative of the entire sorority (and young women) population? :roll:

Not all sorority girls are like that BUT the kind of people who join sororities (at least the party type sororities) tend to be the kind of people who like to drink, party, go to bars, and get "totally wasted every Saturday". Hookup and "bro" culture is highly prominent in greek life as well and when it comes to casual dating or hooking up, it's more of an emphasis on surface level qualities such as looks and charm.

I highly doubt most autistic guys would be compatible with sorority girls anyways. Autistic men tend to be, no offence, but nerdy, introverted, and less likely to take care of their physical appearance, while sorority girls tend to be the complete opposite. Sorority girls and autistic men are rarely a good match, which is why I have never seen an autistic man dating one, and iv'e known 50+ men on the spectrum.

Your best bet is to stay in your lane and go for women relatively similar to you.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2022, 8:54 pm

The majority of college girls…..are not sorority girls.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2022, 9:09 pm

Not every sorority is a "party sorority." Not every girl in a sorority matches your description. This is stereotyping.

Where_am_I
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2022, 9:15 pm

You could ask them fun questions like:

Describe yourself in three words.

Who is your biggest inspiration and why.

Their favourite film, book, actor, food etc.

Three people (dead or alive) they'd like to be stuck on an island with.

I've never been to a speed dating event....if I did, I'd ask questions like these (including asking them about their hobbies and interests).

Best of luck!

CubsBullsBears
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2022, 8:09 pm

Well, it happened. Talked with 4 different women. Sounds like I won’t know until Monday if anyone picked me for “romance” or “friendship or neither. A few things about what I talked about:

During the last 2, they had stated something which had prompted me to talk about things related to autism and I even told the last one that I had a more mild autism(although I could’ve said that I have Asperger’s instead).

I made it a point to ask about their careers and what not and to mention what I do(delivering pizzas at Papa John’s)

I also showed my goofy side, sayings how I like make puns and what not out of peoples names.

So yeah, that’s all I can think of at the moment. From here I’ll have to wait.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2022, 8:13 pm

Fingers crossed!

:wink: Not that I believe in that sorta thing, eh?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2022, 8:45 pm

Good luck, Chicago Teams! :)

Muse933277
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2022, 1:25 am

CubsBullsBears wrote:
Well, it happened. Talked with 4 different women. Sounds like I won’t know until Monday if anyone picked me for “romance” or “friendship or neither.

Good luck mate and like I have mentioned before, if you get rejected by all of the women in attendance, please don't let it get to your head.

There's a good chance you will get rejected and yes it will hurt, in fact it may even hurt like hell, but you put yourself out there, took a risk, and that is something you should always be proud of. Rejection is better than regret.

I'm not going to say this will happen, but let's just say that you show up to this event and you really hit it off with one girl and you two wind up dating each other for years and have lots of passionate sex. In fact, you like her so much, that you decide to marry her after a couple years of being together. Well guess what? Had you never even showed up to the event, had you never even struck up a conversation with her because you thought she was too hot for you or she would have rejected you anyways, then all of this would have never happened. Your "perfect match", the perfect match who you never knew even existed, lost forever because you never took a chance. This is why rejection is better than regret.

Muse933277
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2022, 5:29 pm

So did you meet anybody?

CubsBullsBears
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2022, 11:53 pm

Muse933277 wrote:
So did you meet anybody?
tomorrow is when I should find out the results.

CubsBullsBears
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2022, 1:25 pm

That “wait” I mentioned earlier is over. Not one iota from any of them. Not even for friendship, which was another option for everyone. I quickly decided to pick all 4 women I talked to for both romance AND friendship just because I wanted to see if any of them had at least picked me for that. I must’ve sucked soooo much for me to end up with that result.

The matchmaking company is having a karaoke night this Friday, which luckily my work schedule will allow me to go to. We’ll see how things will go in a different setting with maybe more people.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2022, 1:38 pm

CubsBullsBears wrote:
That “wait” I mentioned earlier is over. Not one iota from any of them. Not even for friendship, which was another option for everyone. I quickly decided to pick all 4 women I talked to for both romance AND friendship just because I wanted to see if any of them had at least picked me for that. I must’ve sucked soooo much for me to end up with that result.

The matchmaking company is having a karaoke night this Friday, which luckily my work schedule will allow me to go to. We’ll see how things will go in a different setting with maybe more people.
Bummer, dude!

Keep trying, though, because hitting it off with a stranger is like telemarketing, in than a 1% success rate is considered outstanding.  After that, dating is like a series of job interviews with the same person -- eventually you may both reach an agreement.

But Keep Trying!

:D

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2022, 6:10 pm

This just might be a better situation for you, Chicago Teams Guy!

Music is frequently an "icebreaker."