Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

The_Wolf
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2022, 12:12 am

Hello all :)

I have been a volunteer firefighter for just over eight years now and have been asked by my employer, Fire and Emergency New Zealand, to help create a Diversity and Inclusion Network that will help those people who are neurodivergent that want to be volunteer firefighters in my area. Furthermore, I have also been invited to be the Neurodivergent Representative on another workgroup to help Fire and Emergency New Zealand become more inclusive and open to the neurodivergent community.

It has taken quite a few years, but I am finally glad everything has come together, and the fire service sees me as the one who can get out there and be the drawcard for autistic persons across New Zealand, so they can see that they can step up to protect their communities like I am doing like every other New Zealander is able to.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2022, 3:18 am

Congratulations

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2022, 2:58 pm

Congratulations!

Keep up the good work!