Page 1 of 4 [ 61 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

HankPym
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Aug 2007, 10:59 pm

...I spent 'most all of myy SSI/D money on some clothes and suitcases and reading matter , which I am dragging around with me , which , being homeless , and , it being rather chilly here now...
My OCDish obsession with " being clean " when touching " certain things "...

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2007, 11:04 pm

when I was homless in Berkeley. . I would sneek up to the roofs of some shop and sleep there. It was a break from the park and out of the doorways. You gotta get up early, though.
my heart goes out to ya, HankPym

Merle

HankPym
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Aug 2007, 11:44 pm

Wellthank you . Thank you! Perhapps I should go be HL , if indeed tht iswhat I must,for the moment anyhow? in Berk.
The thing is...I don't make enough cash to get a full "good" apartment and stuff and the social services people are sick of memore or less
I do want affection/touching ,is that " really" an Aspie desire?
Maybe Aspie-ness is an identity I tried to have, as others.Maybe I am one though.

alexbeetle
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2007, 3:26 am

wanting to be touched, liking being touched and knowing how to cope with being touched are different things...

It might look like I'm doing nothing, but at the cellular level I'm really quite busy.

woodsman25
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

08 Aug 2007, 4:17 am

Hank man, I swear to God I was thinking about you today at work, I had not seen ya online in a while and sure enought I come home, decide I dont feel like sleeping (its 5:15am here) and here ya are.

They definatly dont give ya enough to live on, but seriously, you cant get an efficency??

Your first few mounths you will be broke as a joke getting settled in, but I know, after a while it gets easier. You will have a little more disposible income once you are settled and done getting whatever you need to get. You have to have enough for that... food. Just look around, ask the gov't or whoever for assistance.

You are in California? It will get cooler at night in the coming mounths, its still usually nice their all year round (compaired to ny) but Id love to hear sometime soon that you have a roof over your head. Its s start into turning your life around.

If you were around here id hook ya up for a little, help a bro out, i dont want roommates but if I saw ya id help ya do what I could man.

Good luck!

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2007, 4:27 am

HankPym wrote:
Wellthank you . Thank you! Perhapps I should go be HL , if indeed tht iswhat I must,for the moment anyhow? in Berk.
The thing is...I don't make enough cash to get a full "good" apartment and stuff and the social services people are sick of memore or less
I do want affection/touching ,is that " really" an Aspie desire?
Maybe Aspie-ness is an identity I tried to have, as others.Maybe I am one though.

Well, with ME, AS is something where I can look back on my life and go WOW! I DID/DO act like that! My emotions WERE/ARE like that! Emotionally and physically I DID/DO feel like that. My development WAS like that. People DID react in those ways to me, and say those sorts of things. The fact that the school was concerned about me socially in the first grade is ANOTHER nail in the coffin.

I have TRIED to be more social, but just never managed. AS is something you don't grow out of or in to.

woodsman25
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

08 Aug 2007, 4:35 am

indeed, me and my parents were sooo misinformed when Dx'ed in 1986-87 And around 1993-1994 when mainstreamed they beleived I was 'cured" and expected me to be like everybody else just cause I was finally in a normal class in 5th and 6th grade.

As you age, many times you get better, or handel yourself better, or understand more, you can adapt.

After years of not talking about it, and sometimes not even thinking about it, only recently have I come to terms with it, when I started posting here, I look back, and ill tell ya.... what a feeling.

I know many of us have had bad childhoods, I feel I had a good 1 myself, very lucky, and I hope others, when they look back, overall, as difficult or uneque as it was, I hope their past was overall... good

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2007, 6:31 am

Sorry about your situation. I cannot imagine how hard it must be. I do not think I could survive out on the streets anywhere, and am glad I have never been in that situation and am unlikely to be. I hope something good comes your way.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2007, 8:29 am

Graelwyn wrote:
Sorry about your situation. I cannot imagine how hard it must be. I do not think I could survive out on the streets anywhere, and am glad I have never been in that situation and am unlikely to be. I hope something good comes your way.

thank you Graelwyn, for remembering all of our sisters and brothers in AS and Autism that didn't survive out there. Didn't survive frustrated, ignorant parents or misguided medical providers. . . and if they did, then launched out onto the streets and communities were they languished and didn't make it. Their gentle spirits must be watching out for the rest of us.

but in your, I feel sure

HankPym
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Aug 2007, 4:06 pm

Thnakyou again,only time to brieflyread and reply,not think before postin.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

08 Aug 2007, 5:31 pm

if you dont mind me asking, how much do you recive in disability? if its enough to get a buss ticket out of the bay area i'd do that. californias expencive dog. the south is cheap and mexico is super cheap im kindof in the same position, i get $754 a month after they take out for medicaid.

when my lease runs out in 7 months im either going to live in the south wich is far fetched, or mexico. i just wont drink the water.

woodsman25
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

08 Aug 2007, 5:38 pm

well... mexico may be a nice place to visit, but remember, you need a passport to cross the boarder, i live near the canadian border and soon the US will impliment that for the logest unprotected boarder on Earth.

Id think very carefully before making any move, afterall, when you move dont you want to maby change your life around for a bit, er somethin, many stay where they are for whatever reason, but you have to be certain, before you move that its what you want.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

08 Aug 2007, 5:42 pm

yah. your right, mexico isnt exactly politically stable, and corruption is pretty much everywhere. that would really suck to be innocent & framed for something and be sent to a mexican prison for any length of time. so maybe i'll just go with the south. its just so freaking humid there, i cant stand it. :?

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2007, 9:10 pm

richardbenson wrote:
yah. your right, mexico isnt exactly politically stable, and corruption is pretty much everywhere. that would really suck to be innocent & framed for something and be sent to a mexican prison for any length of time. so maybe i'll just go with the south. its just so freaking humid there, i cant stand it. :?

hum... you can get just as much corruption and political instablility and be sent to a southern prision just as innocent and just as framed. AND have to deal with the humidity.

HankPym
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Aug 2007, 4:58 pm

Oneof the major problems with goingto Mexico has been poiunted out plus I don';t speak Spanish.
As for the South,especially,I guess a small town is being suggested-How would I get therre? How would I pay for it? I'd be thought of as an outsider-accurately.
Im going to say more about myself,including some things that may sound " soap opera "-y , so , I'll say that-SO.

HankPym
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Aug 2007, 5:17 pm

Atpresent I have just generic,drugstore,glasses-I should have perscription
I am XXL in everything,really,or XLanyhow - 13EEE feet,really,basically XXL frame , maybe just XL and I'm fat - body , and I'm big and clumsy and tend to wear thru things
My official SSI/D is a bit more than you,its all I reliably get,I had thought of taking a bus or( do have a debt card )even buying an airplane ticket-to the East Coast area where I grew up. Prersumably its the only other place where Social Srvices might think I "had a right" to come,espec. since my brother - who is - SO - " for real " both ret*d and autistic,living in a group home(a nice one - my parents set it up for him),where I - SO - haven't physically seem him in about ten years and where he - SO - has been in the hospital about four times in the last year , at one,anyhow,point,in a nursing hoome,though he did get sent back to his regular GH,as he had "something wrong with his kidneys/balance/medication".
That area is also where my what had been my father's grave,which I - SO - haven't been to since it became my mother and father's grave ( I. e. , they're both buried there and I've never been able to go there since before it became both . ).
(I send presents to my brother,cards,and make phone calls to him. He is "childlike " r/a , not like me.)
On Medical I get diabetes piills free. They are from the Soc. Services who I mentioned seem tobe "a bit sick of me" otherwise. They make me #2 in a diahreeic manner,as does my "homeless stomach" digestion.