Page 2 of 4 [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

09 Aug 2007, 6:18 pm

i can hardly understand anything your saying, im guessing its because you dont have the right glasses? i hope you dont find this offencive or anything but if you get a substantail amount of ssdi how are you homeless? i mean they have some rundown motels for $25 a nite or even cheaper i think, i just dont get it. atleast you'd be able to take a bath and sleep in a bed. anyways if i was you son i'd roll up on out of california as soon as i got my next check, hell anywhere but on the west cost is where i'd go. (the farther you move away from the ocean the cheaper it gets) for some reason. Ive been checking out missoula montana and its a nice mountain town with a reasonable cost of living so if in a couple months i really cant afford here (wich i know i wont unless i get on section8 housing) i'll probably pack my stuff up and head up to montana. anyways good luck man i hope things work out for you :D

HankPym
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Aug 2007, 9:45 pm

richardbenson wrote:
i can hardly understand anything your saying, im guessing its because you dont have the right glasses? i hope you dont find this offencive or anything but if you get a substantail amount of ssdi how are you homeless? i mean they have some rundown motels for $25 a nite or even cheaper i think, i just dont get it. atleast you'd be able to take a bath and sleep in a bed. anyways if i was you son i'd roll up on out of california as soon as i got my next check, hell anywhere but on the west cost is where i'd go. (the farther you move away from the ocean the cheaper it gets) for some reason. Ive been checking out missoula montana and its a nice mountain town with a reasonable cost of living so if in a couple months i really cant afford here (wich i know i wont unless i get on section8 housing) i'll probably pack my stuff up and head up to montana. anyways good luck man i hope things work out for you :D

...Forone , asi said , HOW DO YOU PAT TO GO SOMEWHERE ! A

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

09 Aug 2007, 9:49 pm

well i assume you already know how to cash a check. knowing this you go to the greyhound station in downtown SF, buy your ticket to wherever you want to go get on the bus and leave, now the bus will make numerous stops along the way because they stop everywhere because it wastes TIME. to make a long story short you will arive wherever you bought your buss ticket to. you step off and set up shop in your new city!!

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2007, 6:22 am

I can only say that I sometimes wish I could exist in all places at once in physical form lol then I could take you in.
I find it so astonishing that with all the wealth some languish in, there are people on the streets.
It is just insanity.
There should be a world where everything is divided equal. But I suppose that would bring it's own problems.
I have known 2 men in the USA who were homeless. I sent both money to help out but it only went so far. In the end, one managed to sort himself out with bail money I sent him (he got wrongly accused of something) which he got back and used to rent somewhere. It had been money for me to go on some seminars given to me by someone else.
What reading material did you get hank ?

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

10 Aug 2007, 6:34 am

Grael never send anyone in the usa money. seriously, im sure your just a nice person looking to be nice but dont. :D

hank i dont know why you torture yourself like this, get to someplace cheaper my n***a and be the rookie in town!!

good luck :D

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2007, 6:39 am

richardbenson wrote:
Grael never send anyone in the usa money. seriously, im sure your just a nice person looking to be nice but dont. :D

hank i dont know why you torture yourself like this, get to someplace cheaper my n***a and be the rookie in town!!

good luck :D

Well I had known them both for sometime, and neither asked for the money, I just couldnt stand the idea of anyone having to go without food etc.

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

Location: 9099 will be my last post...what the hell 9011 will be.

10 Aug 2007, 6:41 am

richardbenson wrote:

Yeah that money was spent on hookers, wiskey and betting on horse racing. :D

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

10 Aug 2007, 6:44 am

Graelwyn wrote:
Well I had known them both for sometime, and neither asked for the money, I just couldnt stand the idea of anyone having to go without food etc.
if they were starving grael, they would have gone to the rescue missions. (meal centers) im shure your a very nice lady. please do not be taken atvantage of, especially on a tab of another country :wink:

HankPym
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Aug 2007, 4:23 pm

I was COMPLETELY running out of time at the library when Im posted my last post.so it'sincoherent,I had lea\ss than a minuteleft!
To start with , the price of a "cheap flop" was GREATLY underestimated by R. B. , they're more like double your estimate for aone-night,walkin,in what remains of them.
Obviously,one could go somewhere else.What do you do when you get there,however ?
I have really bad teeth,too,and I,therefore,look " bum-like ".
I have in the past and,after last night,did again think of going somewhere else.
It would hardly be an instant cure for everything,minus a lot of money or helpers,one would -- Go to Social Ser4vices ? Wouldn't they be suspicious of somewone who came into town all of a sudden,especially a " little,cheap" place ?
Yes , I grant that a place can cost less in many places,but,at the financial level that I am at,especially for a "proper" (deposit , couple months rent" place...And,did I mention that I get those diabetes pills courtesy of Cal.'s Medical , and I guess I " should " continue taking them , and a descision to leave them behind would at least have to be carefully made.
Among the rerading matter were two Ro9bert B. Parker paperback b\novels , too many comic books and bo9ok collections , and an issue of The Atlantic Monthly , the Annual Fiction Issue.

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2007, 7:09 pm

Graelwyn,

I know what you're saying, and agree in part. But I would be flipping hamburgers or something if I made as much. My current job can be long and arduous. I spend half my time BORED with NO WORK(which I HATE), and the other half in a crunch(which I ALSO hate). I sometimes have to work late into the night. On my last job I worked late into the night. EVEN weekends.

This USED to be my interest, and I LOVED it! I worked a LONG time for HALF of what I knew I could have gotten. NOW, I make much more than that. If not for all the jerks, I would probably be making 50-100% more than I am NOW!

Flipping burgers at least gives you SOMETHING to do, entails less risk/effort, etc....

I HATE that some get more credit, and work less hours while I do their work.

ALSO, frankly, some people don't deserve a PENNY.

The market pressures do SOMETHING to give the better people a chance to make more, and the differences in pay encourage workers to take a certain profession. Look at a heart surgeon! DANGEROUS! HARD! LONG! A HUGE INVESTMENT! RISKY! EXPENSIVE! Do you think they would do it if they could make the same flipping hamburgers?

I seriously tried to figure out a way to improve things. That was 30 years ago! I never came up with a way. I am a HORRIBLE negotiator, and one AS symptom I have in spades is the desire for stability and risk aversion. I am very reluctant to change jobs. These two things mean I am less likely to get the high end of the range.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

10 Aug 2007, 9:03 pm

HankPym wrote:
To start with , the price of a "cheap flop" was GREATLY underestimated by R. B. , they're more like double your estimate for aone-night,walkin,in what remains of them.
Issue.
well hank when i was homeless i know some of the rescue missions would let you stay for up to three months if you were trying to get on your feet. if your serious about getting a place to stay i'd check into that.

HankPym
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Aug 2007, 5:40 pm

WellRichard tostart, I am not sure that there are "rescue missions" of that sort,or anyway so many,here,and , as I said , I am in Dutch with the "mainstram" Human Services , Ithink there might be some problems...Maybe in another townYou don't appear to clearly say whether you yourself did that or no If so recommended ? (meaning did someone else rrecommend/rfer you)
MY teeth are REALLY bad - Essentially,I will have to get all my teeth pulled (sob) and get , at least shorter term,false teeth (I have read of implants but they are REALLY expensive) (And It's is NOT that there is an opportunity to have all pulled and get "just" false teeth available to me now that I am turning down - There is not )

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2007, 6:23 pm

Thank you for telling us a little bit more about yourself, Hank!

It sounds like you're similar to Bert from "Sesame Street" personality-wise.

HankPym
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Aug 2007, 7:23 pm

Bert's the taller one?
I have two teeth that have been especially rotting,I'd like - sigh - to have them pulled - " More people have died from rotting teeth than anything else " - But , I'd like a place to stay , the night after it's done , at least,w/the hurt and traumaand whatever drug they use.
And the night before, as I'd needto go to the clinic VERY early in the morning and(probably)hang around most of the day
If I could do that , stay somewhere for a couple nights...

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2007, 8:03 pm

That's right!

He's the one obsessed with being clean, just like you!

woodsman25
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

11 Aug 2007, 8:18 pm

It sickens me to think that Poor hank is homeless with teeth rotting outa his head and I have the worlds stupidest, crappiest self centered boss who thinks he knows everything and steals money from the workers, he gets to live a nice life, us workers bust our asses and have mediocer-less then means and hank has hardly anything, their is something wrong when someone like my boss gets to be on top because of his greed selfishness i hope he rots in hell, but us good ppl end up on the bottom working to support ppl like my boss, sick!!