Guys to overprotective of there girlfriends?

Page 1 of 13 [ 208 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2022, 10:30 am

Do you think it's unfair on nights out that you can't even have a casual chat with a lady without a jealous boyfriend getting pissed of?

In general do you agree also that guys get way to overprotective of there girlfriends?

DanielW
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2022, 10:33 am

Jamesy wrote:
Do you think it's unfair on nights out that you can't even have a casual chat with a lady without a jealous boyfriend confronting you over it?

In general do you agree also that guys get way to overprotective of there girlfriends?

Generally if a guy gets over protective of his girlfriend, it means he is out on a date with her, and doesn't take kindly to having another man hit on her. Would you want to be on a date and have another guy come over and start chatting up your date? Its generally considered very bad form.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2022, 10:37 am

DanielW wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
Do you think it's unfair on nights out that you can't even have a casual chat with a lady without a jealous boyfriend confronting you over it?

Generally if a guy gets over protective of his girlfriend, it means he is out on a date with her, and doesn't take kindly to having another man hit on her. Would you want to be on a date and have another guy come over and start chatting up your date? Its generally considered very bad form.

Yeah what about if its just casual chat with no romantic intention? That's not the same as being hit on lol.

That said if you see another man talking to woman the assumption might be he is chatting her up.

DanielW
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2022, 10:43 am

If a single person is out alone that's one thing. Being out with a companion is not the same. Casual chat or romantic doesn't matter. You don't chat people up if they are out on a date or with a partner. Just like you wouldn't sit down at someones table and help yourself to their food in a restaurant.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2022, 10:48 am

DanielW wrote:
If a single person is out alone that's one thing. Being out with a companion is not the same. Casual chat or romantic doesn't matter. You don't chat people up if they are out on a date or with a partner. Just like you wouldn't sit down at someones table and help yourself to their food in a restaurant.

Maybe my autism is the reason I don't understand boundries.

DanielW
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2022, 10:53 am

probably - that can be learned though, even if it doesn't come naturally to you. Social rules are complex...and they don't all make sense. Especially since there isn't always an answer to them other than "you just don't do that"

Dates are like small, private parties - if you aren't invited, you can't come. So if I woman is out with someone else, that is never the time to chat them up.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2022, 10:55 am

Jamesy wrote:
Do you think it's unfair on nights out that you can't even have a casual chat with a lady without a jealous boyfriend getting pissed of?
No, it is eminently fair.
Jamesy wrote:
No, because no man should ever allow some random chav to harass his girlfriend, and any such chav who does deserves to get removed from the venue (forcibly, if necessary).

Last edited by Fnord on 07 Aug 2022, 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2022, 11:06 am

I’d have to agree with the others in this thread. Unless you already know the woman and are saying “Hello, how are you?” in passing, it’s really, really weird to talk to a woman who is on a date with another guy.

It would just lead to discomfort for all involved.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2022, 11:10 am

Jamesy wrote:

General rule of thumb is not to approach women with boyfriends unless you spoken to said boyfriend first. A random guy appearing out of nowhere, unannounced will make any guy a bit skeptical.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2022, 11:12 am

DanielW wrote:
Dates are like small, private parties - if you aren't invited, you can't come. So if a woman is out with someone else, that is never the time to chat them up.
Quoted for truth.

This has nothing to do with recognizing boundaries, and everything to do with mannerly behavior and good common sense.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2022, 11:38 am

Most of the time, a woman would not be comfortable in this situation, either, so it’s not just about a “jealous” or “overprotective” boyfriend. They may be too polite to show their discomfort sometimes or they could even feel unsafe depending on the exact circumstances. In such a situation, a boyfriend or male friend could be useful.

Last edited by TwilightPrincess on 07 Aug 2022, 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2022, 11:44 am

A bit of topic last night when I was out after a few beers this younger girl said "can you stop looking at me please"

A girl has never openly said that to me before.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2022, 11:46 am

Jamesy wrote:
A bit of topic last night when I was out after a few beers this younger girl said "can you stop starring at me please"

A girl has never that to me before.

8O

Maybe you should avoid bars and excessive alcohol consumption if it’s going to make you behave in ways that makes others uncomfortable.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2022, 11:47 am

Twilightprincess wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
A bit of topic last night when I was out after a few beers this younger girl said "can you stop starring at me please"

8O

Maybe you should avoid bars and excessive alcohol consumption if it’s going to make you behave in ways that makes others uncomfortable.

I think because I am autistic as well having appropriate eye contact can be tricky and throw beer in the mix and you get what I mean.

The girl also said to my friends who were with me to stop bothering her

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2022, 11:50 am

Jamesy wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:
Jamesy wrote:

8O

I think because I am autistic as well having appropriate eye contact can be tricky.

What was the relation of her to you? Was she a complete stranger? So you approach women regularly or occasionally?

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2022, 11:51 am

Jamesy wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:
Jamesy wrote:

8O

I think because I am autistic as well having appropriate eye contact can be tricky.

I think it’s likely related to the “few beers,” too.

Having autism doesn’t excuse creepy behavior.