Thread derailment! Sound the alarms! Danger!

Page 4 of 10 [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

08 Aug 2022, 6:34 pm

Cornflake wrote:
How is this not an attack?
Dox47 wrote:
Because it's obviously and clearly not an attack?

You're making a false accusation of someone attempting to make other people do as they'd wish, a Svengali -type figure.
"Tries to get threads shut down" is also a pretty negative opinion of what you think someone is doing.

So what if Fnord is a frequent poster to the mod. attention thread? Are you keeping track of what he says there?
I'm not, nor of anyone else posting there.

From memory, most posts made to that thread are generally useful and give a good indication of areas possibly needing watching. Well, apart from all those others asking for things like threads to be merged with earlier versions, or reports of duplicate threads, or threads that might be better placed in a different forum, and so on.
All assist with everyday housekeeping and are very much appreciated.

This is still related to what constitutes "off-topic", what constitutes "derailment". Conventionally the OP of a WP thread has always been regarded as its owner and if they're not happy with how it's going, they get to make the final judgement of how it's to proceed. Or not proceed, as the case may be.

Sometimes they can be gently prodded into seeing that there is still a lively on-going conversation which could mean that they walk away from their thread and leave it to continue.
Other times they're rightly annoyed - especially if they'd made posts about it - at how something else is being discussed.

Clearly there's a large "to what degree?" component involved in all this, which is why that definition of "off-topic" - and let's add its sibling, "derailed" - would be so useful.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2022, 6:39 pm

"Running to the mods" is also problematic rhetoric.

It was an obvious attack. Saying otherwise is just ludicrous.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2022, 7:04 pm

Cornflake wrote:
You're making a false accusation of someone attempting to make other people do as they'd wish, a Svengali -type figure.
"Tries to get threads shut down" is also a pretty negative opinion of what you think someone is doing.

Oh boy, you're really determined to stretch the definition of "attack" to the limit, aren't you? One, the accusation is not false, two, I never said anything about a "Svengali type figure", that's your own editorializing, three, he does try to get threads shut down, quite regularly in fact, and four, so what if my opinion is negative, it's my opinion.

Is pointing out your biased moderation now an "attack" as well? It's my opinion and it's not positive, guess no one is allowed to criticize the job you're doing here anymore.

Also, if that's now the standard, I'm going to be sending you a huge pile of offenses that I'll expect to see action on, in fact I'll instruct every heterodox poster here about the new standard and how to report it, if that's how you want to play this.

Cornflake wrote:
So what if Fnord is a frequent poster to the mod. attention thread? Are you keeping track of what he says there?

So what if I am? I frequently check the mod attention thread, it's been a habit of mine for years due to frequent issues with moderator bias, and I have a good memory for names and posts. As to why it matters, you're claiming my accusation is false, and those posts are evidence that it is not, whether you feign ignorance of them or not.

Cornflake wrote:
From memory, most posts made to that thread are generally useful and give a good indication of areas possibly needing watching. Well, apart from all those others asking for things like threads to be merged with earlier versions, or reports of duplicate threads, or threads that might be better placed in a different forum, and so on.

I'm not debating the usefulness or efficacy of the mod attention thread generally, I'm referring to specific posts by a specific poster that prove the truth of the claim I made that you say is false, none of what you said here is relevant to that.

Cornflake wrote:
This is still related to what constitutes "off-topic", what constitutes "derailment". Conventionally the OP of a WP thread has always been regarded as its owner and if they're not happy with how it's going, they get to make the final judgement of how it's to proceed. Or not proceed, as the case may be.

Sometimes they can be gently prodded into seeing that there is still a lively on-going conversation which could mean that they walk away from their thread and leave it to continue.
Other times they're rightly annoyed - especially if they'd made posts about it - at how something else is being discussed.

Clearly there's a large "to what degree?" component involved in all this, which is why that definition of "off-topic" - and let's add its sibling, "derailed" - would be so useful.

WP convention or not, the thread "ownership" thing should be eliminated for posts in News and PPR, as it causes more problems than it solves in those forums. In my experience, that's an unusual rule, most forums that I use don't afford the OP any special privileges over the thread beyond editing their original post and sometimes the title.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

08 Aug 2022, 7:11 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Cornflake wrote:
It wasn't just about Alex Jones - it was about how someone inevitably posts to these heated things to say how they're not affected by {topic or the current sub-argument} and in the process imply that those who are are somehow at fault for doing so.

Which is pertinent to your function as a moderator how?
Because it was an observation on the situation I was addressing. Moderators can make observations too, you know.

Quote:
(...) I was pointing out that the fixation on Jones by certain posters was more extreme than that of many of his fans, and possibly counterproductive in opposing Jones, as it feeds him additional attention and possibly drives people to search him out and potentially get ensnared by him. It would of course be easier to demonstrate this if the pertinent posts had not been hastily deleted, along with the offending mod post that was much more aggressive than you're admitting to.
Hastily deleted? Not at all, merely as I'd completed other actions - and factually you have no idea, yet you choose to mischaracterise it as something underhanded. But since when were you made the arbiter of what threads are worth? Why should anyone care if you think they exhibit something you characterise as an obsession? So what if it is an obsession - are you about to step in with counselling advice? No. Privately express concern about the worrying degree of obsession? No. Why would anyone care about the remote possibility that somehow, through some magical mechanism, Jones might actually receive support because of something posted here?

Quote:
Cornflake wrote:
I'd also call such an intervention off-topic, but whether it's acted on because of that depends on many factors - not least of which is a reliably workable definition of "off-topic".

That's part of the problem, isn't it? Like I mentioned earlier, I'd say it's different in personal areas such as the Haven and Member Only were members are frequently talking about themselves or issues specific to them, vs News and PPR, which are discussion forums where more freewheeling debate is to be expected. What I've seen happen over and over is certain people use the "off topic" accusation to derail lines of inquiry that they don't want to respond to, even when simply ignoring the post in question would be much simpler and easier. I would suggest that for those forums, the standard should be closer to "out of left field" than "slightly different approach to the topic", so a post injecting say ancient aliens into a discussion about campaign finance law would be fair game for removal, but posts to the effect of "hey, have you tried coming at this from a different angle?" would be explicitly permitted. Aside from fostering more wide ranging debate, this would also reduce demands on the mod team, as posters wouldn't bicker over what is and is not "off topic" with a clear standard in force.
So give us workable definitions of "off-topic" and "derail" - ones that can be reliably used with any topic. I think you'll rapidly find that to a large extent, these depend on the OP - and that's the problem: there is no checkbox answer in these situations.

Quote:
Cornflake wrote:
I removed my post because it, and the posts it referenced, were superseded by later reports/events resulting in the removal of other material. Yet you want to turn this into something bigger than it is by picking on just one post removal?
You know, sometimes posts like these are removed because... they're no longer relevant - and not because there are dark forces at work on "other" motives trying to cover things up.

You were startlingly unprofessional and used the mod flag to launch veiled attacks on posters in a thread you had been participating in, I don't need to invoke mysterious motives to be suspicious about that post disappearing. In fact, if I understand how your tools actually work, you should have a copy of the removed post, which if it were so innocuous you should have no problem reposting here, right? Prove how ridiculous I'm being by posting the evidence.
I've already addressed this and I have nothing more to add and nothing to prove, least of all to you who simply wants blood.

Quote:
Cornflake wrote:
And taking screenshots? You wanna go all quis custodiet ipsos custodes on moderator activity?
I don't care. Knock yourself out. But remember, you're not privy to the content of reports and/or related private conversations. Or indeed moderator activity with those who have been falsely labeled as "protected".

"Falsely", lol. I'm not going to name names in public, but you tolerate a level of racism, sexism, and personal attacks from certain posters that would never be allowed to fly with us disfavored folks, who get the rules reinterpreted on the fly and retroactively applied to us, such as pointing out an obvious obsession being deemed a personal attack, just to use one recent example. Not that screenshots will actually do anything, as I've observed before the rules are what you say they are and you're effectively unaccountable, but I can at least prove it when you're lying in the future.
A quick deflection into another accusation.
Here's another observation for you: the people who tend to complain most about others' so-called privileges are very rarely those who make reports - but tend to be quick off the mark with accusations of favor.

Quote:
Cornflake wrote:
Just to add - while writing this post the following has been reported as an attack, and not by Fnord - as with most of the other reports you imagine you know not only who sent them, but why they sent them.

Oh, so you're telling me it was the evening royalty this time? Figures.
:roll: A cheap shot and a sly way of naming a member, and in the process add a derisive "Figures" - but you omitted the eye-roll. Or was that just another example of innocently using a word with no intended negativity?

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2022, 7:12 pm

Twilightprincess wrote:

Can I report this for calling me ludicrous?

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2022, 7:21 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:

Can I report this for calling me ludicrous?

You can if you like.

I didn’t say that you were ludicrous. I said that this specific act of manipulative behavior was. Your post was an obvious personal attack. Your post justifying it was manipulative and ludicrous.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2022, 7:49 pm

Cornflake wrote:
Because it was an observation on the situation I was addressing. Moderators can make observations too, you know.

Yes, you can, but when they're aggressively pointed, clearly aimed at a specific poster, and not in any way related to a rule break, they should not be made under the mod flag, that's like allowing free hits in a fight. That's why I quote replied to you on that, because it was so clearly aimed at me and snarky, to take your own advice it was something that could have been better handled via PM.

Cornflake wrote:
But since when were you made the arbiter of what threads are worth? Why should anyone care if you think they exhibit something you characterise as an obsession? So what if it is an obsession - are you about to step in with counselling advice? No. Privately express concern about the worrying degree of obsession? No. Why would anyone care about the remote possibility that somehow, through some magical mechanism, Jones might actually receive support because of something posted here?

I never made any claims to being such an arbiter, I was merely offering my own observations, something I thought was allowed in a political discussion in a political forum. There also is no need to mock any "magical mechanism" as I laid out a very clear path for someone to get from reading about Alex Jones here to going to view his material for themselves in order to confirm the accuracy of what is said here about him and getting caught up in his web of deception, which his success has proven to be quite powerful. I believe I even qualified it as a minor issue, but an issue nonetheless.

If you're going to now claim that making any observation about the motives of other posters is an attack, I'll again refer you back to Fnord himself and his cohort, who constantly challenge the motives of people participating in "their" threads with accusations of deliberate derailing and sabotage, shilling, deflection, etc, it's practically a calling card at this point. As I mentioned in a previous post, if this is the standard you insist on, I'll abide by it, but I'm going to go out of my way to make sure everyone else abides by it too, and I don't think that's going to be much fun for anyone.

Cornflake wrote:
So give us workable definitions of "off-topic" and "derail" - ones that can be reliably used with any topic. I think you'll rapidly find that to a large extent, these depend on the OP - and that's the problem: there is no checkbox answer in these situations.

I did, left field posts completely unconnected to the topic under discussion with no OP privileges given in News and PPR.

Cornflake wrote:
I've already addressed this and I have nothing more to add and nothing to prove, least of all to you who simply wants blood.

You know it looks really bad, gotcha.

Cornflake wrote:
Here's another observation for you: the people who tend to complain most about others' so-called privileges are very rarely those who make reports - but tend to be quick off the mark with accusations of favor.

Do you really want to take that tack with me? I've been very transparent over the years with the amount that I've cooperated with the mod team post 2009, if anything I'd have thought you'd be accusing me of being a hypocrite because of my own frequent reports rather than claiming I don't know what I'm talking about because I don't make any. I've absolutely noticed who gets come down on and who gets treated with kid gloves despite repeated bad behavior, often because it's been me reporting the bad behavior.

Cornflake wrote:
:roll: A cheap shot and a sly way of naming a member, and in the process add a derisive "Figures" - but you omitted the eye-roll. Or was that just another example of innocently using a word with no intended negativity?

Why bring Sly into this?

I'd also call it more informed speculation and/or reconnaissance by fire than a cheap shot, like I said I keep an eye on the mod attention thread, and someone frivolously reporting me multiple times in short period has a way of getting my attention. Sounds like a hit to me.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

08 Aug 2022, 7:52 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Cornflake wrote:

Oh boy, you're really determined to stretch the definition of "attack" to the limit, aren't you? One, the accusation is not false, two, I never said anything about a "Svengali type figure", that's your own editorializing, three, he does try to get threads shut down, quite regularly in fact, and four, so what if my opinion is negative, it's my opinion.
More mischaracterisations. Paraphrased - You accused him of shutting down threads as a means of exerting control, of stopping them (and I think it was you who added a condition to the effect of "when he doesn't like the way a thread is going" but it may have been someone else. After this number of paragraphed points I'm past caring).

Quote:
Is pointing out your biased moderation now an "attack" as well? It's my opinion and it's not positive, guess no one is allowed to criticize the job you're doing here anymore.
Opinions can easily be made into attacks, of course. The one is not necessarily the other and the whole depends on the means of communicating an opinion - but I expect you'll fisk the balls off this too so I'll give up to avoid providing more paragraphs to play with.

Quote:
Also, if that's now the standard, I'm going to be sending you a huge pile of offenses that I'll expect to see action on, in fact I'll instruct every heterodox poster here about the new standard and how to report it, if that's how you want to play this.
Fine, but you'll need to be careful that a flood of reports is not being made for vexatious reasons. If they are judged a vexatious quantity they are likely to be ignored.

Quote:
Cornflake wrote:

So what if I am? I frequently check the mod attention thread, it's been a habit of mine for years due to frequent issues with moderator bias, and I have a good memory for names and posts. As to why it matters, you're claiming my accusation is false, and those posts are evidence that it is not, whether you feign ignorance of them or not.
I don't care in the slightest if you check that thread - it's public, after all. I was idly wondering if you're correlating and cross-referencing posts made there.
But you're not merely pointing out something that may be factual, you're trying to make some sort of point out of it (boo, hiss - Fnord is often seen in the mod. attention thread and sometimes asks for threads to be closed) and it's in that process that the attack lies.

Quote:
Cornflake wrote:

I'm not debating the usefulness or efficacy of the mod attention thread generally, I'm referring to specific posts by a specific poster that prove the truth of the claim I made that you say is false, none of what you said here is relevant to that.
You don't like Fnord or what he posts or what he sometimes requests. What is this, nursery school?
Next...

Quote:
Cornflake wrote:

WP convention or not, the thread "ownership" thing should be eliminated for posts in News and PPR, as it causes more problems than it solves in those forums. In my experience, that's an unusual rule, most forums that I use don't afford the OP any special privileges over the thread beyond editing their original post and sometimes the title.
"Most forums" aren't WP.
The alternative you're suggesting here, with no useable definition of "off-topic" or "derail", is demanding an OP accepts whatever crap is posted to their thread, or that because several people are involved it must be allowed to run on in whatever direction it's going.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2022, 7:56 pm

Twilightprincess wrote:
You can if you like.

I didn’t say that you were ludicrous. I said that this specific act of manipulative behavior was. Your post was an obvious personal attack. Your post justifying it was manipulative and ludicrous.

So, my post pointing out that Fnord tries to get threads locked, e.g. pointing out his bad behavior, is somehow against the rules, but your posts claiming that my reasoning is ludicrous and that I'm being manipulative, are somehow okay?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2022, 8:00 pm

Dox47 wrote:
So, my post pointing out that Fnord tries to get threads locked, e.g. pointing out his bad behavior . . .
Show me in the rules of this website (not the ones in your head) where reporting derailed and inflammatory threads is “bad behavior”.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

08 Aug 2022, 8:18 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Cornflake wrote:

Yes, you can, but when they're aggressively pointed, clearly aimed at a specific poster, and not in any way related to a rule break, they should not be made under the mod flag, that's like allowing free hits in a fight. That's why I quote replied to you on that, because it was so clearly aimed at me and snarky, to take your own advice it was something that could have been better handled via PM.
Your characterisation, not mine.

Quote:
Cornflake wrote:
But since when were you made the arbiter of what threads are worth? Why should anyone care if you think they exhibit something you characterise as an obsession? So what if it is an obsession - are you about to step in with counselling advice? No. Privately express concern about the worrying degree of obsession? No. Why would anyone care about the remote possibility that somehow, through some magical mechanism, Jones might actually receive support because of something posted here?

I never made any claims to being such an arbiter, I was merely offering my own observations, something I thought was allowed in a political discussion in a political forum. There also is no need to mock any "magical mechanism" as I laid out a very clear path for someone to get from reading about Alex Jones here to going to view his material for themselves in order to confirm the accuracy of what is said here about him and getting caught up in his web of deception, which his success has proven to be quite powerful. I believe I even qualified it as a minor issue, but an issue nonetheless.
I didn't say you made claims of being an arbiter, only that you were acting as if you were.
It's a bit of a stretch to suggest that because someone posts X here it might end with Y elsewhere - where no-one is responsible for Y except those using Y. It reads like a kind of warning to be careful what "generic you" should post, lest it be misused. Well that's true of practically every opinion posted here - anyone could take it and make something of it outside of WP.

Quote:
If you're going to now claim that making any observation about the motives of other posters is an attack, I'll again refer you back to Fnord himself and his cohort, who constantly challenge the motives of people participating in "their" threads with accusations of deliberate derailing and sabotage, shilling, deflection, etc, it's practically a calling card at this point. As I mentioned in a previous post, if this is the standard you insist on, I'll abide by it, but I'm going to go out of my way to make sure everyone else abides by it too, and I don't think that's going to be much fun for anyone.
Again you mischaracterise what I've said into it being a claim that "any observation about the motives of other posters is an attack".
I'm not going to keep repeating myself.

Quote:
Cornflake wrote:

I did, left field posts completely unconnected to the topic under discussion with no OP privileges given in News and PPR.
Link them in this thread and I'll have a good look at them. Anything that makes moderation easier is always welcome.

Quote:
Cornflake wrote:

You know it looks really bad, gotcha.
And that's really all you're after here - a gotcha.

Quote:
Cornflake wrote:

Do you really want to take that tack with me? I've been very transparent over the years with the amount that I've cooperated with the mod team post 2009, if anything I'd have thought you'd be accusing me of being a hypocrite because of my own frequent reports rather than claiming I don't know what I'm talking about because I don't make any. I've absolutely noticed who gets come down on and who gets treated with kid gloves despite repeated bad behavior, often because it's been me reporting the bad behavior.
But I was addressing "the people who tend to ...", not you. Clearly not you for having made all those reports over the years - or is this another attempted mischaracterisation to make some other point?

Quote:
Cornflake wrote:

Why bring Sly into this?

I'd also call it more informed speculation and/or reconnaissance by fire than a cheap shot, like I said I keep an eye on the mod attention thread, and someone frivolously reporting me multiple times in short period has a way of getting my attention. Sounds like a hit to me.
No, it's still a cheap shot at taking a dig at a named member.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2022, 8:19 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:
You can if you like.

So, my post pointing out that Fnord tries to get threads locked, e.g. pointing out his bad behavior, is somehow against the rules, but your posts claiming that my reasoning is ludicrous and that I'm being manipulative, are somehow okay?

You were just “pointing it out?”

Come on, once again you are using manipulative wording. No one is buying it.

By the way, there was no “bad behavior.”

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

08 Aug 2022, 8:20 pm

Dox47 wrote:
So, my post pointing out that Fnord tries to get threads locked, e.g. pointing out his bad behavior
It's not bad behavior to request a thread lock. That's your mischaracterisation, made sans facts.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2022, 8:23 pm

Cornflake wrote:
More mischaracterisations. Paraphrased - You accused him of shutting down threads as a means of exerting control, of stopping them (and I think it was you who added a condition to the effect of "when he doesn't like the way a thread is going" but it may have been someone else. After this number of paragraphed points I'm past caring).

So, you're claiming that it's the addendum "to exert control" that converts "poster X asks for a lot of thread locks" to a personal attack? Okay, that's completely new and never been enforced that way before, but whatever, though I'll add that I could prove that part as well if I wanted to put the effort in, as there really is a lot of supporting evidence in this case.

Cornflake wrote:
Opinions can easily be made into attacks, of course. The one is not necessarily the other and the whole depends on the means of communicating an opinion - but I expect you'll fisk the balls off this too so I'll give up to avoid providing more paragraphs to play with.

So you don't have a good answer.

Cornflake wrote:
Fine, but you'll need to be careful that a flood of reports is not being made for vexatious reasons. If they are judged a vexatious quantity they are likely to be ignored.

Oh, another new rule pulled out the hat, I wasn't aware that vexatious reporting was a thing here, I'd have been reporting people for that years ago had I known. Sure seems like a convenient way to justify ignoring certain reports though.

Cornflake wrote:
I don't care in the slightest if you check that thread - it's public, after all. I was idly wondering if you're correlating and cross-referencing posts made there.
But you're not merely pointing out something that may be factual, you're trying to make some sort of point out of it (boo, hiss - Fnord is often seen in the mod. attention thread and sometimes asks for threads to be closed) and it's in that process that the attack lies.

You keep saying "attack" when what I did was point out a pattern of behavior, a pattern that is easily confirmed via his own posts. Are you claiming that it changes from an observation to an attack when I "try to make some sort of point out of it"?

Why don't you go back and look at the original exchange, Fnord accuses me of telling him what to do, and I retort with the implication that telling others what to do is more his bag; why is it that only my comment is being raked over the coals here? Do you not realize how much pain you could be saving yourself by simply not trying to stretch the rules here in order to hassle me?
Cornflake wrote:
You don't like Fnord or what he posts or what he sometimes requests. What is this, nursery school?
Next...

Wow, talk about a deflection; what do my personal feelings towards Fnord have to do with whether the facts support my claims about him? For the record, I also argued in favor of his reinstatement many years ago when he was banned under a previous mod regime.

Cornflake wrote:
"Most forums" aren't WP.
The alternative you're suggesting here, with no useable definition of "off-topic" or "derail", is demanding an OP accepts whatever crap is posted to their thread, or that because several people are involved it must be allowed to run on in whatever direction it's going.

So you're demanding solutions to a problem that you then refuse to fix because of an idiosyncratic "tradition", got it.

Last edited by Dox47 on 08 Aug 2022, 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2022, 8:32 pm

Adults are entitled not to like people.

(Nothing against Fnord by the way).

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2022, 8:33 pm

Cornflake wrote:
Your characterisation, not mine.

And yet, one of us has the power to clear that up by posting the deleted post that now resides in the mod archive, yet won't. Curious.

Cornflake wrote:
I didn't say you made claims of being an arbiter, only that you were acting as if you were.
It's a bit of a stretch to suggest that because someone posts X here it might end with Y elsewhere - where no-one is responsible for Y except those using Y. It reads like a kind of warning to be careful what "generic you" should post, lest it be misused. Well that's true of practically every opinion posted here - anyone could take it and make something of it outside of WP.

Even if I accept that uncharitable version of my posts, where are the rules being broken?

Cornflake wrote:
Again you mischaracterise what I've said into it being a claim that "any observation about the motives of other posters is an attack".
I'm not going to keep repeating myself.

Then explain when an observation becomes an attack, clearly and concisely, which you've yet to do.

Cornflake wrote:
Link them in this thread and I'll have a good look at them. Anything that makes moderation easier is always welcome.

You're going to have to give up this idea of OP privilege in two forums to make it work, which you seem unwilling to do for some reason, despite that being an unusual and unwieldy custom.

Cornflake wrote:
And that's really all you're after here - a gotcha.

I don't know about you, but if someone made an accusation against me that I could easily disprove with a screen shot, I'd jump all over the easy win rather than going round and round with quote replies accusing my accuser of bad faith while avoiding the question.

Cornflake wrote:
But I was addressing "the people who tend to ...", not you. Clearly not you for having made all those reports over the years - or is this another attempted mischaracterisation to make some other point?

Come on now, are you really going to try and claim you weren't trying to lump me in with those people? Even I wouldn't try and rules lawyer that.

Cornflake wrote:
No, it's still a cheap shot at taking a dig at a named member.

What dig, and what named member?