F.B.I. Raids Trump's Mar-a-Lago estate

Page 7 of 67 [ 1069 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 67  Next

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2022, 12:12 pm

↑ ↑↑ ↑↑↑ So, by his own words, Mr. Trump admits to being a mobster, not innocent, and a disgrace.

As if we had not already assumed as much.

:roll:

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2022, 12:26 pm

Matrix Glitch wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
^^^
Yes, it is. I just think it's extremely disingenuous of the Republicans to take an anti-law enforcement stance after their blue-lives- matter spiel when law enforcement cracks down on them or their base, no matter how justifiable law enforcement might be.

Both sides have acted ridiculously. But I know you're hyper-partisan.

As are you, my friend!

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2022, 12:35 pm

You know . . . Mr. Trump's reaction reminded me of an old saying, and he may eventually validate it, too!

"A Conservative is a Liberal who has been mugged; and a Liberal is a Conservative who has been arrested."

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2022, 1:59 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
^^^
Yes, it is. I just think it's extremely disingenuous of the Republicans to take an anti-law enforcement stance after their blue-lives- matter spiel when law enforcement cracks down on them or their base, no matter how justifiable law enforcement might be.

As are you, my friend!

Even though I just said both sides have acted ridiculously.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2022, 2:21 pm

Matrix Glitch wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
^^^

As are you, my friend!

I could say a lot here...

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2022, 2:53 pm

Matrix Glitch wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
^^^

As are you, my friend!

Yes, insisting it's all equal when it's clearly not sure comes off as partisan.

Both sides are equally bad despite their actions varying by orders of magnitude is a particularly cowardly form of enlightened centrism, but if one is consistent with where their sympathies lay when they apply those tactics it's fair to recognize that person as partisan.

DEFEND DEFEND DEFEND
I'm not defending anything, teehee.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2022, 3:36 pm

Matrix Glitch wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
^^^

As are you, my friend!

"Sides"?

What 'sides' are there?

There is one man ( a rogue former POTUS who tried to steal an election, among other violations of the Constitution), and then there is -everyone else - Republican and Dem, who is trying to keep this individual out of trouble, and off the streets, so he can do no more harm to himself or others.

Trump violated every value of the Republican party so obviously you dont mean GOP vs Democrats.

There is a cult of mostly, but not entirely, one time Republicans, who have sold their souls, and their GOP values, to the Devil in order to join the cult of Trump. That is true. But I wouldnt call that cult a 'side'.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2022, 6:07 pm

Based on the updated information, I'm guessing there are not any smoking guns in what the FBI took; its sounding strictly like a records matter, perhaps the Trumps holding onto stuff that had sentimental value to them, despite not being legally allowed to (the kind of law they probably got used to breaking as private citizens due to their status, not all laws are created or applied equally, but the White House plays by different rules, a fact I don't think he has ever really absorbed).

Not to say he won't get bit by it; records are to politicians what taxes were to Al Capone.

While I am glad Trump's thinking on the 5th might be evolving (if he'll apply it to others is to be seen), his past statements have done a lot of damage.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2022, 6:22 pm

Oh, the irony:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-made-f ... 04317.html

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2022, 7:13 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:

I'd forgotten about that.

Apparently he did, too.

The irony, indeed.

I suppose he hoped to trap Hilary when he signed the law increasing the penalty for mishandling records.

Taxes and records laws. How they trap those who can't play by the rules but are skilled at covering their tracks.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2022, 7:46 pm

Trump is purely an "ends justifies the means" type of person.

No moral sense at all.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2022, 7:50 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
^^^

As are you, my friend!

Yes, insisting it's all equal when it's clearly not sure comes off as partisan.

Both sides are equally bad despite their actions varying by orders of magnitude is a particularly cowardly form of enlightened centrism, but if one is consistent with where their sympathies lay when they apply those tactics it's fair to recognize that person as partisan.

DEFEND DEFEND DEFEND
I'm not defending anything, teehee.

I didn't say partisan, I said hyper-partisan.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2022, 8:01 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
^^^

As are you, my friend!

"Sides"?

What 'sides' are there?

There is one man ( a rogue former POTUS who tried to steal an election, among other violations of the Constitution), and then there is -everyone else - Republican and Dem, who is trying to keep this individual out of trouble, and off the streets, so he can do no more harm to himself or others.

Trump violated every value of the Republican party so obviously you dont mean GOP vs Democrats.

There is a cult of mostly, but not entirely, one time Republicans, who have sold their souls, and their GOP values, to the Devil in order to join the cult of Trump. That is true. But I wouldnt call that cult a 'side'.

If that were true then there would be no reason to worry about Trump being reelected. But you stated in another thread the reason why Trump must be talked about 24/7 and brought into every conversation, is to fight against him being reelected. So which is it? A smallish cult, or more than half of American voters?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2022, 10:10 pm

Probably somewhere in between.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2022, 10:36 pm

If the number is smaller than half of American voters, then all the prevailing fear of him being reelected shouldn't exist. The attitude should be, he'll never get reelected because only his cult would vote for him. But that seems far from being the case. And what's more, there's the possibility of DeSantis, who's supposed to be worse than Trump, being the next president. Which again would require more than half of voters leaning in that direction, rather than a minority of alt-right kooks.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2022, 11:18 pm

Matrix Glitch wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:

If that were true then there would be no reason to worry about Trump being reelected. But you stated in another thread the reason why Trump must be talked about 24/7 and brought into every conversation, is to fight against him being reelected. So which is it? A smallish cult, or more than half of American voters?

It is a mistake, in my opinion, to think of Trump as a Republican. He gets the party support because of promises he makes in trade, but he isn't actually a conservative.

His appeal crosses party lines for reasons that don't fit our party boxes. Its like a cult from my view.