F.B.I. Raids Trump's Mar-a-Lago estate

Page 30 of 67 [ 1069 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 67  Next

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2022, 2:16 pm

Apparently the former guy is having difficulty hiring a decent legal team and has to settle for a rag tag bunch of 2nd and 3rd stringers:

https://www.salon.com/2022/08/17/everyo ... k-for-him/

Gee, you’d think with all the magas that are so sure he’s innocent and this is all just a politically motivated witch hunt that there’s be some top notch lawyers amongst them all clambering for the honour to represent such a wrongly persecuted man.. :lol:

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2022, 2:18 pm

Raptor wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
Meh nobody's perfect.

On a website infested with progressives, any non-progressive should wear those labels as badges of honor.

Statistically, the USA is infested with progressives. Or, at least, a population that heavily favors liberal policies. The aberration is that our federal government and political discussion fails to reflect that. Not saying that is necessarily bad, depends on the reasons and extent, just noting the reality.

Last edited by DW_a_mom on 17 Aug 2022, 2:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2022, 2:21 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Apparently the former guy is having difficulty hiring a decent legal team and has to settle for a rag tag bunch of 2nd and 3rd stringers:

https://www.salon.com/2022/08/17/everyo ... k-for-him/

Gee, you’d think with all the magas that are so sure he’s innocent and this is all just a politically motivated witch hunt that there’s be some top notch lawyers amongst them all clambering for the honour to represent such a wrongly persecuted man.. :lol:

Going beyond the one story, the legal fall out does tell the truth of the election, at least, doesn't it? There are both evidence based and professional standards that must be followed. A lawyer can't perform work that ignores these standards without risking disbarment.

Standards are a little different for personally representing Trump in a potential criminal case. You don't have to believe him for that. That he has trouble seems to involve other factors.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2022, 7:55 pm

Trump uses methods employed by televangelists.....

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... 83435abd1c

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2022, 11:16 pm

Reminds me of those who make zillions off GoFundMe after having been hosed.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2022, 10:09 am

I supposed their goal is, 'we're going down, but we're gonna take Trump down too before that happens'.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2022, 10:23 am

Matrix Glitch wrote:
I supposed their goal is, 'we're going down, but we're gonna take Trump down too before that happens'.

Who? Who's goal? Who's going down and taking trump with them? :?

trump's crimed enough to go down on his own.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2022, 3:18 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:

Hitting the sauce and shrooms early?

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2022, 3:55 pm

Matrix Glitch wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:

Hitting the sauce and shrooms early?

Nope. Just asking who you’re referring to that’s going down and trying to take trump with them.

Hit up the beach for an intense training sess’ with my personal trainer. Lunch and a beer in the sunshine rn, then I’m off to pack for vacation.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2022, 5:04 pm

Judge says he's inclined to unseal parts of Mar-a-Lago search affidavit, orders government to submit redactions

Quote:
A federal judge on Thursday said he is inclined to unseal at least some of the probable cause affidavit used to secure a search of former President Donald Trump's Florida estate and ordered the government to submit proposed redactions.

“On my initial careful review ... there are portions of it that can be unsealed,” Magistrate Judge Bruce Reinhart said after a hearing where a top government lawyer contended the document's release could jeopardize an investigation that is still in its "early stages."

In a written ruling after the hearing, Reinhart said, "I find that on the present record the Government has not met its burden of showing that the entire affidavit should remain sealed."

The judge said he would "give the government a full and fair opportunity" to make redactions to the document, and ordered them to turn in the redacted version by next Thursday, along with a legal memo justifying the proposed redactions. He said he would then review the document and either order its release if he agrees with the redaction or hold a closed-door hearing with the government if he disagrees.

The judge added that if they can't agree, "obviously I'd win" that argument, but he'd allow the government time to appeal his ruling

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2022, 5:28 pm

if he could just be packed off back to his mara lardo never to bother us again, i will settle for that.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2022, 6:15 pm

auntblabby wrote:
if he could just be packed off back to his mara lardo never to bother us again, i will settle for that.

That’s too gods for him considering his crime spree.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2022, 7:13 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

That’s too gods for him considering his crime spree.

being that we're vastly outnumbered by the "just wanna watch the world burn" types who are just fine with cheering on his evils, we have to take what we can get.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2022, 11:37 pm

Many who wanna watch the world burn would love for Trump to be imprisoned. He'll become the right's Nelson Mandella, and DeSantis will capitalize on that.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2022, 12:05 am

Matrix Glitch wrote:
Many who wanna watch the world burn would love for Trump to be imprisoned. He'll become the right's Nelson Mandella, and DeSantis will capitalize on that.

What some other nut may or may not do is irrelevant to whether trump should face consequences for his crimes. It's crazy that crazies are threatening to crazy if trump is held accountable for his crime spree. If that's what happens and a bunch more crimeys crime all over the place; lock them up, too.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2022, 12:13 am

"a man sees what he wants to see and disregards the rest."