F.B.I. Raids Trump's Mar-a-Lago estate

Page 65 of 67 [ 1069 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2022, 11:15 pm

In the last few years, a lot of effort to say the whole US system is evil because the founding fathers owned slaves. The checks and balances system they set up is looking pretty good right now. Without the courts standing up, it is questionable we would have a Republic now.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

02 Dec 2022, 3:51 am

More -
US court strikes down appointment of special master to review Trump records

*points* "Ha-ha". /Nelson

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2022, 6:56 am

Here I wish Trump didn’t have the power of appeal….and wishing Raymond Dearie (the Special Master) would move much faster.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2022, 2:48 am

:lol:

More classified documents were found at a trump storage site in Florida.

https://fb.watch/hhjNsYm7_v/?mibextid=v7YzmG

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2022, 2:58 am

[editorial=satire]

[/editorial]

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2022, 10:44 am

Imagine having to be on the secret service detail protecting trump in jail. :lol:

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2022, 10:29 pm

DOJ asks federal judge to hold Trump team in contempt over classified documents

Quote:
The Department of Justice has urged a federal judge in Washington, D.C., to hold former President Trump’s team in contempt of court for failing to comply fully with a May subpoena for all documents with classification markings in his possession, sources familiar with the matter told ABC News.

DOJ's urging is part of sealed court proceedings in Washington, where DOJ and Trump lawyers have battled for weeks over compliance with grand jury subpoenas, sources have told ABC News. The Trump team has also not wanted to identify an official custodian of records to attest that all records have been handed over.

What's apparent is that no one from Trump's team wants to designate themselves as a custodian of records and potentially make themselves more vulnerable legally.

If the judge were to rule in DOJ's favor, the punishment most likely would be a daily fine.

bolding=mine

Trump Mar-a-Lago suit ends after former president declines to appeal ruling
Quote:
Former President Donald Trump declined Thursday to appeal a court order ending his lawsuit challenging the FBI’s seizure of documents from his Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida, paving the way for investigators to finally get hold of the bulk of documents collected in the search.

The 11th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals last week dismissed the lawsuit he filed after the Aug. 8 search. The appeals court overturned U.S. District Judge Aileen Cannon’s order appointing a special master to review the trove of documents federal agents recovered and preventing the government from using them in its investigation into Trump’s possession of sensitive records.

The appeals court had given Trump until Thursday to appeal to the full 11th Circuit or the Supreme Court and try to get a stay before the order took effect. No appeal was filed.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2022, 9:42 pm

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2023, 10:33 pm

Trump lawyers ordered to hand over names of individuals hired to search Trump properties for classified documents

Quote:
A federal judge has asked former President Donald Trump’s attorneys to turn over the names of the individuals hired to search four properties for documents late last year, a source familiar with the order told CNN.

The names were handed over Wednesday night, two sources told CNN.

It’s the latest twist in the Justice Department’s efforts to use the court to enforce a subpoena from May that sought to collect all classified records Trump kept in his possession after leaving the presidency. The New York Times first reported the development.

Trump’s legal team hired two individuals to search Trump Tower in New York, the Bedminster golf club, an office location in Florida, and a storage unit in Florida where ultimately two documents with classified markings were found, CNN has previously reported. Those documents were handed over to the FBI. No other documents with classified markings were found during the search of the four Trump’s properties.

The Justice Department had removed 11 sets of classified documents from Trump’s Mar-a-Lago residence while executing a search warrant in August for possible violations of the Espionage Act and other crimes.

The four searches overseen by Trump’s legal team came amid lingering concerns from the Justice Department that not all documents had been returned to the federal government.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2023, 11:51 pm

:ketchup chips:

On the ketchup chip note, I had some from some store brand I forget the name of from Rexall Drugs on NYD that were “home style ketchup flavour,” or something like that and they tasted fantastic! Tastes more like fresh tomatoes and spices vs the tangy synthetic taste of most ketchup chips.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2023, 10:46 pm

Trump Defends Empty Classified Folders Found At Mar-A-Lago As ‘Cool Keepsake’

Quote:
Former President Donald Trump offered a new explanation Wednesday for why the Justice Department found dozens of empty folders for classified documents at his Mar-A-Lago home in August, claiming he kept them as souvenirs, as the ex-president tries to downplay the extent of the sensitive White House records discovered at his Florida estate—and as a similar investigation is launched into President Joe Biden.

When it searched Trump’s Mar-A-Lago estate, the DOJ recovered 48 empty folders marked as containing classified material and 42 folders that once contained documents that should be “return[ed] to staff secretary/military aide,” along with dozens of classified documents, according to an inventory released in September.

The ex-president claimed on his Truth Social app Wednesday the empty folders were “just ordinary, inexpensive folders with various words printed on them,” and when he was given classified documents at the White House, officials would collect the classified materials themselves but not the folders, and so Trump “saved hundreds of them.”

Trump called the folders “a ‘cool’ keepsake,” after the folders had prompted speculation that there were more classified documents Trump took that were still missing

The DOJ’s Mar-A-Lago search uncovered far more than empty folders, however, with investigators finding 103 documents labeled classified in August and more than 11,000 non-classified White House documents and photos.

Trump focused on the empty folders while downplaying the extent of what investigators found at Mar-A-Lago, claiming he had “done nothing wrong,” accusing the DOJ without evidence of “planting” materials at his Florida estate and criticizing the media and Democrats for claiming Trump had a “large number of documents” at Mar-A-Lago as a way to make a similar investigation into Biden look less necessary.

Trump’s claims on Wednesday that the FBI “planted” evidence when it searched Mar-A-Lago echo similar allegations he’s made in the past. His attorneys have been unwilling to back up those allegations in court, however, and point to what exactly they believe the federal government claimed to have found at Mar-A-Lago that was not there to begin with.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2023, 10:54 pm

Mmhmm.. just cool keepsakes like he didn’t pay any taxes because he had business loss write offs to carry forward and that’s just how not paying any taxes in the USA works. :roll:

[Jeff Foxworthy]You might be a cult member if you believe any of what trump says..[/Jeff Foxworthy]

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2023, 12:40 am

Lol what’s her face the lawyer just waived her attorney client privilege with a statement she made on TV apparently:

https://fb.watch/ibcYX-JoSD/?mibextid=v7YzmG

So now the DOJ can question her on anything she talked with trump about the stolen docs and she can’t say she can’t talk due to attorney client privilege.

trump really has the best lawyers! :lol:

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2023, 9:59 am

lolol

More documents found/turned over a day or two ago along with a laptop belonging to a trump aide (and I think thumb drive) that the classified documents were copied onto.

Sooo, now they're concerned about what other documents may have been digitized and shared. Naturally.

What a walking talking security risk that orange moron is..

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2023, 10:01 am

Trump’s the type to sell classified documents to the highest bidder….who could be a Russian or Chinese spy.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2023, 10:08 am

Apparently it was an aide from his save america pac. It's against the law to store documents like that where 3rd parties might gain access - so - another reason he might actually be charged over the documents case.

kraftiekortie wrote:
Trump’s the type to sell classified documents to the highest bidder….who could be a Russian or Chinese spy.

True. Or he'd trade them for something of value if not outright sell them for cash. He might offer them up just to keep them from calling his loans or increasing interest rates etc - good as cash, I suppose. But yeah, he'd sell secrets.. some people warned of that when he was first running for potus in 2015.