F.B.I. Raids Trump's Mar-a-Lago estate

Page 66 of 67 [ 1069 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2023, 4:22 am

:lol:

Crimey crime crime criming crime spree.. and that’s just all related to this case. He’s pulled the same crap in every other case, too.

Hurry up and just go to jail already.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2023, 1:21 pm

Still waiting.. political commentators have started saying they're hearing rumours that the boxes hoax (lolz, yeah right) is getting close to Jack Smith dropping charges.

Gonna be awesome when more and more charges start dropping in various cases.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2023, 12:18 pm

George Conway and trump lawyer ty cobb: trump is going to jail for this. Even without other evidence, the obstruction case is too strong.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/george-c ... 5c605b8616

Good. Seeeeeeend him to tha slammer. 8)

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2023, 3:28 pm

lolololol there are audio recordings of trump acknowledging that he took classified documents and that his authority to declassify them isn't the same post presidency so he couldn't share it with everyone he wanted to etc etc and this was all apparently about one specific document related to a war plan to attack Iran.

So many other bits of evidence in the public realm all indicate that the lawyers and commentators on all sides that continue to say "He's going to jail for this," are correctamundo - especially for obstruction.. but maybe for espionage.

Of all the trump legal woes, this one seems like the most cut and dry case to be most likely to take his freedom.

All we can do is wait and see. :ketchup chips:

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2023, 10:53 am

In a Farron Cousins commentator clip he said the DOJ served the search warrant on maga-lardo buuuut as they did that, they may have been watch bedminster to see if there were additional docs being moved around there. Makes sense. Could be. Apparently the conversation about the Iran doc took place at bedminster - so maybe that doc was/is there and who knows what others.

Of all the crimey crimes trump is being investigated for and very likely to be indicted for, the documents case + obstruction seems about the most cut and dry way for him to lose his freedom.

Hopefully he gets convicted of all of the various crimes he's gonna get nailed for.. election fraud/interference, tax fraud etc.. but this one is special since there are so many lawyers all saying the ~same thing about the documents case: "trump's going to jail for this." I sure hope they're right! 8)

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2023, 3:09 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
...there are so many lawyers all saying the ~same thing about the documents case: "trump's going to jail for this." I sure hope they're right! 8)
I also think he belongs in prison. But I would add the caveat that he should be held in isolation with very restricted contact with other people inside or outside the prison. He has repeatedly shown complete lack of concern for national security and considers classified information to be entertaining conversation fodder. When he is behind bars I suspect he'll start mentioning classified stuff as a way to show how important he is. He will be a security disaster trying to happen.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2023, 5:36 pm

Double Retired wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
...there are so many lawyers all saying the ~same thing about the documents case: "trump's going to jail for this." I sure hope they're right! 8)
I also think he belongs in prison. But I would add the caveat that he should be held in isolation with very restricted contact with other people inside or outside the prison. He has repeatedly shown complete lack of concern for national security and considers classified information to be entertaining conversation fodder. When he is behind bars I suspect he'll start mentioning classified stuff as a way to show how important he is. He will be a security disaster trying to happen.

That’s why his former lawyer Michael Cohen says trump deserves prison but will get house arrest - easier to isolate him at home than it is to prevent other prisoners from getting to him.

I’d rather they built a separate little trump cottage inside a prison yard and stuck him there if he can’t be on a cell block.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2023, 8:17 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Double Retired wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

That’s why his former lawyer Michael Cohen says trump deserves prison but will get house arrest - easier to isolate him at home than it is to prevent other prisoners from getting to him.

I’d rather they built a separate little trump cottage inside a prison yard and stuck him there if he can’t be on a cell block.
House arrest?! NO! His houses are pretty plush.

Trump cottage in a prison yard? Why not just pop him into solitary confinement...with guards who are cleared at the SCI level.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2023, 2:53 am

Double Retired wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Double Retired wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

House arrest?! NO! His houses are pretty plush.

Trump cottage in a prison yard? Why not just pop him into solitary confinement...with guards who are cleared at the SCI level.

Probably some prison regulations that prevent permanent solitary confinement due to being inhumane or something along those lines is my best guess why not.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2023, 11:59 am

He is clearly a security risk.

I oppose executing him for treason. (-1- I believe that would complicate any attempt to reclaim any ill-gotten gains from his pockets. -2- He would probably enjoy the attention from the trial.)

House-arrest would be too luxurious in his homes.

Is there someplace suitable in Puerto Rico?

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2023, 1:02 pm

Double Retired wrote:
He is clearly a security risk.

I oppose executing him for treason. (-1- I believe that would complicate any attempt to reclaim any ill-gotten gains from his pockets. -2- He would probably enjoy the attention from the trial.)

House-arrest would be too luxurious in his homes.

Is there someplace suitable in Puerto Rico?

If he's guilty of a crime with the death penalty And he receives it he'd probably deserve it a whole lot more than many Americans that have been executed in the past - especially the ones that were exonerated by evidence after their deaths.

trump being alive complicates getting him to pay for anything. All he does is delay and obstruct court proceedings. As long as he lives he'll try to postpone paying any tax bills for anything. Probably easier for the government to just seize money from his estate than deal with him.

His homes are luxurious.. which is why I say build a basic little box of a concrete cottage inside prison walls if he's to be kept from other inmates. If house arrest, I wonder if they can make him live in a particular house.. like make him live in a very regular little house in the middle of nowhere w/o golden toilets and all that crap.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2023, 1:10 pm

He keeps going on tv saying he's a victim of a politically motivated witch hunt and it's all just to interfere with the election.

Ummmm.. except for all the evidence. And the recordings.

Maybe he's preparing for an insanity defence in this and other cases?

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2023, 1:30 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Maybe he's preparing for an insanity defence in this and other cases?
Perhaps an inanity defense?

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2023, 3:27 pm

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2023, 3:34 pm

Trump attorneys met at Justice Department for just under two hours

Quote:
ttorneys representing former President Donald Trump — John Rowley, James Trusty and Lindsey Halligan — were at the Justice Department at around 10 a.m. Monday, weeks after Trump's lawyers had requested a meeting with top federal law enforcement officials.

CBS News cameras captured Trump's legal team walking into the Justice Department. The former president's lawyers did not speak as they entered the building in Washington, and they stayed for just under two hours. A person familiar with the meeting between the three attorneys and the department said that Attorney General Merrick Garland did not attend.

Two people familiar with the probe said that Trump's legal team is frustrated with how Justice Department officials have handled attorney-client matters in recent months and would likely raise their concerns on this front during Monday's meeting, in particular, prosecutors' discussions of related issues in front of the grand jury.

Earlier this year, a federal judge said Trump's attorney must testify before a federal grand jury in Washington, D.C., investigating the former president's retention of documents with classified markings.

The attorney, Evan Corcoran, previously refused to answer questions from investigators about his conversations with Trump, citing attorney-client privilege concerns. Prosecutors in the special counsel's office wanted to ask Corcoran about an alleged call he had with Trump on June 24, 2022, around the time investigators were seeking to secure documents at Trump's home and video surveillance tapes of Mar-a-Lago, a source previously told CBS news last week.

The special counsel's team asked D.C. District Chief Judge Beryl Howell to reject Corcoran's claims of privilege and force him to testify against his client, Trump, on the basis that the attorney-client communications in question could have furthered criminal activity. Howell's secret order only partially granted that request and ruled that the so-called "crime-fraud exception" be applied to Corcoran's testimony on a specific set of questions, the sources said.

Several sources with knowledge of the investigation believe that a charging decision in the documents case is imminent, and Trump lawyers in recent days were expected to meet at some point with the Justice Department to talk through where things stand and to potentially lay out their concerns about the prosecutors' efforts so far.

Grand jury testimony has slowed in recent weeks, sources said, indicating the investigation may be coming to a close. Numerous former White House aides and Mar-a-Lago employees — from security officials and valets — have been called to testify in secret proceedings in Washington, D.C.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2023, 3:44 pm